Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,042 members, 7,966,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 03:04 AM

Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note (52076 Views)

Important Message About The New #5000 Note CBN Want To Introduce / New 5000 Note To Carry D Face Of 3 NIGERIAN Women / New 5000 Naira Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Deiok(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2012
This people are totally killing our economy. What is it with all this high currency of a thing in this country. Is it some kind of competion or race with other countries. Cause i dont usually see nigeriam coming first in any competition. Soludo and jonathan are the worst . Cbn chairman, and president we have ever have. I cry for the Economy of my country.
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by baslone: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2012
kunle.t.ade:
Am disappointed why not Yar-adua :-XAm disappointed why not Yar-adua

Yardaua bawo?

I prefer Abacha!!!
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by cyril83(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2012
Ajibel: haa okay na, them go one day have my own picture in #10,000 note...no be joke..mtschew
in ur deepest grave
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by carolrex: 11:12am On Aug 25, 2012
Why only mosque in the background? What about holy rosary or bible and amadioha or olokun. More inflation sets in the 9ja economy. Over out!
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by wilxz(m): 11:13am On Aug 25, 2012
After all these plenty yarns nobody don talk wetin that hausa woman achieve. Mtschewww.

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2012
Am surprised Mrs retardeen's face is not on the new note! Abi she couldn't convince her husband enough to make her face appear on the new denomination? Ok then we need to wait for 10,000naira note.
Pls what's the name of the lady from the north? And what has she done for nigeria? Just curious. undecided
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by airfinance(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2012
The third woman her name is. Haji Gambo sawaba she was a politician and a human right activist one of the few northern women activist with ethnic social and religion discrimination. She is not educated but she is courageous fearless woman. She had criticized lots of military junta. She is not popular in the southern parts of the country. Once saw. Her interview in 1999 before her death when she was admonishing for democracy during Gen. Abdulsalam. That's all I know about her. Any northerner in the house could help us.

2 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2012
kunle.t.ade:
Am disappointed why not Yar-adua :-XAm disappointed why not Yar-adua

What did Yaradua do, Ojukwu should have been the most appropriate
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by maninmood(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2012
Well, they're idolized. Great heroines of our time. However, the more these mongrels we have at central bank print more higher denomination, the more devalued our Naira will be. They are gradually changing our country into elitists' where the opulent relish, and the poor rot away like chaff! It's high time we started giving values to the lower denomination by putting a barricade to printing of new higher notes! You wonder why higher denomination of British Pounds you can see is 50, and the United States dollars 100? Is this a motive to siphon more public fund? If otherwise, what is the torque behind this? Oh Sanusi wants to endorse his name into new notes-printing-hall of fame. Believe it or otherwise, with the advent of this 5000naira single note, you won't be able to survive with that 100naira you used to eat satisfactorily every afternoon at mama put. And lest I forget, 10naira sachet of pure-water will inevitably become 20naira. How will the poor survive?

2 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by airfinance(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2012
airfinance: The third woman her name is. Haji Gambo sawaba she was a politician and a human right activist one of the few northern women activist with ethnic social and religion discrimination. She is not educated but she is courageous fearless woman. She had criticized lots of military junta. She is not popular in the southern parts of the country. Once saw. Her interview in 1999 before her death when she was admonishing for democracy during Gen. Abdulsalam. That's all I know about her. Any northerner in the house could help us.
Sorry typographical Error." WITHOUT” ethnic Social and religion discrimination.
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by getukudo(m): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2012
Paul John: If I may ask, what's the special thing these women have done for Nigeria?
Cause I think it's only Heroes and Heroine faces that are put on any currency

Heroine
Definition
1. A woman admired or idealized for her courage or noble qualities
2. A woman noted for special achievement in a particular field.
3. The principal female character in a novel, poem, or dramatic presentation.

From the definition of Heroine, does any of these women have any of the characteristics? shocked

What have you done for yourself and your community as a whole? Why must you come here and show us all that you are stupid!
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 25, 2012
With ur writeup,i believe that ur definition of heroine is limited to politicians,whom do u xpet to see?Allision madueke,or Ngozi iweala?these women worth been there.
Paul John: If I may ask, what's the special thing these women have done for Nigeria?
Cause I think it's only Heroes and Heroine faces that are put on any currency

Heroine
Definition
1. A woman admired or idealized for her courage or noble qualities
2. A woman noted for special achievement in a particular field.
3. The principal female character in a novel, poem, or dramatic presentation.

From the definition of Heroine, does any of these women have any of the characteristics? shocked
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Abeyjide: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2012
caseless: D rate at which dz tin is goin w'l hav 500k and 1 million note soon considerin d increasin numba of politicians and activists. Cos i knw gej and sambo nid 2 b rememberd too for bringin facebook and cassava bread. Asari,tompolo,boyloaf,gani adam ar waitin.

dat means,if dey wil lke to die now so dat dey wil include ders too.all dis peolple on our currency were no more.
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by bright007(f): 11:27am On Aug 25, 2012
One thing is sure:The N5000 fake will surely emerge before the original comes out
Just imagining somebody collecting å fake N5000 note
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Lordave: 11:34am On Aug 25, 2012
Seems like the 3rd woman Was of no use to this entity.
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by VolvoS60(m): 11:37am On Aug 25, 2012
afam4eva: I can understand Fumilayo Kuti and Margret Ekpo. Who's that Northerner. I've never heard of her in mind. These northerners must think the whole country revolves around them.

