Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,616 members, 7,941,365 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:10 AM

OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 (10109 Views)

Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust / OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007. / OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by S2kluv: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2012
He is right but nw wit d role he played 4 GEJ to become the president. He has used his own hand to turn upside down everything he think he has done.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by elRoi: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2012
OBJ, Yar'dua and GEJ...all of them don do well! different people with different initiative, all aimed at taking Nigeria to a higher ground
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
bastard, the evil you have done is flourishing after your exit

ode
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by plaetton: 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
Obasanjo inherited a broken down and fallen house. He spent 8 yrs trying to clear the debris and trying to erect new pillars for rebuilding a nation.
whilest he was doing that, most of you, the mindless plebians, instead of helping him,were jeering and booing him because he did not wave a magic wand to put amala on your table to feed your lazy bottoms.

After trying unsuccessfully to stay beyond 8 yrs, he gave the baton of leadership to Yaradua,a sick man who whose weakness allowed his cronies, to once again, destroy, in 3 yrs, the very foundations and pillars that OBJ had erected to sustain the New Nigeria.

Yaradua, like others before him, took the fate of 150 million Nigerians back to his wife's kitchen, where it remained untill Jonathan found his ba.lls (Thanks to the amazon lady Dora Akinyuli) and retrieved our collective fate from Turai's kitchen.

So we were back to square one.
Its deja vu all over gain.

Mindless Mo.rons.
Your memories are soooo short.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by olivertwist: 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
Shut your big trap Mr. Foolish man. You destroyed all what could have been your greatest achievements as a president, the day you impose the sick Yaradua & incompetent GEJ on us, all for your selfish reasons.

I hope you are happy and smiling and 'dey kampe' with all what is happening in the country, 95% of which is caused by you.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by agog: 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
Obasanjo is still the man any day! He may not be a saint, yes, but no human can be! But truth be told, he achieved laudable feats. Corruption was kept at bay to a bearest minimum during his tenure. He surrounded himself with the best brains in the likes of Frank Nweke Jnr, Iweala, Ezekwezeli, Ribadu etc, etc. His administration fought corruption with EFCC, ICPC which he established. Some people accused him of selective fights against his enemies, but those people he 'fought', are they not Nigeria enemies? Moreso,non of those people has come out to prove their innocency of the charges levied against them. If the present administration can also do a bit of this, then we will be happy. Today officals steal with impunity.
May God keep Nigeria together.

3 Likes

Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Baba is right to some extent there. He gave us that hope and Nigeria was no longer treated as a pariah nation by the rest of the International community.

Even our Exchange rate significantly improved.

However, having said that, to me the greatest achievement of a leader will be the quality of the successor he passed the baton to (and please save yourself the hypocritical talk that OBJ didn't follow us to the polling boot to thumb print for these guys).

On that count he failed woefully...where he scored 10% on the successor score card, BAT scored almost 100%
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by dasparrow: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
@Post

OBJ is telling the truth though. I remember reading that all our debts had been paid off in full during OBJ's tenure as president of Nigeria. So this is not about OBJ trying to blow his own trumpet. He is just stating facts. At the moment, Nigeria has accumulated huge amounts of debts again and corruption is at an all time high. I don't like GEJ's administration. I prefer OBJ's administration abeg.

