Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,371 members, 7,950,773 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest (24115 Views)

Iweala’s Latest Jobs Raise Concern Over Abuse Of Office And Conflict Of Interest / Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Demdem(m): 8:27am On Aug 29, 2012
agent22: This shows us that Igbo people are people of proven integrity. In the history of Nigeria which public office holders have voluntary resign? Only Dora Akunyili, Okonjo Iweala and now Nnaji

Fixed cool
That woman is a liar. Hope u have not forgotten her subsidy lies, Its phenomenal.

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by ichidodo: 8:27am On Aug 29, 2012
sw:

Obviously, you are tribalistic with ur reply, you are so senseless and dull, all d 3 people you named resigned for selfish interest. Fool.
then u must b reasonin wit ure arse. better a selfish interest dat does not put anybody in danger than to to put all my children, grand-children and relatives in d coridors of power.
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by ujchief(m): 8:31am On Aug 29, 2012
onyewec3:
Jst listen to yourself fool.if ur dad is poor doesn't make others alike.prof barth nnaji has nt held any govt position b4...even if he has,go and read his profile then you will know where he was coming from.......3 pple who have resigned b4...dora akunyili,ngozi okonjo iweala,now barth nnaji(all igbos).....why r all d corrupt hausas n yoruba neva resigned b4.....
now u've lead us to another tribal war! Must we play this card all times?
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by sheyguy: 8:31am On Aug 29, 2012
werepeLeri: Nnaji said he had met with the president Tuesday afternoon, during which he (president) informed him (Nnaji) that he was using his company as a proxy to buy shares on behalf of the president in Afam power station through the privatisation process.

Haba.

I wonder how our cyber-defence lawyers managed to miss that part.
On interesting thing here is how it pitches a Corrupt SSner against a more Corrupt SEner . . . I Swear, Corruption Dey Learn From Corruption.
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by exbash: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2012
sw: Where did he get the money to buy the power station? He should be probed and prosecuted.
Rogues.

He had those companies before he became minister, y dont u do ur research.....

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by maigaskiya1: 8:34am On Aug 29, 2012
sw: Where did he get the money to buy the power station? He should be probed and prosecuted.
Rogues.
barth nnaji is an ameri2n based prof of robotic enginering hs one of the owners of general electric based in d states.he built a 145mw station at aba.so dnt ask dat sily questn

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 29, 2012
Plz somebody should tell the minister of science and tech. to resign too. Since he became minister, all he is been doing is collect money from DGs of agencies under his watch.

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by frederal(m): 8:36am On Aug 29, 2012
Rogues.
He has †̥hα̲̅†̥ before he was made a minister. For ur information

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by ektbear: 8:36am On Aug 29, 2012
I didn't realize that the man is so corrupt.

If no one had made noise about it, I doubt that he would have resigned.

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by ifeci: 8:38am On Aug 29, 2012
u will be d biggest fool if u blv these guys, the guy jst resigns like that, the president jst accepts it like that without hesistation!! there is more to it than wot the story says.
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by odizzy: 8:39am On Aug 29, 2012
juliebest: abi o o stable power is what Nigerians want.

But wait, can we a good or better replacement for Prof. Nnaji?
my bro how can we have a stable light when our senate president is among those importing generators into the country, will he also resign? Cos it is when he(david mark) resigns that our power issue will be solved
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by maasoap(m): 8:40am On Aug 29, 2012
You're a loser and a thief, Nnaji. You removed 150naira maintenance fees only for you to replace it with 500naira fixed charge. After increasing per unit charge from 7.30 to 12.30 for R2 consumers. Mind you, there are no R1 consumers anywhere. I only have electricity supply 8hours a day, yet I'm made to pay 500naira monthly without any justification. To HELL with Nnaji.
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by ifihearam: 8:41am On Aug 29, 2012
I know the president will never disappoint me.....good move ur excellency
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by ifihearam: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2012
ifeci: u will be d biggest fool if u blv these guys, the guy jst resigns like that, the president jst accepts it like that without hesistation!! there is more to it than wot the story says.

