Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,803 members, 7,882,806 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:24 PM

Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi (20936 Views)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / Wicked But Funny BBC Comment About John Mikel Obi / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Edmomd(m): 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
[b][/b]mikel may not be the best all u guys are looking for. i think kudos must be given to him for portraiying naija. chelsea is nt a small club. mikel may not be the best all u guys are looking for. i think kudos must be given to him for portraiying naija. chelsea is nt a small club. mikel may not be the best all u guys are looking for. i think kudos must be given to him for portraiying naija. chelsea is nt a small club.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

It is indeed. . .and you give credence to that fact. undecided
tarr! Cele n tan e. (dem dey deceive u). U neva answer my question.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
Baawaa:
You are a real football lover and analysis.
. . . . . . . Thanks bro, i believe thats wat football is all about, for u to argue or comment about it, u av to b a lover of d round leather game, a good analyst and back up ur self wit good stats and analysis, not just some people arguing blindly.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Oscaroke: 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
It baffles me d way nigerians critises der own it's only in dis country dat we dnt value wot we av. Mikel remains one of chelsea player dat av played 4 al d coaches dat av coached chelsea since mouriho era, he has also won d best passer of d ball in epl, his first primary assignment is 2 cover 4 d defenders and dat he is doin very well even wen d defenders go in search of goals he remain bk 2 defend he helped chelsea 2 win d champions league and has contributed 2 d fyn run of chelsea diz season startin al three matches. Anti-mikel group shuld just encourage instead of condeming d guy he's our own
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Shaw007(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
modelmike7: . . . . . . . . . . Then ask Victor Moses Who Mikel is, (so u go know if Mikel dey play ball or him na Coach or Team Doctor!) Moses will give u d whole details u need to know about him. Cos he is one of d People he (Moses) is lookin up to right now, and Our Dear Moses will be praying to achieve half of what Mikel has achieved. UP MY TWO BLUE BROTHERS!!!
Errrr. . .and what has mikel achieved? undecided
and pls leave out any trophy. . .any bench-warmer in a gOod team can get that
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by oshanka: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2012
Hmmmm a football game appears a straight forward sport,yet little details people overlook is what makes the beautiful game, The role of a defensive midfielder is to protect his defence line, hold possesion, serve as back-up in positions left void by marauding defenders , and run d lines in d center and backward part of the pitch... Vacuums left on the pitch by attacking DM always comes at a cost if counter attacks are launched cos its the job of central midfielders or forwards "Doing overtime doesn't make u a better staff than your colleague at work" hence DM's scoring or attacking always is overtime..... Mikel Obi is a great SPACE MARKER just like claude makelele whom his game is fashioned against, also check Mamadou diarra in his heydays with Madrid. they do the dirty job for their teams by marshalling d midfield , shielding roving forwards to acute angles where d option of shooting is not considered , and where passes cannot be made to advanced positions , they cover the most kilometers on the pitch during most games . Their strength lies in positional play and not speed, and when they feel like doing 'overtime' and d option is open they charge into the other half nd launch attacks ...... The choice now lies with coaches who like DMs that like doing overtime' or not . "IF only u guys can QUANTIFY how many goals a team CONCEDES when their DM is out of position when upfront, only then can u know how important Mikel is for his team "

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by kantiyokGwana: 1:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
alienware: He's just lucky to be in chelsea jare !
. Did I hear u say luck? Please can u define luck? The guy is trying and no one can take that away from him.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by kantiyokGwana: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
Shaw007: Errrr. . .and what has mikel achieved? undecided
and pls leave out any trophy. . .any bench-warmer in a gOod team can get that
. He has achieved a lot. Tell us any bench warmer with that achievement. Wheither people like him or not he's a good player and in a good team.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Chofa(m): 8:31am On Sep 01, 2012
A decorated monkey is still a monkey, Essiens worse form is mikels peak[quote
author=Siga]If the guy is not good enough to play for a premiership
team....I dont think he will be there....BTW...people need to remember
this guy played for the last two teams to play the Champions League
final....even the best players in the world no get the title....lef the
guy abeg....hin dey make his millions....lets enjoy his game while it
last....And as for the OP....I beg...no dey use this kinda topic
again...all man go think the guy don die now....[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal / Nigeria Loses AFCON 2027 Hosting Right / Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.