Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,522 members, 7,914,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:31 AM

FCT Police Parade 20 Car-snatch Suspects - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FCT Police Parade 20 Car-snatch Suspects (1980 Views)

More Photos Of Fleet Of Very Expensive Cars Allegedly Owned By FCT Minister Son / FCT VIO To Commence Computerised Vehicle Inspection By September 1, 2014 / FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FCT Police Parade 20 Car-snatch Suspects by princemmab(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
The Federal Capital Territory Police Command yesterday paraded twenty suspects allegedly arrested in four different incidents involving car snatching  of PHCN cables and armed robbery.

The FCT Commissioner of Police, CP Aderenle Shinaba, who spoke to journalists, disclosed that about seventeen stolen cars, armoured cables worth millions of naira and large cache of ammunitions were recovered from the suspects.

Parading eleven suspects involved in the car theft in Abuja, including one, Promise Okafor, who claimed to be a practicing lawyer and member of te Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, Shinaba listed the recovered vehicles to include Honda Accord, Nissan Sunny, Toyota Corolla, Infinity jeep, Toyota Prado jeep, Honda Pilot, Honda CRV jeep and Toyota Camry.

Shinaba admonished car owners to be cautious of car thieves and to be conscious of where they park their vehicles.

Fourteen cars were allegedly recovered from Barr. Okafor, who the police said they were still investigating to ascertain the veracity of his claim.

Paraded along Okafor were Michael Nweke, Chimezie Emanini, Amarachi Eneh and John Nuhu.

Okafor claimed that he did not know that the vehicles were stolen, insisting that he bought the cars from Emamimi when he was convinced that they were genuine.

He said: “I am a lawyer and also a car dealer. I import cars and also sell. I bought a Honda Accord from Chimezie when he showed me documents which proved that the car was genuine.”

Okafor, however, failed to respond to questions on how he came about the other vehicles that were recovered from him.

Other suspects paraded in connection with the crimes included Paul Egwu, Samuel Chukwu, Daniel Adamu, Nnamdi Umeh, Suleiman Ali, Ifeanyi Udoh and Aliyu Ali for snatching three cars. While the PHCN cable vandals were Mohammed Abubakar, Falalu Usman, Mohammed Adamu and Bashir Lawale.
Re: FCT Police Parade 20 Car-snatch Suspects by Ikenna351(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
Am not surprised. Afterall, car thieves like anything with Toyota badge. I didnt even know that Honda and Nissan are been admired by the thieves too. Asian car owners take note. You better go and insure yours, because even car securities dont stop them from taking what they admire, without the owners permission. If you cant insure, start with car tracker.

Euro cars are turn off to thieves. Afterall, they dont have resale value, so who will buy it from them and how much will they make out of it. But even Japanese gwuragwura, thieves dey carry am!

Ikenna

(1) (Reply)

Famous Cars That Once Ruled The Nigerian Roads In The 80s And Early 90s / Oil Shortage In Camry 07 With 4 Plugs / No Truck In Nigeria Can Attempt This Extremely Tight Turn On A Narrow Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.