Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,835 members, 7,906,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 02:15 AM

What Is Osu And How Do I Know One When I See Him/her? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Osu And How Do I Know One When I See Him/her? (1658 Views)

Apart From The 'ring' How Else Can A Lay Man Know One That's Married / Igbos, Will You Marry An Osu? / The Superstition Of The Osu Cast System In Igbo Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Osu And How Do I Know One When I See Him/her? by shy1amy(f): 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2007
A very close friend of mine who has been dating an igbo guy for over 6 years now, infact they ve been engaged hoping to get married very soon, they traveled last week for introduction but my friend called me last night crying her eyes out on the phone, i even managed to hear what she was saying

Her fiance's people did not approve of the marriage, the guy's family said over their dead body will their son marry my friend (because they said shes an OSU) embarassed

My friend never knew she was an osu (thats if theres anything like that) shes going crazy over this issue because she and the guy are madly inlove, now they plan to run out of the country to get married and raise their own family.

I am confused and don't know what advise to give my friend for now because I don't know what OSU is and the implications it comes with.

Please my fellow Igbo Brothers and sisters, can anyone explain to me what OSU is, I leanrt its a traditional thing,how can you tell if someone is an OSU and most importantly what should be a Christian's view about this OSU thing please?
Re: What Is Osu And How Do I Know One When I See Him/her? by oziomatv(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2008
You can't know OSU by looking at him/her it's something history can tell.
I'm looking forward for the abolishing of the OSU cast.
It's against God and humanity.
We are IGBOS of one blood.
Re: What Is Osu And How Do I Know One When I See Him/her? by otele(m): 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2008
another osu thread . . .
. . hiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

(1) (Reply)

As A Nigerian Girl How Old Do You Have To Be To Get Married? / ‘Tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba ~ Azuka Onwuka / Dont Divide Yoruba – OPC Leader Gani Adams Cautions Benin Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.