1 Like

Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by taharqa: 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
chucky234: **2007**
Foreign reserve = $45bn
Domestic debt = $00.00
Excess crude A/c = $35bn
**2012**
Foreign reserve = $8bn
Domestic debt = N6.21tn
Excess crude A/c = $00.00
We are making progress,kudos GEJ and co.
I dont kw why u re a consistent lier; cant you seem to mk an argument witout ranting or using very incorrect data. When Obj left d Foreign Reserves was more dan $50billion, which Yar'adua began to draw down towards d 30's cos of d demands of d governors, d global economic crisis and d CBN determinatn to 'defend' d naira. This trend continued in d early days of GEJ but has bn reversed now cos d Foreign Reserves has dis month gone pass $40billion up 4rm $32billion early dis yr, and on its way to reaching or even surpassing d $50billion mark set by d Finance Minister by d end of d yr(where u got yr $8billion is known to u alone). Just ysterday, d very important and investment-savvy Sovereign Wealth Fund(SWF) to smartly manage part of our savings and target huge investments like oda OPEC coun3 like UAE does- dis was done ova d huge opposition of d governors.. On debts, Obj reducd Foreign Component and nt d Local one which actuali increasd(so where u got d $0 figure is also only known to u). Yar'adua nd Gej has indeed increased d Local debt and 4 smone like me dat is very suspicious of debts generally d rate at which it is increasing is troubling and needs to be reind in by d Federal, State and sm Private cops; d Foreign Debt has only slightly increasd. However, every economy borrows, furdamore, 9ja's GDP/Debt ratio is still significantly below d 40% global threshold, though like I said d rate of increase in Local debt shld be decreasd.... Stop manufacturing data to mk arguments, you end up looking silly
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Cupidkc(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
Temistatics 007: Lol at 'the rain has come and cleared everything'
my question is who is the 'rain'?
I second!
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
taharqa: I dont kw why u re a consistent lier; cant you seem to mk an argument witout ranting or using very incorrect data. When Obj left d Foreign Reserves was more dan $50billion, which Yar'adua began to draw down towards d 30's cos of d demands of d governors, d global economic crisis and d CBN determinatn to 'defend' d naira. This trend continued in d early days of GEJ but has bn reversed now cos d Foreign Reserves has dis month gone pass $40billion up 4rm $32billion early dis yr, and on its way to reaching or even surpassing d $50billion mark set by d Finance Minister by d end of d yr(where u got yr $8billion is known to u alone). Just ysterday, d very important and investment-savvy Sovereign Wealth Fund(SWF) to smartly manage part of our savings and target huge investments like oda OPEC coun3 like UAE does- dis was done ova d huge opposition of d governors.. On debts, Obj reducd Foreign Component and nt d Local one which actuali increasd(so where u got d $0 figure is also only known to u). Yar'adua nd Gej has indeed increased d Local debt and 4 smone like me dat is very suspicious of debts generally d rate at which it is increasing is troubling and needs to be reind in by d Federal, State and sm Private cops; d Foreign Debt has only slightly increasd. However, every economy borrows, furdamore, 9ja's GDP/Debt ratio is still significantly below d 40% global threshold, though like I said d rate of increase in Local debt shld be decreasd.... Stop manufacturing data to mk arguments, you end up looking silly

Read him very well...I think you are the one not getting the sarcasm in his last sentence. grin
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Emyo(m): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
?
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by miky(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
Benshekari: Obj i blv u, but hw much ws in d account whn u left?

60 billion.. its now 33 billion or so
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Emyo(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
ebamma: Obasanjo will you shut up and face your farm work in Ota,If Jonathan wasn't your protege,by now you could have been in jail for milking our treasury dry.
believing this old man or not changet nothing...go back and remain in ur ota farm land, u stole using land law act of 19??.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
If that is the case, it is well with the people that milked Nigeria's treasury since 2007. And it is also well with all the destroyers from 1960 till date. Wicked leaders.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by AutoMahnn: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton: Surely not the best human being, but remains The greatest leader Nigeria has ever had.

Surprisingly the most maligned and unappreciated leader in Nigerian history.

Nigeria is very strange country, where everything seems to run upside down.

We celebrate our fools and malign our heroes.

Obansanjo, you will always be a Nigerian Hero.

From your first word to the very last, your statement is 10 over 10. You have made my day, I love it when people base their arguments on facts and not heresay or because it is what the majority want to hear. I challenge anyone to name a greater Nigerian leader dead or living that can measure close to OBJ's achievements.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Demdem(m): 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
dolandi: the man speaks fact! undeniable facts!

