Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,081 members, 7,880,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (766164 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
cheedyH: @bosslady and Cypha,how una dey? Pls did VETASSES send u guys d result of your application directly to your emails or were u asked to login to their portal and check d result.

I bam oh. That's right... You have to login to the online portal where your Outcome Letter will be available for download.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Godwilling: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dear bossladymo, UKBTech and others in the house, good evening,

Pls i have been following for sometime now and i am interested in the skill select program. Particularly subclass 189 because that is the only

category i think i may be able to fit in at the moment, I have Msc. in biomedical science from England but zero work experience.

My question is with lack of work experience will I be able to get the 60 or 65 mark required?

My second option is to go for TAFE like walker0809 but my problem is, with a masters degree will they even consider me for visa? I have looked at

the requirement for TAFE and they are really basic. Pls PhD is out of the question for me cos I cannot afford it. pls all suggestions are welcome from all members.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Godwilling: Dear bossladymo, UKBTech and others in the house, good evening,

Pls i have been following for sometime now and i am interested in the skill select program. Particularly subclass 189 because that is the only

category i think i may be able to fit in at the moment, I have Msc. in biomedical science from England but zero work experience.

My question is with lack of work experience will I be able to get the 60 or 65 mark required?

My second option is to go for TAFE like walker0809 but my problem is, with a masters degree will they even consider me for visa? I have looked at

the requirement for TAFE and they are really basic. Pls PhD is out of the question for me cos I cannot afford it. pls all suggestions are welcome from all members.

You need work experience to enable you nominate an occupation and obtain a skill assessment. You need at least a year of work experience. Whether you attain the passmark of 60, with or without work experience points, is dependent on other things like age, educational qualifications, language skills, partner skills (if applicable) etc..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oyelekeabo: 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
Helo house, pls am new on dis trend, going for youth service in 2weeks, Planning to start my application for a Master degree in Australia, pls house, how do I get started
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Godwilling: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
Thank you Bossladymo for you responds. I am 27 years. I am single. I guess i have to focus on the work experience then. Thank you for your help.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Godwilling: Thank you Bossladymo for you responds. I am 27 years. I am single. I guess i have to focus on the work experience then. Thank you for your help.

Well, with this profile, you can easily land a state nomination with a 7 in IELTS, or a 189 with an 8 in IELTS...even with no work experience points. So try getting a job in an occupation on the SOL or state occupation list, and work for the number of years required to get a positive assessment...then come back to apply.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Godwilling: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
Thanks Bosslady..... I will keep reading to get enough information and also work on the work experience aspect. thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
Emmm. . .
hello house, before ya'll tear into me lemi apologise first.
I'm sorry cos I know its probably already been discussed somewhere back back back but I wana just hear from people who have passed the hurdle.
please what are the documents required for svp (that you submitted to get your own visa).
I know it has less documentation, I don't know what to put and what to leave out. So I want input from people who have gotten visas and what they submitted during their process.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 10:53am On Jul 25, 2014
equlibrium: Emmm. . .
hello house, before ya'll tear into me lemi apologise first.
I'm sorry cos I know its probably already been discussed somewhere back back back but I wana just hear from people who have passed the hurdle.
please what are the documents required for svp (that you submitted to get your own visa).
I know it has less documentation, I don't know what to put and what to leave out. So I want input from people who have gotten visas and what they submitted during their process.

www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-573-Assessment-Level-3-checklist.aspx
The documents listed there minus bank statement.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hello house, saw the skillselect thing online yesteday.
Am so new be to AUS visa and immigration, but I am in interested in the skill immigration program,
I have ND in Mechanical Engineering, and 3 years working experience in a Multinational Company,
What are my options in the skillselect, what are the sequencial steps in getting it
And can someone pls explain the visa categories to me, I mean the 189,190 etc
I will app8 a response. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jidowu(m): 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
Good day house I intend studying Real
estate in Australia,although had already made use of google but i want to know if there are
students studying the course in Australia, so as to
profer a good uni for the study, I intend coming for
msc cos I would be rounding up my B.Tech in
Estate MGT soon, advices on this would be
welcomed.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
Zenkel:

www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-573-Assessment-Level-3-checklist.aspx
The documents listed there minus bank statement.
solid link brov, thanks a bunch for that.
along with not including bank statement and such, I won't have to submit all those financial documents right? All those pay slips and stuff?
plus since I will be sponsoring myself, will that be an issue?
Cos I don't see the relevance of sponsorship letter and affidavit if I will be paying myself.
Anyone gone through this and was self sponsored before?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 12:51am On Jul 26, 2014
Weird that it is Reading, that I used to find absolutely boring, that I got a perfect score in![/quote]

hello bosslady.congrats on your ielts scores.My husband wrote the exams same day as you and got 7,7,7.5 and 7.5.We are not exactly new to this migrating process as he was accessed by vetassess last year but wasn't successful(he was told his educational qualifications don't meet uo with an Australian bachelors degree).it was really discouraging but have since gone back to the drawing board and are back(lol).
he's now applying to Cpa to be assessed under the category he should actually have applied for in the first place.Seeing you talk about subclass 190 is the reason for this text(we are going the 189 way since its not restrictive but 190 is better than nothing).

