Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,388 members, 7,926,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 10:09 AM

The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists (1841 Views)

Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? / Abortion In Nigeria: Legality, Morality And The Fear Of God (theists, Deists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by truthislight: 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2012
jayriginal: grin

As in, I could reel off a few names guilty of this.

please do,

as in we will all learn.
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by truthislight: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
jayriginal:

grin

One of them is a lawyer, I could get sued.

cool

funny guy.

Virtual suing.
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by truthislight: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2012
Avicenna:
Even the most unlike you person uses it.

I used to be like you
No! I USED TO BE LIKE YOU!

is it honesty to assumed that it was only atheist that were religious turn atheist?

Cant it be the other way round?

An atheist turned religious!

Why then are the atheist being ..........

Pls, dont be one sided in your reasoning and feel as though you are being maginalise.
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by truthislight: 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2012
mkmyers45:

You fail to see no problem then...but who were the intelligent followers you were referring to?

more than 50% of atheist on this forum subscribed to evolution.

I said more than 50% cause i am very much aware of Dalafruita and his outright rejection of evolution.

So then the majority of atheist hide behind evolutionary theory.

So, evolution is synonimouse with atheist.

Enigma was right.
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by Avicenna: 1:50pm On Aug 25, 2012
truthislight:

is it honesty to assumed that it was only atheist that were religious turn atheist?

Cant it be the other way round?

An atheist turned religious!

Why then are the atheist being ..........

Pls, dont be one sided in your reasoning and feel as though you are being maginalise.

U missed 'THE MOST UNLIKE YOU PERSON'?

Assume and assume and assume.........
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 1:52pm On Aug 25, 2012
truthislight:

more than 50% of atheist on this forum subscribed to evolution.

I said more than 50% cause i am very much aware of Dalafruita and his outright rejection of evolution.

So then the majority of atheist hide behind evolutionary theory.

So, evolution is synonimouse with atheist.

Enigma was right.

All christains must believe in Jesus yes? All atheists must believe in evolution no?
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by Enigma(m): 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
^^ But do you now understand my post that you queried? smiley

cool
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
Enigma: ^^ But do you now understand my post that you queried? smiley

cool

I got it...sorry for any misunderstanding
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by Enigma(m): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2012
^^^ No problem at all; I just wanted to make sure. smiley

cool
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by truthislight: 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
mkmyers45:

All christains must believe in Jesus yes? All atheists must believe in evolution no?

i was trying to bring out a basis for that assumption, it was an assumption alright.

You also dont standup for evolution when the bells start ringing Ofcouse.

But that can pass for a common notion by an onlooker/observer.

Actually, defining ones stance without ambuquity like Dalafruita does is not really a bad idea.
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by Ishilove: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2012
Enigma: One more sample of hypocrisy and duplicity (there are several more examples in fact). smiley

Posted at the risk of boring the more sensible people who will read the thread ---- as these used to bore me stiff; now my friend having learned from me how useless that style was can now . . . .

Thank God you know it is mind numbingly boring. These whole atheist blabs have bored me to the point of inertia
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2012
truthislight:

i was trying to bring out a basis for that assumption, it was an assumption alright.

You also dont standup for evolution when the bells start ringing Ofcouse.

But that can pass for a common notion by an onlooker/observer.

Actually, defining ones stance without ambuquity like Dalafruita does is not really a bad idea.

Looking objectively we aren't talking about notion but facts so your initial assertion is ambiguous and incorrect
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by truthislight: 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2012
mkmyers45:

Looking objectively we aren't talking about notion but facts so your initial assertion is ambiguous and incorrect

does that means that your being an atheist automatically makes you an adherent of the theory of evolution?

Why will it not be a notion when you have not stated your stance clearly like Dalafruita does?

Should not what that should be term as the fact of your stance not come from you/the individual?

Till you state your stand clearly on this issue any deduction to that end remains a notion/an assumptions.

And one can work with that till otherwise stated by YOU.
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 28, 2013
Purist:

This one is sooooooooo common on Nairaland, especially the bolded! "Some prominent ex-atheist said so, therefore, it must be true of all atheists." Even more, "Richard Dawkins (Chris Hitchens, Sam Harris, et al) said this the other day, therefore, this is how atheists think."

Seriously?? undecided
Lol, lipsrsealed anyone?
Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, lipsrsealed anyone?

Enigma derailed this thread by proving Purists point. That guy has a penchant for quoting (or quote mining) one atheist to represent all atheist.

Purist:

This one is sooooooooo common on Nairaland, especially the bolded! "Some prominent ex-atheist said so, therefore, it must be true of all atheists." Even more, "Richard Dawkins (Chris Hitchens, Sam Harris, et al) said this the other day, therefore, this is how atheists think."

Seriously?

2 Likes

Re: The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists by Chiemeka30: 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
Philosophy and Religion Project Topics and Materials
Here are philosophy project topics with reports written to NUC standard.
Its just an A in your project waiting for you
click..
http://uniprojectsearch.com/philosophy-pro…pics-materials/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims: Victims Or Terrorists? / What Is Chrislam? ***Origins in Nigeria*** / What's Ur Favourite Xtian Worship Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.