Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,445 members, 7,940,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (775649 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 10:26am On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

See, I'm not asking you to be dishonest or unethical. But, I believe as long as you have the requisite experience and maybe a least similar qualification, there is a way you may do your paperwork to suit your application.

Think about it!

Am sure someone has learnt something smiley

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by finestboy1: 10:53am On Jul 01, 2013
@ Jenny kadri and all, I am considering going for a Research degree in Australia and was wondering if its an easier route to attaining your PR? Although I possess an MSc from a UK University, I want to study a Master of Philosophy(MPhil) in business as it is a research Degree. Please I need your Suggestions and Advice please
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

Again, here goes the debate between applying for a PR via Skilled Migration or Studying.

For individuals who have some considerable work experience and listed on the SOL, I'd always recommend the GSM route instead of studying abroad. I'm pretty sure, not less than 90% applying for student visas do not really want to study but just to use the route to get a PR. In any case, it may surprise you to know that Australian employers are least bothered by your plethora of qualifications or where you graduated from once you have a requisite qualification. Acquiring more qualifications does not put you in a more competitive stead. Your Nigerian qualification (or from wherever) will do here, as long as it is assessed as comparable by relevant authorities here.

Moreover, the student visa route is long and winding, during which period the government may throw up unfavourable policies which may throw spanner in the works. In addition, it is VERY EXPENSIVE. On the other hand, you only pay a fraction of these expenses for a skilled migrant PR.

For not-so-experienced individuals, the student visa route may be the way to go. However, know it's gonna be tough.

Hence, as Jenny advised, may be you should reconsider the GSM option, since you've already been prompted to apply. Get to do IELTS GT. It's easier. I got 8.5. Have a rethink. You may need to slow down and have little patience now than to go through an expensive and long route. The money you'd save may be used to aid your settling in.

In any case, it's your call - your decision to make. Whatever you decide, I believe you'd get support and advice from the house. All the best bro.

Thanks so much. To start with I doubted my Bsc getting me the nod. Now that it has, I will calm down and look up to it. It's cheaper and everything. I will calm more down to do IELTS GT in order to pick up all the points there are.You get 20 when you get 8-all bands. Then wait for my BSc documents to mature, so that I can deal with my assessing body,ACS. I'll put my school resumption on hold and ask them to reconsider me for July 2014.I must do my higher studies to acquire other IT skills but at a cheaper cost that won't bother anybody.

Thank you my people!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

@Jenny: I didn't get that: Are the people you're referring to just arrived or making plans to migrate?

I think dejumo summarised the process succinctly.

For offshore prospective migrants, you'd either apply on the strength of your own qualifications (skilled independent), be sponsored (by family or employer) or nominated by a region.

My family and I came here on our own. It was called visa 175 then (before SkillSelect came on board) but now termed 189.

The procedure is pretty much the same.

1. Know if your discipline is listed on the SOL.

2. Know if you can meet the points required. I think it's 60 points now.

3. Know the assessing body responsible for assessing your qualifications in Australia.

4. Do IELTS. You'll need for your qualifications to be assessed and for visa application too. Find out which one your assessing body in Australia will require (Academic or GT). Mine was Engineers Australia and they required GT. GT is easier and it's also fine for visa application.

5. Gather all necessary docs and get them ready.

6. Do EoI and await response.

7. If given go ahead, apply. If you're prompted to apply, it's almost a done deal.

8. You'd thereafter be told to do medicals and security checks.

9. Start organising your departure. Say farewell to friends and families and make sure your enemies remain unaware.

10. Do a financial plan for your departure and stay here.

11. Make inquiries about where you'd choose to settle, flights, etc.

I believe, you'd agree you don't need an agent to do all these just like Jenny mentioned. Using an agent does not guarantee success as they will do EXACTLY the same, i.e., if you get an agent who knows their onions and not out to swindle you.

You're right.Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Thank you very much @manmeta. I remember talking about qualifications on this thread. I bank with ANZ, commonwealth and westpac and let me just say it here that half if not all of the people that work in these banks are cert1V holders and have no Bsc degree. One lady in ANZ told me she was trained intensively for 3 weeks after which she started the job, she has no degree whatsoever.

Australia could care less if you are a PHD holder, it does not give you an upper hand over a Bsc holder, it's no competition. The only professionals they require a degree from are people in hte medical field, engineering field, etc. Even most miners earning 200k per annum have no first degree.

This shouldn't even be debated on.

