Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,768 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

Why Do Married Men Cheat? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Married Men Cheat? (2872 Views)

Why Do Men Cheat??? / Why Do Married Men Masturbate? / Why Do Married Men Still Go About Chasing Other Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Married Men Cheat? by hotchamalah(m): 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
A female friend just asked me dis questions...Why would a married man with a beautiful,intelligent,smart,nice n a very productive wife,cheat?what do men really want?your kind opinion peeps.
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by galadima77(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
on a more candid note, av asked several colleagues of mine and frnds alike who r married and i keep gettn d same response. "U get tired of doing d same person over and over again"...yeah! Blunt but honest truth....from married men.

So i want opinions from married ladies, wether dey ever get bored wit doin same person as refered to above.
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by hotchamalah(m): 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2012
galadima77: on a more candid note, av asked several colleagues of mine and frnds alike who r married and i keep gettn d same response. "U get tired of doing d same person over and over again"...yeah! Blunt but honest truth....from married men.

So i want opinions from married ladies, wether dey ever get bored wit doin same person as refered to above.
Am sure the married women get bored too,but they have a lot at stake from their kids to what people will think and the fear of even thinking about it not to talk of doing it.I guess its a mans world.
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by claremont(m): 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2012
That's why being single is bliss. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by vivianc(f): 6:55am On Aug 26, 2012
There are no reasons men cheat...they just cheat especially those that don't have the fear of God. Then to the question of do ladies get bored with just one man? Well, I'm not married yet, so imo as a single lady, when I'm not in love with a guy I get bored of even talking to him let alone doing it over and over....but when I'm insanely in love with a guy the "doing" gets better by the day........... I think cheating has everything to do with the principles and habit u cultivated as a single lady/guy. A guy/lady that cheats when single will definitely cheat mean maRried. That wedding ring changes ur status but sure doesn't erase who you are!
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by rottenegg: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2012
I don't think it has anything to do with sex, money, boredom or physic. I think its just the bad attitude people cultivate while they go on with their lives. Just the same way people steal anytime they get the chance and feel they'll get away with it. Its just the way of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by hotchamalah(m): 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
vivian chinaza: There are no reasons men cheat...they just cheat especially those that don't have the fear of God. Then to the question of do ladies get bored with just one man? Well, I'm not married yet, so imo as a single lady, when I'm not in love with a guy I get bored of even talking to him let alone doing it over and over....but when I'm insanely in love with a guy the "doing" gets better by the day........... I think cheating has everything to do with the principles and habit u cultivated as a single lady/guy. A guy/lady that cheats when single will definitely cheat mean maRried. That wedding ring changes ur status but sure doesn't erase who you are!
you are right dear,but I believe a cheating husband will surely have a wife who would be tempted to cheat too,most cheating guys have no respect or even share emotions with dr wives,women have blood flowing through their veins too dey want to be desired,loved n respected if dey don't get it from dr man dey tend to look else where,only strong willed n God fearing women will stay put, keep been patient,tolerance,heartbroken n prayerfull.God help us.
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Mynd44: 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
Married men cheat cos they are cheats noting else. There is no reason for it, there is no excuse that can be given. They cheat cos they are not trust worthy
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
hotchamalah: A female friend just asked me dis questions...Why would a married man with a beautiful,intelligent,smart,nice n a very productive wife,cheat?what do men really want?your kind opinion peeps.

Beautiful, itelligent, smart, nice, still is not significant to some men.

Some have beautiful women at home but still fancy women with raw sex appeal which maybe their partners lack.

Some have beautiful women at home but maybe they ain't caring enough. They ain't good in the bedroom, they are not good cook the list goes on.

Or the mean reason, some are born cheats.

Whatever the reason, I don't support cheating.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Mynd44: 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2012
^^
Another reason they cheat is because they know their wife will forgive them if she finds out
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by hotchamalah(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mynd_44: ^^
Another reason they cheat is because they know their wife will forgive them if she finds out
wonder why our women r always at the receiving end
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Mynd44: 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
hotchamalah: wonder why our women r always at the receiving end
Because some women are just annoying. Why would your husband cheat, you find out and you still stick with him. It is not the main cause but a contributing factor

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by hotchamalah(m): 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mynd_44:
Because some women are just annoying. Why would your husband cheat, you find out and you still stick with him. It is not the main cause but a contributing factor
would you leave your partner for the above reason
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Mynd44: 9:21pm On Aug 26, 2012
If I have a spouse who cheats, she is gone the second I know
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Gudintent: 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
Same reason an unmarried man cheat

Cheating has nothing to do with your title.

