Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,637 members, 7,972,367 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:55 AM

Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? (67241 Views)

Picture Of Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti & Beko Ransome-Kuti / Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? / Funmilayo Ransome Kuti - Nigeria's Wonder Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by BizBooks(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
In the same 2010 interview, Kevwe one of Fela's wives said "In the process, some soldiers
were electrocuted. . . Having destroyed the power generator, the soldiers were able to gain
entry into Fela’s home"
. As more facts become available, it's becoming clear that Fela
shares a large portion of the blame for what happened that day.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Shaw007(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Obasanjo looted Treasury to start his Farms[/size]
hate him and call him wicked if u like,but as rogueY as d man is,form ur write-up there,u gotta admit. . .he's fuccking smart!!cool
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by crackhouse(m): 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
naptu2:

Read it carefully and answer the following question.

If I shot a man on tuesday and the man was hospitalised and eventually died from the wounds on friday and someone asked you when was the man killed (not when did he die) and who killed him; what would you say?
very simple, u killed him but his death was a slow one and that's why he died on friday instead of Tuesday. He died slowly

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
BizBooks:

She was asked a direct question: "Was it on the same day that Fela’s mother was killed?" and
she answered "Yes" with no qualifiers. Many people including myself believed that was what
happened until recently.

What is this controversy about? At least you now know she didn't die the same day. The woman interviewed admitted to being unconscious for a period of time, maybe she had a memory lapse.

How and when Fela's mum died is public knowledge, I've never heard anywhere that she died the same day she was thrown down from her son's house.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by naptu2: 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
When this was going on, he told his mother that he wanted to activate the wire; but she said he should let the police go into the compound as long as they had a search warrant. Also, she said if they didn’t come with one, he should be ready to wage a total war with them. Of course, it turned out that the policemen did not come with a search warrant and they came in company with many soldiers.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by petrus4good(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
Siga: ...Nice point my guy....ok...lets try this....get a couple of Soldiers to beat u at 70 wella, then we go ask them to toss u off second floor or even first floor....then we can know for sure whether u go die or not...seems fair right? undecided
#GBAM
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
[size=28pt]Obasanjo is a foolish, genocidal, kleptomaniacal looter and a habitual liar devoid of any conscience and shame[/size]
Shaw007: hate him and call him wicked if u like,but as rogueY as d man is,form ur write-up there,u gotta admit. . .he's fuccking smart!!cool

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by BizBooks(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
Early on, I made the following statement:

Not to minimize the gravity of the incident but I believe the second floor in this instance
is what is usually known as the first storey. That is not too high. One can survive falls
from such heights even an elderly woman.

Not surprisingly, many people vehemently disagreed with that particular view point. That's
absolutely fine. But in this particular instance, I have seen and some of you have also seen
a picture of Fela's mother after the incident. The picture has to some extent convinced me
that the author was correct when he stated that the soldiers did not really kill Fela's
mother. We have seen the picture, one day, we may see the autopsy report if there is one.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by CeaserB: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
BizBooks: In the same 2010 interview, Kevwe one of Fela's wives said "In the process, some soldiers
were electrocuted. . . Having destroyed the power generator, the soldiers were able to gain
entry into Fela’s home"
. As more facts become available, it's becoming clear that Fela
shares a large portion of the blame for what happened that day.

This Boy! Was Your Father Amongst The Soldiers That Tried To Climb Fela's Fence!?
If Yes, He Was A Rogue/Burglar. Cos Only Burglars Climb Fences To Maim and Steal. angry

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
BizBooks: Early on, I made the following statement:

Not surprisingly, many people vehemently disagreed with that particular view point. That's
absolutely fine. But in this particular instance, I have seen and some of you have also seen
a picture of Fela's mother after the incident. The picture has to some extent convinced me
that the author was correct when he stated that the soldiers did not really kill Fela's
mother. We have seen the picture, one day, we may see the autopsy report if there is one.