It's your choice ferdimako, your school starts in feb so really what is the rush, don't rush into things you might end up regretting later, use the few months left to apply for PR and wait.....You have a choice of studying as PR the same course you want to study as an international student, on a very cheap tuition fee and you are still considering studies it's your decision man, really it's your decision

Thanks.The rush comes in because of my age-not getting any younger and the job am doing is going downhill.So the need to get out. I understood all you've said and I'll give it the whole of next year.Thank you!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 11:23am On Jul 01, 2013
ferdimako:

Thanks.The rush comes in because of my age-not getting any younger and the job am doing is going downhill.So the need to get out. I understood all you've said and I'll give it the whole of next year.Thank you!

@ferdimako: happy uve made a decision about your moves. How do I go about d ACS evaluation? I graduated since 2010 n finished servicejune last year n since den no job yet and job experience, if I am to follow d PR route,how will d documentation be n wat part of d documentation will give me upperhand for d ACS evaluation. If wif ma bsc n cisco certs, I can get a nod from d acs, den I'm good to go. Do need need any letter from previous employers or any job letter attached to d whole documentaion. How long does d ACS evaluation take? I need answers asap cos I had feb 2014 in mind n ielts academic but it seems I'm considering dis route like ferdimako
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 11:24am On Jul 01, 2013
ferdimako:

Not taking anything away from your previous decisions/actions, I think this is a better decision. If you land with a PR, you hit the ground running. WRT the age issue, the more reason a GSM/PR makes more sense.

Waiting a little more for a 'ripe' GSM/PR application here will save you a very expensive 2 year study, when thereafter you'll just be 'starting' life.

Going forward, list or draw a flow chart of what to do and when to do it wrt your GSM/PR application.

We'd try and work together as much as we can here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2013
@okunrin meta(manmeta),I duff my hat for you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

@Manmeta and co can help you out here, they came into OZ same way. I will post you a link of the site and requirements and like @manmeta once said, you don't need a bloody agent to do this, it's not rocket science.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

^^^^ has it all

Madam Jenny and Manmeta,

Many thanks. Am reading up on the PR route right now, but I already have a little concern about the assessment of qualifications. I do have more than 10 years working experiences in IT but my Bsc is in History and Strategic Studies while my MSc in IT... I have some other IT professional certificates like MCITP and Cisco etc. How can I get access base as an IT Professional if my Bsc degree is in another field. Also what about my previous working experience before my Bsc Degree.

Please give me an hints on how to go about this..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2013
jt2010:

Madam Jenny and Manmeta,

Many thanks. Am reading up on the PR route right now, but I already have a little concern about the assessment of qualifications. I do have more than 10 years working experiences in IT but my Bsc is in History and Strategic Studies while my MSc in IT... I have some other IT professional certificates like MCITP and Cisco etc. How can I get access base as an IT Professional if my Bsc degree is in another field. Also what about my previous working experience before my Bsc Degree.

Exactly what I am talking about.
We have a practical scenario at hand

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2013
jt2010:

Madam Jenny and Manmeta,

Philosophically speaking, life only mirrors what you present to it.

If you're trying to claim experience in IT, I believe ACS will be the relevant assessing body. To be sincere, (if I'm correct) most assessors will first reckon with your first degree rather than your subsequent ones.

My example: I'm an Engineer with a BSc in my field and a MSc in a sector of that field. Engineers Australia PRIMARILY assessed me on my BSc and an appendage assessment was also given to my MSc even though I studied it abroad. There are three levels you may claim from Engineers Australia: 1. Engineering Manager. 2. Professional Engineer 3. Engineering Technician. I knew my qualifications and years off experience suit a Professional Engineer. I applied for that and I got it. As I continue to practise here, in 10 to 15 years from now, I qualify to be a Engineering Manager (the highest level). See.

If I were you, I will still present my BSc in History & Strategic studies but when I'm writing the report for my application, I'll base my application PRIMARILY on my CISCO, MITP, etc certificates and MSc and seek to be assessed for relevant level. In my own case, say I have an HND, I'd have gone for Engineering Technician. Once I arrive here, I'd work it up from there to the highest level I desire.

Did you get the drift?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
@concept,that your question is very important for many people here

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

If you're trying to claim experience in IT, I believe ACS will be the relevant assessing body. To be sincere, (if I'm correct) most assessors will first reckon with your first degree rather than your subsequent ones.

My example: I'm an Engineer with a BSc in my field and a MSc in a sector of that field. Engineers Australia PRIMARILY assessed me on my BSc and an appendage assessment was also given to my MSc even though I studied it abroad. There are three levels you may claim from Engineers Australia: 1. Engineering Manager. 2. Professional Engineer 3. Engineering Technician. I knew my qualifications and years off experience suit a Professional Engineer. I applied for that and I got it. As I continue to practise here, in 10 to 15 years from now, I qualify to be a Engineering Manager (the highest level). See.