Your comments above will just invite unecessary controversy - read up about the woman and learn something. A google search will reveal a lot about Gambo Sawaba. For example, the 'Gambo Sawaba Story' is available in pdf online. If that is too flattering, there are other online articles about her which you may find more balanced.

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Michrach: 11:37am On Aug 25, 2012
#5000 note hmmm...... Inflation at the highest order

2 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Ajibel(m): 11:38am On Aug 25, 2012
cyril83: in ur deepest grave

embarassed embarassed embarassed

i'd prove u wrong angry
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by excelway(m): 11:38am On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 25, 2012
interguru:
you will hav google them because u dont know ur country history.
has i read d names , i think it is a long over due honor
Woow o boy ur english is stratigraphically bedded wit alot of dykes and faults lol.
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 25, 2012
airfinance: The third woman her name is. Haji Gambo sawaba she was a politician and a human right activist one of the few northern women activist with ethnic social and religion discrimination. She is not educated but she is courageous fearless woman. She had criticized lots of military junta. She is not popular in the southern parts of the country. Once saw. Her interview in 1999 before her death when she was admonishing for democracy during Gen. Abdulsalam. That's all I know about her. Any northerner in the house could help us.
is this just the reason her name should appear on the new note? Sanusi Lamido can't stop amazing me!
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Michrach: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2012
Deiok: This people are totally killing our economy. What is it with all this high currency of a thing in this country. Is it some kind of competion or race with other countries. Cause i dont usually see nigeriam coming first in any competition. Soludo and jonathan are the worst . Cbn chairman, and president we have ever have. I cry for the Economy of my country.
soludo is no longer the chairman of cbn, its sanusi

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by mumento007: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2012
Margaret Ekpo was born in Creek Town, Cross River State to the family of Okoroafor Obiasulor and Inyang Eyo Aniemewue. She reached standard six of the school leaving certificate in 1934. However, tragedy struck at home with the death of her father in 1934, her goals of further education in teachers training was as a result put on hold. She then started working as a pupil teacher in elementary schools. She married a doctor, John Udo Ekpo, in 1938. He was from the Ibibio ethnic group who are predominant in Akwa Ibom State, while she was of Igbo and Efik heritage.

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by mumento007: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2012
Mich-rach:
#5000 note hmmm...... Inflation at the highest order

thatz true
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2012
afam4eva:
lol grin It was a typographic error
Typographic or Typographical?

Another Bonb detonated in Maitama Abuja.

Lol grin
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by yemmy19(m): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2012
Paul John: If they're so famous, it shouldn't be until I google them before I know what significant thing they've done.
We would have been taught about them in social studies when we were in basic(primary) school cool
Like Amina of Zaria, Mother Teresa ...

My thought though
Dullard,if u ar still adamant that u dnt knw Funmilayo Kuti,u ar a disgrace to all JSS student.if ur son or daughter is in d JSS Ω̴̩δω,beg him or her to teach Ɣ☺ΰ ...olooodo oshi
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Habybullah(m): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2012
afam4eva: I can understand Fumilayo Kuti and Margret Ekpo. Who's that Northerner. I've never heard of her in mind. These northerners must think the whole country revolves around them.
Gambo Sawaba was a great nationalist! She even lost her Womanhood to the struggle! I am not from the north but I ve read about her. You should do same also b4 coming to run your tribalistic mouth! The major question should be "do we really need 5K notes?!" What effect is it going to have on an already failing economy?" Personally, I think Sanusi just wants to go down in history as the CBN governor that introduced the 5K note!

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by odumchi: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ikengawo: no igbo woman, mind you the women's rights movement was almost completely and igbo exercise in the beginning of this nation and even today hence why igbo women are the only ones with rights in nigeria.

Amazing.

Margaret Ekpo is an Igbo. Her father was an Igbo businessman from [what is today] Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by PaulJohn1: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
getukudo:

What have you done for yourself and your community as a whole? Why must you come here and show us all that you are stupid!
I'm not here to debate about my personal life or achievement. I'm a Nigerian who is patriotic enough to show concern about issues in my country. If you have problem with that, then get off the thread. It's not by force to make comment and show your ignorance on a public forum.

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by luvinhubby(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2012
N5000 note when your minimum wage is N18000, NIGERIA IS A COUNTRY LOST IN TRANSIT.

2 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
hillsate:
Ol boy, this your grammar just detonated
two bombs in VI grin
Ol boy, this your grammar just detonated two bombs in VI

O boy I tire oo grin
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by pazienza(m): 12:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
Margret ekpo. Another igbo-ibibio collabo. We have always had a unity of purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo Receives Sule Lamido & Kwankwaso In Abeokuta (Photos) / Governors Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Ugwuanyi Visit Atiku / President-Elect, Buhari, Considers Only 19 Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.