My friend. . .I said you should try it with your grandma and update us later. angry
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by BizBooks(m): 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

My friend. . .I said you should try it with your grandma and update us later. angry

grin grin grin We are talking about a specific case in point. In this case Fela's mother. My
grandma or anybody's grandma has nothing to do with it.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by naptu2: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2012
DaGrin was involved in a car accident. A few days later his manager said that he was getting better. They showed a picture of him sitting up in bed. A few days after that picture was taken, DaGrin died. What do you think killed him?

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by naptu2: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
Alright, it's time to hear your theory. If the fall didn't kill her, what did?
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
BizBooks:

grin grin grin We are talking about a specific case in point. In this case Fela's mother. My
grandma or anybody's grandma has nothing to do with it.

The only problem i have is that I have an utter disregard for reminisce but I do like deja vu.Why going back over this sh'i't when we can experiment with your g-mo ?
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by BizBooks(m): 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
naptu2: DaGrin was involved in a car accident. A few days later his manager said that he was getting better. They showed a picture of him sitting up in bed. A few days after that picture was taken, DaGrin died. What do you think killed him?

From the pictures I saw, DaGrin never appeared to regain consciousness after the accident.
But I could be wrong. If you have the pictures showing him sitting up, post it here. Also,
you pointed out that DaGrin died a few days after the accident. Fela's mother died 2 months
after.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2012
I honestly have no idea why this is up for debate, even Obj's inquiry into the matter laid the blame at the feet of an unknown soldier. Is this some sort of plan to reinvent history?!
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by CeaserB: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
naijababe: I honestly have no idea why this is up for debate, even Obj's inquiry into the matter laid the blame at the feet of an unknown soldier. Is this some sort of plan to reinvent history?!

Abeg, Abeg, Abeg...Please switch over to the Romance section. This is about Government and Politics. It is apparently clear you have no idea about the importance of History. angry
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
naijababe: I honestly have no idea why this is up for debate, even Obj's inquiry into the matter laid the blame at the feet of an unknown soldier. Is this some sort of plan to reinvent history?!
abi o

Somebody probably needs a brain transplant !
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2012
CeaserB:
[s]
Abeg, Abeg, Abeg...Please switch over to the Romance section. This is about Government and Politics. It is apparently clear you have no idea of the importance of History.[/s] angry

Nonsense
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
CeaserB:

Abeg, Abeg, Abeg...Please switch over to the Romance section. This is about Government and Politics. It is apparently clear you have no idea about the importance of History. angry

This one thinks he's a historian. If you read my post 100 times you still won't understand, let me help you ok.

Obasanjo = head of soldiers. Murderer of Funmilayo Kuti = Unknown Soldier. Work it out from there

~Bluetooth:

abi o

Somebody probably needs a brain transplant !

Read that post again Bluetooth. I expect you to know better.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
naijababe:

Read that post again Bluetooth. I expect you to know better.

Unfortunately,that comment was meant for the @OP that was trying hard to re-write history.so much propagandists on NL these days.where is dede1 for amadioha's sake ?
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Katsumoto: 7:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
naijababe:

This one thinks he's historian. If you read my post 100 times you still won't understand, let me help you ok.

Obasanjo = head of soldiers. Murderer of Funmilayo Kuti = Unknown Soldier. Work it out from there

Iyalode, do you have a history with that fellow? grin grin grin
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Katsumoto: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
BizBooks:

From the pictures I saw, DaGrin never appeared to regain consciousness after the accident.
But I could be wrong. If you have the pictures showing him sitting up, post it here. Also,
you pointed out that DaGrin died a few days after the accident. Fela's mother died 2 months
after.

I suppose only visible wounds kill; you must be right. The non-visible damage to vital organs and mental scars take only 3 hours to heal.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

Iyalode, do you have a history with that fellow? grin grin grin

Do you need a history with them before they start to throw insults? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Tropilo(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2012
Heard Fela's mom was popularly referred to as "Iya Aje". I was reliably informed she tried to get down from the balcony of the one storey building because the house was on fire and slipped from the roof of a smaller building Beko (her son), used as his clinic in Fela's premises.
Fumilayo (aka: Iya Aje) Ransome-Kuti, was not pushed let alone thrown through the window of that house.
A 78yr old woman would definately not survive being thrown from that height. Besides, the building had iron burglary proofs in the windows, so how possible would it have been to throw her through the iron mongery?
Fela, with his lawyers (Tunji Braitwaite) even took the Obasanjo government to court on the invasion of his property and was "adequately compensated" by the government.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by joeyfire(m): 8:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
Obj
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
Someone asked why would Fela safeguard his house against soldiers?