If I were you, I will still present my BSc in History & Strategic studies but when I'm writing the report for my application, I'll base my application PRIMARILY on my CISCO, MITP, etc certificates and MSc and seek to be assessed for relevant level. In my own case, say I have an HND, I'd have gone for Engineering Technician. Once I arrive here, I'd work it up from there to the highest level I desire.

Did you get the drift?

@ manmeta, Many thanks.. I will follow your lead and i do appreciate.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

Did you get the drift?

Please help me in checking on ACS Employment experience presentation. I just sent you an e-mail with attached file to guide you. I have a diploma in computer science and a Bsc in computer Science with lots of skills and years of work. I have written a fresh page and there is another my boss wrote in 2010 on my job history and timeline. Please look at the wordings and compare with what ACS is expecting.Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
ferdimako:

Please help me in checking on ACS Employment experience presentation. I just sent you an e-mail with attached file to guide you. I have a diploma in computer science and a Bsc in computer Science with lots of skills and years of work. I have written a fresh page and there is another my boss wrote in 2010 on my job history and timeline. Please look at the wordings and compare with what ACS is expecting.Thanks.

No worries. But if you want me to do a good job, you have to wait till tomorrow. I'm about going to bed now.

I'll check it up tomorrow and probably give you an initial heads-up.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

Not taking anything away from your previous decisions/actions, I think this is a better decision. If you land with a PR, you hit the ground running. WRT the age issue, the more reason a GSM/PR makes more sense.

Waiting a little more for a 'ripe' GSM/PR application here will save you a very expensive 2 year study, when thereafter you'll just be 'starting' life.

Going forward, list or draw a flow chart of what to do and when to do it wrt your GSM/PR application.

We'd try and work together as much as we can here.

Thank you.People, my BP is now 90/60 and clinic has sent my medicals...am firing all cylinders. God help me make this stick.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

No worries. But if you want me to do a good job, you have to wait till tomorrow. I'm about going to bed now.

You can take this week oh...am grateful,my bro.Good night!Now that is funny,it's barely afternoon from here.Hahaha
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
kmontee:

@ferdimako: happy uve made a decision about your moves. How do I go about d ACS evaluation? I graduated since 2010 n finished servicejune last year n since den no job yet and job experience, if I am to follow d PR route,how will d documentation be n wat part of d documentation will give me upperhand for d ACS evaluation. If wif ma bsc n cisco certs, I can get a nod from d acs, den I'm good to go. Do need need any letter from previous employers or any job letter attached to d whole documentaion. How long does d ACS evaluation take? I need answers asap cos I had feb 2014 in mind n ielts academic but it seems I'm considering dis route like ferdimako

Seriously ACS considers workplace(s) and job experiences and history.But if you've no job experience, the other way is to get a job in Australia from here in your intended SOL. Skillselect gave me 15 points for having worked for 12 years, they discarded my two early years.I dey clean floor and computers those days. So will ACS judge me and I know that. DIAC feels it's head-hunting and with folks who have no experience, that effort is killed.ACS charges 450AUD and it takes 12 weeks to get a NO or YES.ACS doesn't consider IELTS at all but your BSc and all those vendors are good and will be assessed.My fear is no job history!

You may go back to student visa route and check out University of Ballarat, Edith Cowan University,Murdoch University and Flinders University.But na cash oh!

Don't waste cash on evaluation if you can predict the outcome to be unfavorable.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

@Manmeta & Aunty Jenny,
Please I need your help urgently, but I would like to talk to you in private due to the confidential nature of the situation, it has to do with my pending PR application.

You can drop me a line: akanawu@yahoo.com

I will explain the situation to you, thanks for your assistance.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
ferdimako:

Seriously ACS considers workplace(s) and job experiences and history.But if you've no job experience, the other way is to get a job in Australia from here in your intended SOL. Skillselect gave me 15 points for having worked for 12 years, they discarded my two early years.I dey clean floor and computers those days. So will ACS judge me and I know that. DIAC feels it's head-hunting and with folks who have no experience, that effort is killed.ACS charges 450AUD and it takes 12 weeks to get a NO or YES.ACS doesn't consider IELTS at all but your BSc and all those vendors are good and will be assessed.My fear is no job history!

You may go back to student visa route and check out University of Ballarat, Edith Cowan University,Murdoch University and Flinders University.But na cash oh!

Don't waste cash on evaluation if you can predict the outcome to be unfavorable.