It's in the genes.
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Mynd44: 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2012
Gudintent: Same reason an unmarried man cheat

Cheating has nothing to do with your title.

It's in the genes.
What genes? So because a father or mother cheats their offspring will? Dude think
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Mira20(f): 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hello my boyfrnd said when a man cheat on his wife it tends to make hime love d wife more.like if there love was 20% when he cheats on her it tends to grow to 80%

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Mynd44: 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mira20: Hello my boyfrnd said when a man cheat on his wife it tends to make hime love d wife more.like if there love was 20% when he cheats on her it tends to grow to 80%
You need to be careful with that BF of yours cos he seems to be telling you somethings
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by gloriana(f): 10:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
d no. 1 reason is sex. In d cos of my discusn wit som men,i discoverd dat most couples treat sex like a ritual wich must b fulfild. Dey dnt rily explore n njoy sex. D man goes 2 d woman at night 2 fulfil his marital duty while d woman lies down n alow d man access as d humble n obidient wife performin her wifly duty. Nobody want 2 b d bad guy instead d man prefers 2 do his adventure wit oda women n go as wild as he wants. Somtimes either 1 of d partners might b having sex related problem. Unhealthy sex life has bin d major cos of broken mariages after money n offsprings. I usualy recomend a particular suplement 2 dem after which u c dem smilin like a sophomor. Sex is ment 2 b enjoyd n nt endured.Somtimes dey fil dez no way out but cheatin.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by HarryPotter1(m): 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2012
simple n straigth answer,they r tired of eating the sme soup.chikena tongue cool
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by vivianc(f): 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
gloriana: d no. 1 reason is sex. In d cos of my discusn wit som men,i discoverd dat most couples treat sex like a ritual wich must b fulfild. Dey dnt rily explore n njoy sex. D man goes 2 d woman at night 2 fulfil his marital duty while d woman lies down n alow d man access as d humble n obidient wife performin her wifly duty. Nobody want 2 b d bad guy instead d man prefers 2 do his adventure wit oda women n go as wild as he wants. Somtimes either 1 of d partners might b having sex related problem. Unhealthy sex life has bin d major cos of broken mariages after money n offsprings. I usualy recomend a particular suplement 2 dem after which u c dem smilin like a sophomor. Sex is ment 2 b enjoyd n nt endured.Somtimes dey fil dez no way out but cheatin.

Sis I totally disagree with u.........with due respect u make it sounds as if we are talking about marriages or relationship of the 70s. Come on,,we are in 2012 and we know better about sex but we still cheat! Young guys in young marriages cheat, most times ladies too! Even if one of the partners is inexperienced there is room for learning new ideas, that is what people in love do! And imo I don't think ur partner's sexual skills has anything to do with how you connect during the act. There is no moral justification whatsoever for cheating. A cheating boyfriend or girlfriend grows into a cheating wife/husband cos u are simply a cheat and its no big deal to you anymore. When I made up my mind not to cheat no matter how unavailable my partner is I didn't do it for him, I took that decision for my own benefit cos once u start cheating there is no going back.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 27, 2012
because they are men.
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by sucezTP(f): 5:05am On Aug 27, 2012
vivian chinaza: There are no reasons men cheat...they just cheat especially those that don't have the fear of God. Then to the question of do ladies get bored with just one man? Well, I'm not married yet, so imo as a single lady, when I'm not in love with a guy I get bored of even talking to him let alone doing it over and over....but when I'm insanely in love with a guy the "doing" gets better by the day........... I think cheating has everything to do with the principles and habit u cultivated as a single lady/guy. A guy/lady that cheats when single will definitely cheat mean maRried. That wedding ring changes ur status but sure doesn't erase who you are!
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by sucezTP(f): 5:15am On Aug 27, 2012
Harry Potter: simple n straigth answer,they r tired of eating the sme soup.chikena tongue cool

And if this is right, now why will a man who knew he might get tired of eating the same soup, get married in the first place?
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by saintvc(m): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2012
Men lyk new and excitin tins. VARIETY IS D SPICE OF LIFE
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by galadima77(m): 9:56am On Aug 27, 2012
so many points i quite disagree wit here. First, that once u start cheating from pre-marriage, it continues...this isnt always true. Secondly, that its not always about the sex...thats another gruesome lie...cheating for men is always about sex and the fun it brings along...especially if u av a wife who feels cos she's already ur wife, then there's no need to always make herself attractive to u.

For what it is worth, the best way to contain a cheating man is not to fight him abt it. Pray over it and often make jest of him abt it...be careful hw u tackle dis esp if u truly luv him.

