Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,154 members, 7,896,907 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:17 AM

Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu (24421 Views)

Photos Of Buhari At A Meeting With Parents Of Chibok Girls Today / 60 Parents Of Chibok Girls Detained By Nigerian Army - BBOG / Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by daywatcher: 11:27am On Aug 26, 2012
I wonder if Mark Zuckaberg is aware of this
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by proudlyafrican(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2012
RIP Cynthia....You were just at the wrong place with the wrong people for a good course of transacting business as the newspapers reported.It is no fault of yours,whether you are a runs girl or the fact that you threw caution to the wind does not give your killers the right to murder you gruesomely as they did. You will surely and always be remembered even by those who murdered you.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Moralistli(m): 11:34am On Aug 26, 2012
People never learn from other people's mistakes.

Don't generalize, some do learnt from others mistakes...

RIP girl...
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by crackhouse(m): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2012
I am gonna make this my favourite Quote.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by wamby(m): 11:51am On Aug 26, 2012
its very pathetic on the incident dat befalled on the generals daughter, ThankGod the culprits are cut and will be brought to justice and ur position in the society, you will be able to seek justice in our court of law, our law will surely nail them with maximum punishment to serve as a deterant to other miscrants in our society..Your daughter didn't die in vain....so many have gone like dat, but your daughter paid a supreme price to this social network menace.....,God has already given you the fortitude to bear this irreplacable loss as u say 'is a big learn lesson for our youths', i respect u alot with ur lion heart to make dz pronoucement.
Adieu cynthia, may ur gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by finguy(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2012
the internet is full of perverts and prostitutes. not surprised at all
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by publisher(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
There's nothing wrong in online dating,the only thing is that whenever u decide to meet ur partners physically,pre cautions must be taken.
I.e: Ladies,if u must see ur online love,ensure HE is the one that comes over to visit u. When he does come, introduce him to family and friends. If u must go visit him, let ur first few meetings be at a very public place.

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by ceejay80s(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2012
It has happened, there's no reverse, what i want to know now is how these 2 B.A.STARDS will die? have u seen dis movie "THE TOTURED" ,dat is how dey should die, even both parents should be executed and their entire families and also their neighbours and friends. I wish i was the magistrate, dem for hear am
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by sage2(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
I can bet some girls are hopping the next flight(or bus) even now as we comment to go and meet some strangers in some strange places. Humans, by nature, could sometimes be stubborn and irrational in their thinking. Meanwhile, Cynthia did nothing wrong by trusting people. Sometimes we need to dare. Those cowards who betrayed her trust are the losers here. Rest in peace, Cynthia.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by AustinX(m): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
oyb: http://lindaikeji..com/2012/08/it-is-stupid-to-travel-to-go-meet.html

It is stupid to travel to go meet someone you've only been chatting with on social media- Cynthia's dad

http://lindaikeji..com/2012/08/cynthias-killers-demanded-n20million-mum.html

Cynthia's killers demanded N20million - Mum

this girl is someone I know too well, she is a very loving
Person and a caring one also.I can't help but shade tears. We in ecwa staff,farin daga jos. We miss u a lot.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by waja(m): 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
ebamma: rest in peace cynthia,rest in peace facebook,long life to nairaland and twitter
. U make sence.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by GenOrumov: 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
After reading her parents interview, i now realise that i have seen her in flesh before 2 years ago. I was part of the Batch 'B' set that served in Plateau state in 2010 and i recall that she was in that orientation camp likewise myself. Though she never slept on camp but she was always coming from home because she lived in Jos. She was pretty and she seemed like a big girl because of the people she moved with. She was rarely in the company of females (average girls would'nt like her because she appeared to be way above ordinary girls league and even hers too). I met her severally at Mammy market (but i never spoke to her) smoking and drinking in the company of guys (i do remember some names but i won't mention any) which is not bad considering the fact that i was also there to fill my own belly with my favorite bottle of 'STAR'. She contested for Miss Nysc in camp but contrary to what her mum said that she won, she didn't win but ended up as 1st or 2nd runner up (though she had everything required to win that contest but i don't know why she didn't win). The winner was a girl from Rivers (not sure but i guess i am correct) of which in my opinion and majority of us on that camp, she didn't deserve it (she wasn't the most goodlooking, tallest e.t.c) though i guess the judges used some other requirement not considered by us. After orientation camp, i saw her just once again when i was searching for placement at ITF along Miango Road in Jos South. She was driving a different car from the one she used to drive to camp (at that time, we heard that it was given to her by her father a General for the successful completion of orientation camp). That was the last time i saw her. Even when the news broke out, i didn't know it was her until i read her Father's interview. Its funny that there are people we don't know but who know us. She didn't know me but i knew her. We should learn alot of lessons from what happened to her. We should be conscious of our surroundings at all times and we should be cautious of where we meet people we just met either for a date or business meeting.