Thanks so much ferdimako! U been so wonderful. How can I get good ielts academics preparation books? I tink d university of ballarat is d cheapest and most affordable. Prat dey. Accept me wen I apply
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
kmontee:

Thanks so much ferdimako! U been so wonderful. How can I get good ielts academics preparation books? I tink d university of ballarat is d cheapest and most affordable. Prat dey. Accept me wen I apply

Do IELTS and pull 6.0 all bands, they'll give you since you've certified original BSc award cert and transcript.Use www.ieltsbuddy.com

They didn't give me because I used unofficial BSc things as I still await them. My TOEFL is on 13th July. So I'll let them go, if I eventually get in via PR or have it little after arrival, I would love to live in Perth,so Edith Cowan will still adjust and accommodate me.I could move in,in July 2014.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by SURGEE(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

Did you get the drift?
my bros, thank God am meeting an engineer. Pls do u think i can put in for Assessment on completn of my B.TECH in Civil Engr dis year or after Nysc nxt year prior to EA's assesment, seriouly am nt thinking of doing the nysc gan self and can i put in as a professional engineer considering the years of experience? As at nw, i just have a year experience in my field. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 12:36am On Jul 02, 2013
SURGEE:
my bros, thank God am meeting an engineer. Pls do u think i can put in for Assessment on completn of my B.TECH in Civil Engr dis year or after Nysc nxt year prior to EA's assesment, seriouly am nt thinking of doing the nysc gan self and can i put in as a professional engineer considering the years of experience? As at nw, i just have a year experience in my field. Thanks

You may need to assess yourself if a year experience will contribute in fetching you the minimum 60 points. Pls check. Otherwise, if you're bent on migrating, you may have to consider the student visa route.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 02, 2013
PLZ House your assistance is needed!!

The MOC has advised that a dependant on my 189 visa application need to sign 'Form 815 - Health Undertaking' to meet the health requirement.

Here is a copy of the form: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/815.pdf

My problem is with Question 4 on the form, it requires that we put down our residential address in Australia, the problem is that I do not know yet where to stay, neither do I know anyone, hence my decision to post it here.

I just need an address to use to get the grant, I will change that address to mine, as soon as I cross over to Australia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by evantical: 11:48am On Jul 02, 2013
plz Manmeta , how about someone with a Bsc in Political science who is self employed in cyber cafe business? how does he go about the PR route? I also have a trade test as an electrician way back.which route will be my best option?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
UBKtech: PLZ House your assistance is needed!!

The MOC has advised that a dependant on my 189 visa application need to sign 'Form 815 - Health Undertaking' to meet the health requirement.

My problem is with Question 4 on the form, it requires that we put down our residential address in Australia, the problem is that I do not know yet where to stay, neither do I know anyone, hence my decision to post it here.

I just need an address to use to get the grant, I will change that address to mine, as soon as I cross over to Australia.

I was about saying you may ignore that part since they know you're just newly migrating. And if I'm correct, somewhere on this thread someone raised a similar issue which I think someone else said it should be ignored (I hope I'm correct).

However, it was said "If you do not know what your address in Australia will be, you must give the name and address of a person in Australia who will know how to contact you (for example, a relative, a friend, your employer or a staff member at your proposed study institution)"

UBKtech, let me ask you, where do you intend to stay or with whom are you intending to lodge on arrival? You MUST sort this out in any case, even if you get someone here to give you their contact details for the purpose of filling the form. You MUST know someone here to give a soft landing on arrival. I was surprised this is not a place you just arrive and walk up to an estate agent for accommodation, even if you have all the money in the world. No one will give you, 'cause of issues like "100% ID", no previous ledger/rental history, etc, unless you're on a student visa.

@Jenny et al, please say something.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
evantical: plz Manmeta , how about someone with a Bsc in Political science who is self employed in cyber cafe business? how does he go about the PR route? I also have a trade test as an electrician way back.which route will be my best option?

You will have to determine that yourself. Ask yourself these questions:

1. In what discipline do you have considerable experience?

2. Do you have any form of qualification (no matter how lowly) in this discipline?

3. Is the discipline listed on the SOL?

If your answers to the foregoing are affirmative, you may be eligible to proceed for a GSM/skilled visa application. Otherwise, you may have to consider other route.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
As per Accomodation you re right @manmeta. Be you dangote, you can't get In easily, you need some ids , references and all what not to get a place here. There is a Reason why some of these countries are called developed countries, you cannot easily buy your way here.

He needs an address I guess, @manmeta whose address did you use for yours?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
jennykadry: As per Accomodation you re right @manmeta. Be you dangote, you can't get In easily, you need some ids , references and all what not to get a place here. There is a Reason why some of these countries are called developed countries, you cannot easily buy your way here.

He needs an address I guess, @manmeta whose address did you use for yours?

Incidentally, I wasn't told to fill such a form. That's why I'm at sea!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
UBKtech: PLZ House your assistance is needed!!

I got this on another thread. TMoni and Nwokenna may be of help:

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.