Ode. Na everybody be like una?
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by doctokwus: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2012
I don't blv Bath was dat gud a minister,but he must be commended 4 having brought it to d president's notice 2 wks earlier of his interest in dose firms.All those hailing GEJ shd ask themselves y he wasn't forced 2 resign den,y now,I suspect d main "conflict of interest" cud av bn in him not involving others in d expected windfall frm d power sector or perception of short changing dem.
If conflict of interest was of any import in dis govt,what happened wen sons of PDP big wigs were reaping d nation dry,av dem bn asked to resign,has anything happened to d aviation& petroleum ministers who clearly av bn part of d subsidy largesse& interest in concerns wt dealings wt d FG& several other ministers& govt officials.
If all those wt conflict of interest are to be told to leave,den dis govt might not evn b in existence.Some cases are evn worse& nauseating dat they use fronts without evn disclosing to anybody their interest in such firms.
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Built2last: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2012
Namadi Sambo should resign too, After all, his company Manyatta Engineering is also bidding.Barth Nnaji is just a man who has built a pedigree that will never want it to be dragged to the mud.
He resigned honourably, thats not a familiar word with Nigerian politicians.

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Charlesnerd: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2012
mai gaskiya: barth nnaji is an ameri2n based prof of robotic enginering hs one of the owners of general electric based in d states.he built a 145mw station at aba.so dnt ask dat sily questn

Please lets check our facts before we type,Barth Nnaji does not have a major stake in GE,he could be a minor shareholder just like every small investor,but not as much to deserve such honorable mention.
@TOPIC

Barth did a very good job,and if he resigned voluntarily to take up his former position in his old company,I would say its a very good move.I think he has done the major groundwork in the privatisation process.I wish him the best of luck!
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by anitank(f): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2012
I hope his actions won't be in vain.
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by itiswell1(m): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2012
i dont know if prof Nnaji is a sinner or a saint,all i know is that there was a time i could hardly boast of 2hrs stable electricity supply in my house for a week, but now i can boast of 23hrs constant/stable supply in a day.

3 Likes

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by fuke(m): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2012
This president has shot himself in the foot again.

I can bet he buckled under pressure of the economic leeches
Who do not want their power revolution to succeed.

Where has he suddenly gotten the spine?

This guy has told you of his interest in this companies weeks ago.
The best is to ask him to either resign or ask his company to withdraw.
To have treated him this way if treacherous.

Now their best man is gone. what will they do now?

Light as gone, darkness is inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Ebinisto(m): 8:46am On Aug 29, 2012
They could not have been any better opportunity for him(prof. Barth Nnaji) to queue in to the potentials of running his own company. U wise, man. But remember to employ Engr.like us when it finally clicks.
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Demdem(m): 8:47am On Aug 29, 2012
Built2last: Namadi Sambo should resign too, After all, his company Manyatta Engineering is also bidding.[/b]Barth Nnaji is just a man who has built a pedigree that will never want it to be dragged to the mud.
He resigned honourably, thats not a familiar word with Nigerian politicians.

[b]Another conflict of Interest shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Slyp: 8:51am On Aug 29, 2012
[quote author=oxford]

What 'huge corruption allegation' against Allison are you talking about. can u put it here in black and white, lets verify? No fight, just facts.[/quot]

Very good question
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by sheyguy: 8:51am On Aug 29, 2012
Let everybody Bear im Papa Name oh! . . . Igbo corruption Versus Ijaw brother Today we go know where the Brotherhood End and where Manhood start! . . . Resignation does not conote a good Manhood!
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by lafile(m): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2012
Don't read this on the surface. There's more to this than meets the eye. So Prof. Nnaji resigned because of conflict of interest. Reports said he had interests in companies bidding for power installations. Really. Someone tell me this is breaking news. I knew about his interests in these companies a while back. It was reported on 'The Panel' a program on Nigeria Info FM, Lagos. The govt. knew about this all along, even before they appointed him. Why is it becoming an issue now? What has suddenly changed in the status quo to warrant his resignation? Whose interest is suddenly conflicted with that of Nnaji that is bringing this old news to a head?