Could you PLS talk me through how this works as I was under the impression you can only apply to be state nominated when submitting your EOI.
Is this correct or its after a state has successfully nominated you that you apply for EOI under 190.if state nomination comes first before EOI,how do I go about getting the state to nominate him?Believe me when I say I have read it over and still doesn't fully understand that part.

P.s-im the more interested one between both of us.left to him,hmmm.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2014
Hi! Left to me, I would have found a way to leave this country years ago, but my husband is the "I'm staying back in my home country bla bla bla kind of person". Well...let's just say God worked wonders, and he surprisingly just agreed for us to 'try' one day...now he is the one that can't wait to leave (even ready to lwave us behind if I'm still romancing Naija hehehe). Apparently, he never knew there was a way you could LEGALLY migrate to another country.

Sorry to hear his degree wasn't assessed positive. A few months back, I posted a possible criteria VET might be using to assess degrees...it was an AEI-NOOSR excerpt.

Section 1 unis - All degrees equal to an Aus Bachelor's

Section 2 unis - All 5yr degrees equal to an Aus degree BUT only first class and 2.1 4yr degree is equal to an Aus Bachelor's. (But he can combine with masters if he has a 2.2 or 3rd)

Section 3 - Only first class degrees.

The schools I saw under section 1, for registeration for their nursing and midwifery council, were Federal unis sha. But all of them were not listed, cos not all Federal unis offer nursing. To assess the AEI-NOOSR for Nigeria itself, where all the schools are divided, costs $80 or so.

As for the EOI process...the 189 is pretty direct, but the 190 involves a few extra steps. States like QLD, SA, WA, require you to submit an EOI, select 190, and select their state, and after you do that, they invite you to apply for state nomination and provide supporting documents. Once ypu are approved, the invite is sent immediately...WHILE...states like VIC, NSW, ACT, NT, require you to apply for nomination directly on their website, with or without filling an EOI. If an EOI filled before hand, the invite is sent automatically...but, if it wasn't filled before hand, once they approve your nomination application, they request that you fill an EOI, select 190 and their state, and furnish them with the number within 2 - 4 mths, after then will your invite be sent.

Hope you understand now? What is his nominated occupation? If VETASSESS didn't find his degree comparable, will CPA? Federal or state school?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2014
@ aolatunde00
Your husband did a great job at getting at least a 7 in each band in IELTS. Its not easy especially if it was Academic test he attempted because that what is required by CPA(Aussie Accounting professional body). About the assessment with CPA, my assessment was done by CPA and they equate our B.sc to their Associate bachelors degree. This is like our diploma cert and the threshold is that ur qualification should be at least comparable to an Australian Bachelors degree. For ur husband to get a positive assessment with CPA, he shld include a Master degree or a professional qualification in his application. CPA is quite strict with their assessment. Goodluck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=bossladyMo]Hi! Left to me, I would have found a way to leave this country years ago, but my husband is the "I'm staying back in my home country bla bla bla kind of person".

Lol. BossMan
Honestly, if I have realized on time, I would have found a way out of this country as well. I dnt wanna go into the many challenges and stuff besides its our HOME country. But a man has to do, what he has to do. I once shared ur hubby's view about staying in our home country, but not anymore. Smiling and suffering...TUFIAKWA!!!! Still checking my email box by the second for that GOLDEN email.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 26, 2014
Hehehe! Like I always say, my kids deserve better! One of the GREATEST regrets of my life is not doing IELTS during the 12 wks I waited for my assessment...chai! I would have been in my 2nd month of visa lodging now...but all good, na d water pour, the bucket no break.

Have you mailed your CO?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 26, 2014
prechear: @ aolatunde00
Your husband did a great job at getting at least a 7 in each band in IELTS. Its not easy especially if it was Academic test he attempted because that what is required by CPA(Aussie Accounting professional body). About the assessment with CPA, my assessment was done by CPA and they equate our B.sc to their Associate bachelors degree. This is like our diploma cert and the threshold is that ur qualification should be at least comparable to an Australian Bachelors degree. For ur husband to get a positive assessment with CPA, he shld include a Master degree or a professional qualification in his application. CPA is quite strict with their assessment. Goodluck

Aren't there 2 bodies that assess Accountants? I know one is harder to get assessed by, while the other is comparatively easier (they have a list of the core courses you must have on your transcript for a positive assessment, so you aleeady know your stand).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
bossladyMo: Hehehe! Like I always say, my kids deserve better! One of the GREATEST regrets of my life is not doing IELTS during the 12 wks I waited for my assessment...chai! I would have been in my 2nd month of visa lodging now...but all good, na d water pour, the bucket no break.

Have you mailed your CO?