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Fostercat(m): 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ladies are born without ears....if u know what I mean
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by GenOrumov: 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
I remember a case of mine too. I travelled to Abuja to visit my girlfriend who stays in Abuja whom i met in Jos during my service year. I didn't tell a soul (not even my folks nor friends) i was going to Abuja. I feigned sickness at work on Thursday so that i could skip work on Friday and on Friday, i was on a plane heading to Abuja. The lady that sat beside me (was probably in her early 30s) and chatted me up (she claimed she was engaged to a man i believe was old enough to be her father, had a 10 year old child, claimed that she had shops in Lagos, Abuja and Kogi, said she just bought the latest Honda CRV and she even asked me to suggest names for her customised plate number). We had a good conversation and when the plane touched down in Abuja she warned me that on a normal day she wouldn't have spoken to me considering that she was a big girl. At the end of the conversation she invited me to her uncle's wedding and went ahead to scribble her number on a piece of paper and asked me to call her. SHE SAID SHE WAS EVEN GOING TO LODGE ME IN AN HOTEL that i should just call her. Everything happened just under 1hr and 20 mins and i was left wondering what could she possibly want from me ( i didn't tell her about any business proposal, i don't have a 6 pack nor am i muscular. Im just 5'8 inches tall, weigh 65kg though ladies say im cute but i always disagree because i think there is nothing special about my face and i wasn't in no way dressed as Wiz Kid) because at first sight there wasn't anything special about me. Though i ended up not calling her because i couldn't decipher her motive but i guess it was to make me a boy toy. And if it was for ritual killing, assuming i hooked up with her, i guess i will be dead too like Cynthia. Please lets be carefully how and where we meet people.

3 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by luq4u(m): 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2012
It is better imagine than experience. The message is clare for fun seeker/adventurers if you dont want to be victim beware. Sugbon aja tio sonu konigbo fere olode. R I P Cynthia
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by perfectcrush(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
Brave... RIP cynthia
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
If I may add to the general's assertion: if you are meeting anyone for the first time please please ensure your first few meetings are in an open place. You also want to make sure you don't stay out late with that person.

Naija babes make una hear
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Borat1: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
ebamma: if you see a woman who loves facebook,there are two things involved,its either she is looking for a husband or looking for a for a mugu,if she is looking for a husband she is safe,but if she is looking for a mugu there are two things involved,its either mugu go pay or mugu go kill am,if mugu pay she is safe,but if mugu kill am there are two things involved,its either she goes to heaven or goes to hell,if she goes to heaven she is safe,but if she goes to hell,there is only one thing involved,she is doomed

So how will she go to heaven if she is looking for a mugu?
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by lumeneng22: 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
The heart of the present day igbo boys is derately wicked.They rape, pregnant and reject,kill innocent young girls.Only last december one girl was burry alive in a shop @ alaba international mkt on a sunday when pple are surpose to be worshiping God.This singular action would have led to the indefinate closure of the mkt and ohaneze ndigbo be call to order.But the governor will rather sidon look in this circumstance.The evil doer may have regain his freedom now to go and kill more.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Sxsells: 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
I just met this rich dude online and I'm so meeting him...
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Fostercat(m): 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
Quote from omo ibo:f I may add to the general's assertion: if you are meeting anyone for the first time please please ensure your first few meetings are in an open place. You also want to make sure you don't stay out late with that person.

'Naija babes make una hear'

U r very funny! How can some one who does not have ear, hear?
Naija girls no dey hear...either mugu pay or they find themselves on a ritualist table.a word is enuf
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by flexdee(m): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
What a pathetic story...RIP Cynthia.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
Well, after this ordeal I'd like to believe that any girl with a mindset of cynthia would have a rethink
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by abiamahart: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
Once a General always a General
We salute your courage