And if the govt is truly against 'Conflict of Interest' issues, why do we have so many conflicted individuals in the executive arm of govt? WHY IS DIEZANI ALLISON MADUEKE STILL IN GOVT
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Guk: 8:55am On Aug 29, 2012
(1) Prof Barth Nnaji is excellent professional in his field

(2) As most technical people are not astute business people, Prof Barth Nnaji was unable to run his company profitably and the company nearly went bankrupt a couple of years ago. They were heavily exposed to Nigerian banks with unpayable bad debts that AMCON had to bail them out.

(3)I cant consider this resignation honourable because he should not have been there in the first place as it was conflict of interest from the word go and should nevr have accepted appointment as Special Adviser to the President on Power when he was owner in a company heavily involved in Power contracts in Nigeria.

(4) One day sha, our President will learn from his ineptitude. He should never have offered Barth Nnaji a post in his govt as Special Adviser and then Minister when he knew he had ownership of a company involved in Power contracts, so all this one of accepting resignation is mere grandstanding and playing to the gallery.

Barth Nnaji, i wish you success in your future endeavours as i salute your bravery and doggedness in taking the Power reform up to this point with all the minefields around you
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by gomentii(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2012
So sad. Barely 24hrs he resigned,d light is no longer stable...na wao!
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by ujchief(m): 8:57am On Aug 29, 2012
ifeci: u will be d biggest fool if u blv these guys, the guy jst resigns like that, the president jst accepts it like that without hesistation!! there is more to it than wot the story says.
its plain and simple. After the privatization process, a minister for power becomes less relevant, as the ministry is without portfolio. Its called 'foresight'. He had 2 options, retract the bid or resign, he chose the later. Its called 'wisdom'. An ideal Nigerian politician will use wuruwuru and tender the bid with an anonymous company, but he used his well known Geometric, thats called 'Transparency'

1 Like

Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 29, 2012
Acidosis: All I want is stable power.
at what cost?
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Nightshift(m): 9:03am On Aug 29, 2012
Geo-political power game: Nnaji is a tested and experienced man in the industry , who is also interested in playing a role in the South eastern power companies . He knows that the only way the east will attract investments and industrialise is if there is a power company that is ready to give easterners a competitive global service. My fear is that with his exist , the fate of Ndigbo's industrial quest might depend on proxy companies with ethnic motives to frustrate , or sabotage the desire of easterners . If the Enugu power company bids are mishandled , or giving to incompetent company we must reject it. The power companies are likely to be a tool that could be used in Nigeria's dirty ethnic politics . On a global level , when Russia's Gazprom snizzes, Europeans catch cold. The present power privatization is the most fundamental reform in Nigerian history . It will definitely determine to a large extent , the future of the country . Forget NNPC, this is where the real power is. Well, for Nnaji, he has made history : under him Nigeria saw the light , but for how long will that light stay on? That is the trillion dollar question ....
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by fulfillment2020(m): 9:07am On Aug 29, 2012
I commend Prof for his achievement n improvement during his short period as Power Minister. Its a smart move to resign as a minister(short term) and bid for the privatisation exercise(long term). Afterall if he succeeds in the bid, he will reap the fruit forever. Business is business. Kudos prof.
Re: Why Barth Nnaji Resigned: Conflict Of Interest by Vergil: 9:08am On Aug 29, 2012
U lot are funny. Surely what he did was wrong. He is in a position of government, yet bidding. Cmon, he knows its wrong, yet he did it. So, he's obviously doing what's inevitable.
Its probably part of the competitors that found out and forced him to resign or threatened to use it as blackmail.
And u all going hunky dory!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IPOB Member Handcuffed In His Community In Ebonyi. Photos / Massive Crowd As PDP Campaign In Tofa Local Government, Kano-photos / Fayemi: I Eat Booli And Agbado More Than Fayose But Not On The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.