Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,140 members, 7,916,340 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:56 PM

How To Successfully Negotiate When Your Car Is Bashed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Successfully Negotiate When Your Car Is Bashed (1048 Views)

Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Successfully Negotiate When Your Car Is Bashed by Immune1(m): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
Rule1: Don’t inconvenience other road users by obstructing free flow of traffic. The world doesn’t revolve around you; by intentionally blocking the road, neither do you achieve drawing sympathy to your situation nor showcase the severity of your scuffle. It only simply shows how desperate you are, unless the level of impact totally renders your car immobile, be sensible and considerate enough to pull over and safely park your vehicle away from the road.

Rule2: Always have it in mind that it is your car that was hit; not you.

Rule3: Take charge of the situation and act as calmly as possible, even if you normally stammer while talking. However there might be cases where the incident would have been totally avoided and probably before the impact you issued several warnings. But no matter the build-up to the incident, always separate emotions. The key is to stay objective. In the process of attempting to take charge of the situation, you somehow easily convince the ailing party that he/she is at fault.

Rule4: The more tempers flaring, the more time spent to land on a concrete agreement. This rule is a follow up of the rule3; endeavour to rationalize your statements and don’t forget that you are trying to get enough money from the individual to fix your car! In an unreasonable height of fury, you might even miss a glaring chain effect owing to the impact and concentrate only on the obvious damage.

Rule5: Finally, be assertive and don’t sulk! The affected party isn’t doing you a favour by rightly paying for his/her mistake. Stay open and be reasonably agreeable. You can even suggest confirming prices of the affected body parts from sources suggested by both parties.
source:http://www.autobaseafrica.com/how-to-successfully-negotiate-when-your-car-is-bashed/
Re: How To Successfully Negotiate When Your Car Is Bashed by Harbb: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2012
Nice one
Re: How To Successfully Negotiate When Your Car Is Bashed by redcliff: 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2012
Immune#1:
Rule1: Don’t inconvenience other road users by obstructing free flow of traffic. The world doesn’t revolve around you; by intentionally blocking the road, neither do you achieve drawing sympathy to your situation nor showcase the severity of your scuffle. It only simply shows how desperate you are, unless the level of impact totally renders your car immobile, be sensible and considerate enough to pull over and safely park your vehicle away from the road.

[/url]
i somewhat disagree with you on this above statement. Although it is not a wise move to obstruct other road users but some drivers could be so dicey that it is always good for a third and more party to see who is at fault before making a proper park. Sometimes, they could deny being at fault and i think thats why people block the road when being hit cos they dont want to make anyother move inorder to prove who is right or wrong in the scenario
Re: How To Successfully Negotiate When Your Car Is Bashed by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
redcliff:
i somewhat disagree with you on this above statement. Although it is not a wise move to obstruct other road users but some drivers could be so dicey that it is always good for a third and more party to see who is at fault before making a proper park. Sometimes, they could deny being at fault and i think thats why people block the road when being hit cos they dont want to make anyother move inorder to prove who is right or wrong in the scenario
Fine point, but this can be obviated by taking immediate photo shots of the scene of accident on your phone. So I think Rule #1 can still reasonably stand.

(1) (Reply)

Most Expensive And Fastest Cars In The World / How Well Do You Know An Ignition Switch? / Law Againt Trailer Movement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.