For Cynthia RIP

Those villains are lucky the police picked them first.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Dubemkelly(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
Its always easy 2 apportion blames on victims of certain incidents wen infact we wud hv done worse dan dat,ur conscience comes 2 reality wen sth has happned. It takes a day nd an occasion 2 meet wit a nu frnd u hvnt met nd Cynthia dd as every other gurl cud hv done ignorant of wat d show wud turn out 2 be, dey hv chatted, known each oda as frnds online nd had scheduled 2 meet physically n she herself wished 2 buy da stuffs dey had brought....The warning here shud be 4 gurlz 2 be mindful nd don't be carried away,d hotel meeting on a date,hving a date wit sum1 in his bedroom, I advise dates shud be held in an open plce nd @godly hours.....A frnd of mine once met a guy via 2go nd d guy claimed he was in one of d hotels in my hood n wud lik 2 make out b4 he travels 2 Ghana,dt frnd of mine intimated me n I called her bck 2 senses by asking if she was a street stripper 2 hv seen such reasonable,d guy deleted her immediately she said NO 2 his request,only God knew wat wud hv hpned if she had gone cos d guy was too desperate n of d view dat 30mins wud mk him reach orgasm....Gurls be wise 4 once nd don't get distracted by material things
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Fostercat(m): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
S*x sells:

Ur names says it all.so we r not surprise...Ashewo no be work.get a life
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Fostercat(m): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
S*x sells:

Ur names says it all.so we r not surprised...Ashewo no be work.get a life

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Azumy(f): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
babarazy: i hope dis wont discourage my facebook love frm coming to see me.
lol infact dis has spoiled many shows.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by pezzyM(f): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
Girls learn from this. This story reminds of my friend's BF who disappeared with a huge sum of money which he stole from the GF's house. The place the GF call his house was a cheap motel. Facebook harbors serial killers and kidnappers.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Cuddlemii: 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
I want to enlighten us on some security measures we can take in the future.

Before Departure: If you are visiting an unknown/known men, make sure you inform four of your friends/cousins/family members that you are going on a trip. Provide the Location, Name/phone number of the guy(s), Facebook/Forum account & images, the duration you are spending there. Tell them you would update them if there is an extension in your stay, inform them that after the stipulated time you ought to spend elapses and no word is heard from you, they should get worried.

Upon Arrival: Inform the men that you have told 6 people where you are going and given all their details to them for security reasons. When you get to any location, text the address of the place or name to your friends. Also update the men that you have told your family where you are. If you are moved to another location again, update your friends. IF the men have hidden agendas, they probably would be irritated by now and get rid of you for being a liability or at least be conscious and considerate with whatever they want to do to you.

I know babes like being secretive & coded with their waka but when it involves strangers in another state, you had better inform reliable hands that can get you justice if it ever deteriorate to this level. Assuming there was no camera in the hotel or the men did not call the hotel back, how would they have traced the men? The information the babe provided to friends/cousins would have gone a long way.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by crisycent: 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
I am not judging the poor late girl....but mehn! Common sense will suggest that this girl and her killers MUST have had conversation(s) that suggests "SEX" or something of that nature for her to willingly go and meet these strange killers in a hotel. Her profile picture on facebook has a picture that i believe was taken in a "HOTEL". She has over 1000 friends on facebook....hmmm! These little evidence points a finger at her personality......again, i am not judging.

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
Cuddlemii: I want to enlighten us on some security measures we can take in the future.

Before Departure: If you are visiting an unknown/known men, make sure you inform four of your friends/cousins/family members that you are going on a trip. Provide the Location, Name/phone number of the guy(s), Facebook/Forum account & images, the duration you are spending there. Tell them you would update them if there is an extension in your stay, inform them that after the stipulated time you ought to spend elapses and no word is heard from you, they should get worried.

Upon Arrival: Inform the men that you have told 6 people where you are going and given all their details to them for security reasons. When you get to any location, text the address of the place or name to your friends. Also update the men that you have told your family where you are. If you are moved to another location again, update your friends. IF the men have hidden agendas, they probably would be irritated by now and get rid of you for being a liability or at least be conscious and considerate with whatever they want to do to you.

I know babes like being secretive & coded with their waka but when it involves strangers in another state, you had better inform reliable hands that can get you justice if it ever deteriorate to this level. Assuming there was no camera in the hotel or the men did not call the hotel back, how would they have traced the men? The information the babe provided to friends/cousins would have gone a long way.

if you are doing runs its only your friends you can tell and the friends will not come forward - they will be tagged as the bad friends who led the girl down that path

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Falana Knocks Obasanjo, Attacks Jonathan / Looters' List: Secondus Threatens To Sue Lai Mohammed / EFCC Arrests Uzoho Casmir, Imo Accountant, Accuses Okorocha Of Diverting N1bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.