Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,815 members, 7,872,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Things To Check When Buying A Tokumbo Used Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Things To Check When Buying A Tokumbo Used Car (1700 Views)

10 Things To Check When Buying A Second-hand Car / Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? / ***how To Check Automatic Transmission Before Buying A Used Car*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Check When Buying A Tokumbo Used Car by kellystech(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
When buying a tokumbo used car(expecially camry 97-2001), you check the engine perfomance, when u start d car u wait till water start comin out of d exhust( dats expecially in the morning) buh if dat hapens in d afternoon den u no d engine is in perfect condition, den next is to check for factory fitted items like AC, CD(dats for 99- 2002 models), you also check the front fendas( by knockin it as if ur knonking on a door dats to no if has been repainted b4)then next u check the radiator to know if it single or double cell(single cell is factory fitted) I will come bck with more smiley
Re: Things To Check When Buying A Tokumbo Used Car by baaliyah(m): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2012
I think next to engine is the gear then the lights on the dashboard. most camry in that generation have brake, ABS and CEL on. Dont forget the floor for water leaking into the car. Infact, 97-01 camry has alot of cons. Bad shocks and linkages etc
Re: Things To Check When Buying A Tokumbo Used Car by kellystech(m): 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
ba_aliyah: I think next to engine is the gear then the lights on the dashboard. most camry in that generation have brake, ABS and CEL on. Dont forget the floor for water leaking into the car. Infact, 97-01 camry has alot of cons. Bad shocks and linkages etc
yes ur right bro
Re: Things To Check When Buying A Tokumbo Used Car by alstacs(m): 5:05am On Nov 29, 2012
Talking about steam from the exhaust as an indicator of good engine combustion may not be reliable even in absence of smoke- that process is easily manipulated by some crooks who sell cars.
This is what one of them told a friend.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advise On Volkwagen Passat / P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 / Toyota Corella Sport Senior 2009 Clean Use Well Maintain First Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.