Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,543 members, 7,929,769 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:10 PM

Copper Mine Land Grabs Protest Heats Up - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Copper Mine Land Grabs Protest Heats Up (498 Views)

Supplier Or Miner Of Lead Ore, Pure Galena, Zinc, Copper, Mica, Tantalite? / We Need Serious Nigerian Exporters For These Copper Ore Contracts! / A Manual On The Processing And Export Of Lead, Zinc And Copper Ores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Copper Mine Land Grabs Protest Heats Up by venscrusher: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
Tensions rise among protestors at the Letpadaung mountain variety copper mine, in Sagaing Division, following their needs to be adequately compensated for confiscated land were declined by the local authorities.<br />
Much more than 500 residents from 12 villages, who fear pressured relocation and the destruction of their crops because of to excavation work, marched in the direction of the Salingyi Township administrative workplace on Wednesday but had been turned back en route by security forces.<br />
Around seven,800 acres of farmlands from 26 villages surrounding Letpadaung mountain variety in Salingyi Township near Monywa in Sagaing Division, had been confiscated for the copper mine in 2011. The venture is a joint enterprise in between the Union of Myanmar Economic Holding Ltd (UMEH) and Wan Bao Business, a subsidiary of China North Sectors Corporation.<br />
Myint Htay, a forty nine-yr-outdated farmer from Taw Kyaung Village, informed The Irrawaddy, We were on our way to the township administrative workplace but had been stopped by the authorities at Ohn Ship Pyar Village, which is about 3 miles from Salingyi.<br />
The march took place following skirmishes broke out between villagers and the mining business at the project area on Tuesday evening. Wan Bao Business brought security forces to their compound in order to resume function and so broke an agreement they made two months in the past, declare villagers.<br />
Following protests in June, the villagers demanded that the company stopped pressured relocations, refrained from dumping waste from the project which damages crops, reopens locked monasteries and stops the building of venture buildings.<br />
The UMEH Company agreed not to pile waste and not to continue developing, but they stated the other two needs should be taken to greater authorities for consultation, stated U Nandasara, a monk from Hse Te Village.<br />
Even though residents had been told by the nearby authorities that the dispute will be settled at the township workplace, their representatives had been turned away from a meeting on Wednesday. Instead, journalists current had been informed that payment experienced already been given to the villagers.<br />
sand making machine price<br />
sand making machine for sale used<br />
cone crusher for sale india

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Designer Shop @ Chembian Plaza Gwarimpa Available 4 Any Good Management / Relable Website For Properties In Benin City / Do You Need A Business Website For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.