The same soldiers that didnt come with a warrant, The same soldiers that were unidentified by anyone and called unknown soldiers?

OP, WOuld you allow a group of unidentified ppl into your house without any form of warrant?

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by ayobase(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
emmysenior: #singing# "If you ask me.... Na who I go ask? the matter wey you see so.... ee tey wey ee start". Well, I presume that she may have died as a result of protracted illness from the inhumane treatment she got from the soldiers.

U are a character indeed!
LOL!
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Tstark(m): 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
Richvkunt: One of Felas boys had a traffic clash with a soldier from the Albati barracks at Idi Oro in Lagos. The soldier tried to arrest the boy,but he fled and took refuge in Felas compound called Kalakuta Republic.
The soldiers from Albati barracks stormed Felas residence in order to arrest the boy and take him to their barracks. Fela refused them entry by electrfying the fence surrounding the fence,so there was a stalemate.
At this time Lagos was still the capital of Nigeria and the defence HQ was based at Marina. When news got to Thophilus Danjuma, a major General and chief of army staff,he instructed the brigade commander of Albati barracks to arrest Fela dead or alive.
Based on this instructions,more than one thousand soldiers stormed Kalakuta,but could not gain entrance because of the electrified fence. Instructions were given to the NEPA manager for the area to switch off the electricity supply to the area,but Fela countered this by switching on his generator plant.
The soliers shot up the generator which exploded and caught fire,the fire then spread to the main building and the soldiers were able to scale the fence and attack all the residents. Fela was arrested,while his mother and breother Beko Ransome Kuti were thrown out of th storey winndow to the ground floor,substaining various degrees of fractures.

The brutality,rap.e and destruction of Kalakuta republic attracted public out cry and the government of Gen Obasanjo had to inagurate a probe panel that returned a verdict that the property was burned by an unknown soldier and as such Fela was not entitled to compensation.
Felas mother, Funmilayo died a few months after this strange verdict. From this,you can reach your conclusion on who killed the poor woman!

The part you left out is that Fela refused to release the boy to the soldiers, but agreed to release him to the police cos he felt it was a police issue and not a military one. He then proceeded to his balcony to play "zombie" with his saxophone and this infuriated the soldiers even more.
That's when they sent reinforcements to the house, if Fela had released that boy to the soldiers, all that mess wouldn't have happened
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by Katsumoto: 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
Tropilo: Heard Fela's mom was popularly referred to as "Iya Aje". I was reliably informed she tried to get down from the balcony of the one storey building because the house was on fire and slipped from the roof of a smaller building Beko (her son), used as his clinic in Fela's premises.
Fumilayo (aka: Iya Aje) Ransome-Kuti, was not pushed let alone thrown through the window of that house.
A 78yr old woman would definately not survive being thrown from that height. Besides, the building had iron burglary proofs in the windows, so how possible would it have been to throw her through the iron mongery?
Fela, with his lawyers (Tunji Braitwaite) even took the Obasanjo government to court on the invasion of his property and was "adequately compensated" by the government.

And why would a 78 year old woman try to become spiderwoman in her own home? If the burglary proof necessitated access to the roof, then she could also have been pushed from the roof. Think your logic through next time.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by doublej1(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
The answer to this question is very simple and pls do not doubt it. A soldier was killed at kalakuta republic this lead to the raid that occurred. I would not say that obj masterminded this because i have no substantial evidence.
Re: Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? by jude33084(m): 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
M M M: She died during an abortion undecided

Is Ŧħåϯ Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† happened Ť☺ ♈☺uЯ lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Shoot At Shiite Protesters (Graphics Photo) / Obama Awards Certificate Of Competency To Jega / Femi Fani-Kayode & Wife, Precious Chikwendu Have Separated - Kemi Olunloyo, SDK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.