No doubt about this.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Demdem(m): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
chucky234: **2007**
Foreign reserve = $45bn
Domestic debt = $00.00
Excess crude A/c = $35bn
**2012**
Foreign reserve = $8bn
Domestic debt = N6.21tn
Excess crude A/c = $00.00
We are making progress,kudos GEJ and co.

Bakare has earlier told us that the Retardeen will bankrupt Nigeria. Its on course.

1 Like

Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
Looks like successive Nigerian leaders are always looking for how to out do the other in the ruination of the country...

Let's just pray that GEJ successor will break the trend or let me say jinx.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by veraponpo(m): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2012
Pls watch your mouth. How can u be this disrespectful and extremely insulting. Talking to our ex-president like this. Even your father will tremble in his presence.. The only person Buhari,IBB, Atiku, Yar'adua,GEJ,etc would shiver when he talks. Pls pray to be close to his level, because I doubt if u can achieve 1/1000 of his feat.

princenino4u: OBJ y cant u go to the zoo and see your brothers and disters there foolish man i remember when you said that nigeria will b better in d year 2010 if not the members of the houese you really want to be the last president of nigeria cus u want 3rd term GOD will surely expose u one dsy and u must surely confess wht u did yo nigeria b4u dia bastard
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by juman(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
oyb: bastard, the evil you have done is flourishing after your exit

ode

grin grin
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by juman(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
olivertwist: Shut your big trap Mr. Foolish man. You destroyed all what could have been your greatest achievements as a president, the day you impose the sick Yaradua & incompetent GEJ on us, all for your selfish reasons.

I hope you are happy and smiling and 'dey kampe' with all what is happening in the country, 95% of which is caused by you.

One of the most selfish man in the country.

He didn't know much about governace.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Sike(m): 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2012
Rub.bish upon Nunsense remark by our own "Baba Iyabo".
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Damon03(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
I used to think I'm the only one that likes this man, now i know better. Haters can keep hating... But OBJ is still the best president nigeria ever had. GBAM!!

1 Like

Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by Hardballer(m): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by miracleoscar(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
OBJ is making sense.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by tlops(m): 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2012
Temistatics 007: Lol at 'the rain has come and cleared everything'
my question is who is the 'rain'?

insightful way to look at the subject "rain" in this sentence. its definitely not GEJ, cos GEJ =tsunami

1 Like

Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by analo: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
Dis 1 pass me oo,GEJ abi na generator wetin ur fada OBJ talk na true Oya wia d money U̶̲̥̅̊ thieves...
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by ikaleguy(m): 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
OBJ why do you always hand over to very inefficent
successors? A good leader is someone that finds a very successor.

The two times you have handed over power,Nigeria ended up being worse off.I think you always
do that intentionally so you can open your mouth to say your time was far better.

You are a very BAD leader!!
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by nero69: 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
I just don't understand why people easily throw insult on not only an ex-president of Nigeria but an elder statesman who did his best as far as I am concerned. Nobody is perfect but the guy set the country on the path of greatness. I am very confident that by the time we have 2 decades of uninterupted democracy, things will fix itself naturally. May your days be long Baba owu.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by chreldb(m): 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
OBJ should keep quiet does he think Nigerians have forgotten how he delibrately hand picked a frail sick man (Yaraduwa)and a puppet governor (you know who) to take over from him as president and VP and sabotaged the efforts of younger and more innovative presidential aspirants like Donald Duke et al., so that no one will outshine his below mediocre performance. Old wicked man angry. We are not fools you here.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 by kinguwem: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2012
OBJ tried his best but had bad economic policies. Even the USA has not cleared her debt with the World Bank and IMF. Why did OBJ concentrate on debt payment instead of using funds to develop the power sector and building refineries? A lot of funds were lost in the third term project. Nigeria has persistent problems resulting from bad leadership and mismanagement of the nation's resources.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cooking Gas price Crashes Further (pic) / PDP Has A Hand In Election Postponement –Ajibulu / Plateau: Blame PDP For Gov Mutfwang’s Sack, Not Tinubu, Judiciary – Onanuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.