No be lie! As long as the bucket still dey intact, it can always fetch WATER. No be so?
Yes I have mailed my CO. But the lady never reply me. E be like say my face dey scare her. Well, I mailed her on thursday and I thought they reply on time.
About the Accounting Assessing bodies. U re correct. Theu hav like two. CPA and ICAA. Their requirement for assessment are almost d same. IELTS academic with at least 7 in all band, at least 9 out of 12 subject in the ANZSCO code, of which 4 compulsory. Infact, CPA and ICAA have harmonized their assessment criteria. No loopholes bosslady. About 3 years ago or so, our B.sc Accounting was comparable to tht of Aussie but they hav changed d rules. A lesson to always do things on time when the opportunity exist.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
prechear:

No be lie! As long as the bucket still dey intact, it can always fetch WATER. No be so?
Yes I have mailed my CO. But the lady never reply me. E be like say my face dey scare her. Well, I mailed her on thursday and I thought they reply on time.
About the Accounting Assessing bodies. U re correct. Theu hav like two. CPA and ICAA. Their requirement for assessment are almost d same. IELTS academic with at least 7 in all band, at least 9 out of 12 subject in the ANZSCO code, of which 4 compulsory. Infact, CPA and ICAA have harmonized their assessment criteria. No loopholes bosslady. About 3 years ago or so, our B.sc Accounting was comparable to tht of Aussie but they hav changed d rules. A lesson to always do things on time when the opportunity exist.

I read somewhere that they were closed on Friday...somehing about moving offices. Usually takes about 3-4 days to hear back sha...from people's experiences.

Ohhh! Okkkk.....I also didn't see ICAN on tgeir list of recognised professional bodies.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

I read somewhere that they were closed on Friday...somehing about moving offices. Usually takes about 3-4 days to hear back sha...from people's experiences.

Ohhh! Okkkk.....I also didn't see ICAN on tgeir list of recognised professional bodies.

ok. Maybe the moving of office could be a reason. Also, its not up to 3-4 days just like u mentioned.
True, ICAN may not be on the list, but trust me, it is recognized.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ehn ehn...most of the Asians on expat forum wait about 3days for a reply sha.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
bossladyMo: Ehn ehn...most of the Asians on expat forum wait about 3days for a reply sha.

Ok. Pls what is "Expat forum"? I can also benefit from the Asians...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
It's like Nairaland. There is a thread for 189 & 190 visa applicants, just google 189 190 visa applicants expatforum
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ok. Tnx Bosslady
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
thanks so much bosslady and prechear.
spent all of last night on expat forum and learned a lot.
as u both correctly pointed out,icaa is easier than cpa to be positively assessed by.
I was encouraged by at least one person to go the icaa way

@prechear,yes it was academic.it was his third attempt o.first was 8,7.5,7,6.5
second was 7.5,7.5,7,6.5.

@bosslady,he finished from oou in 2007 or so.

sincerely,from what I read on expat forum,theres a lot of emphasis on submitting a detailed accounting sysllabus.thats the stage we are at.imagine getting that from ogun state university.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
I can imagine how tadking getting a syllabus from any Nigerian uni is. OOU is section 2, so he would have to have finished with a first or 2.1, alongside a good course content.

You can try assessing with VETASSESS for an occupation that requires less than a BSc, like an assoc. Degree. It might drop you on the points score, but you his partner can always assess or you go the 489 way.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
pls which one is 489

i have a friend who"s been very active on this 189 issue and got his PR last year.He knows several people who have also gotten theirs as 2.2 and state university applicants.not wanting to sound cliché,God"s favour does wonderful things.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
Regional sponsored (provisional) visa

*Adds 10pts
*Must live, work and study in regional area of the sponsoring state
*Not a pr visa, but provides pathway to pr
*PR can be gotten after living in regional area for 2yrs, and working full time for1yr in any occupation
*Not entitled to medicare or centrelink benefits, until PR is gotten
*Valid for 4yrs
*It is a grey-area visa i.e it is not a temporary visa per se, but not a permanent visa either.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Harmony222(m): 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
bossladyMo: Regional sponsored (provisional) visa

*Adds 10pts
*Must live, work and study in regional area of the sponsoring state
*Not a pr visa, but provides pathway to pr
*PR can be gotten after living in regional area for 2yrs, and working full time for1yr in any occupation
*Not entitled to medicare or centrelink benefits, until PR is gotten
*Valid for 4yrs
*It is a grey-area visa i.e it is not a temporary visa per se, but not a permanent visa either.

Ma please can you send me the materials u used in preparing for the ielts lemme start my own preparation nw so I can still have a shot at 8..... My addy is 'harrisonjnrehimwenma@gmail.com'.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
aolatunde00: pls which one is 489

i have a friend who"s been very active on this 189 issue and got his PR last year.He knows several people who have also gotten theirs as 2.2 and state university applicants.not wanting to sound cliché,God"s favour does wonderful things.

That's why i also mentioned course content. God's favour cannot be undermined though!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
something i have also realised from expat forum is that there are people who applied for assessment in a job,were refused,went to another body to be assessed and got positive assessment in that same job.
examples also abound of people who applied to be assessed as e.g accountants(general) but were refused.they then applied to the same body but for other jobs e.g as financial accountants and auditing and were given positive evalutions by the same body.

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.