U should start worrying much wen his attention at home starts withdrawing...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by frank317: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2012
Well as apsychologist I found out that the problem lies in the diference in the average man and womn's sexuall orientation.
Here are d differences:
The man see sex as a mean of satisfaction like hunger, its is not sometin emotional to them. They have sex becaus they want to feed a sexual appatite. This is why majority of men can sleep wit any girl and foget her name, no emotions attached. I always tell women "your husband haves sex with u not because he loves u but because he just want to satify his sexual urge. Bt he buys gift for u and do other loveable tin because he loves u.

Now for d women: the average woman sees sex as sometin emotional. She wants to b attached to de one she haves sex with. And so when a woman wants to satisfy he sexual hunger she does so with only the one she loves or de one she is convinced loves her, she jst does not give it to anyone just like de man does. Even if she has 2 or 3 guys she works on her emotions to believe she loves them ot they love her. Now don't get me wrong we have women who are different I.e prostitute or runs
girls bt who will call such girl an ideal woman anyway.

Now if u ask why men cheat take ur time and understand their sexual orientation. Most time they don't feel they are actually hurtin d woman they love since they have no emotions for the one they cheat on her with. They get awy with it without feelin guilty and hence it could happen over and over again. But when a woman cheats she knows she gave her heart to the one she cheated on her lover with or she knows she is a slot who slept with d man for money and hence they guilt and blame. And that is why d man reacts more when his wife cheat than wen ne does, because he knows tht for his wife to cheat on him wit another she had either given her heart to him or she is a slut for money and material tins.

This is just my own thinkin though I hope it makes sense.
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by Exponental(m): 10:07am On Aug 27, 2012
I think some married men cheat cos of their wives attitude after marriage, some will want to balance those deficiencies in d wife while some cheat cos they love to explore.
NB: Not all couples that appear happy smell happiness.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by hotchamalah(m): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
Mira20: Hello my boyfrnd said when a man cheat on his wife it tends to make hime love d wife more.like if there love was 20% when he cheats on her it tends to grow to 80%
your boyfriend is lying to you,beware!!!
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by hotchamalah(m): 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2012
gloriana: d no. 1 reason is sex. In d cos of my discusn wit som men,i discoverd dat most couples treat sex like a ritual wich must b fulfild. Dey dnt rily explore n njoy sex. D man goes 2 d woman at night 2 fulfil his marital duty while d woman lies down n alow d man access as d humble n obidient wife performin her wifly duty. Nobody want 2 b d bad guy instead d man prefers 2 do his adventure wit oda women n go as wild as he wants. Somtimes either 1 of d partners might b having sex related problem. Unhealthy sex life has bin d major cos of broken mariages after money n offsprings. I usualy recomend a particular suplement 2 dem after which u c dem smilin like a sophomor. Sex is ment 2 b enjoyd n nt endured.Somtimes dey fil dez no way out but cheatin.
I believe some men have dr fault too dey have sex with dr wives rather dan make love to her no romance dey just pull her have rough n boring sex with her dey don't even bother if d woman comes,a friend of mine says she only have sex with her husband when she wants to feel pain cos dats wot she get when she makes loves to him.
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by gloriana(f): 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Sis I totally disagree with u.........with due respect u make it sounds as if we are talking about marriages or relationship of the 70s. Come on,,we are in 2012 and we know better about sex but we still cheat! Young guys in young marriages cheat, most times ladies too! Even if one of the partners is inexperienced there is room for learning new ideas, that is what people in love do! And imo I don't think ur partner's sexual skills has anything to do with how you connect during the act. There is no moral justification whatsoever for cheating. A cheating boyfriend or girlfriend grows into a cheating wife/husband cos u are simply a cheat and its no big deal to you anymore. When I made up my mind not to cheat no matter how unavailable my partner is I didn't do it for him, I took that decision for my own benefit cos once u start cheating there is no going back.
of cos ur partners sexual skills have alot to do wit it. a friend of mine alway come 2 me unhappy, y? every time she had sex wit husband he is always asking her for terrible sex styles like dog still n d rest which she complaind is very painful. cos of this d husband prefers to go out n cheat on her. he is spose to help her n not cheat on her. she doesnt know these things b4 marriage, he can teach her these things gently, watch pono films wit her n even help her get good nutritional supplement that will boost her.
Re: Why Do Married Men Cheat? by mspookie: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
oliver twist was a man,innit? thats wat all men are ...oliver!!! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Someone Know That You Love Him/her / She Is Asking Me The Reasons Why I Said I Love Her / Has This Happened To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.