Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,626 members, 7,914,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:21 AM

Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent (989 Views)

D'banj To Feature On Kanye West's New Album / Between Rick Ross And 50 Cent / Kanye West And Illuminatti . . . Check Out The Anti-christ Video Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by IShine(m): 11:12am On Jan 03, 2008
At the 2007 Hip Hop Honors I was asked by AllHipHop.com about my musical preferences this year—50 Cent or Kanye West? I chose 50 Cent. At the time my answer was spontaneous and said without much thought. It was simply a quick honest answer. However, the next day I get a Google alert that somehow my comments “dissed Kanye West”. This could not be further from the truth. As I’ve said repeatedly and on many occasions, “rap is something we do; Hip Hop is something we live”, and when you ask KRS about his musical choices his answers are going to reflect the life that he (KRS) actually lives. If I have to compare 50 Cent’s album “Curtis” with Kanye West’s album “Graduation” I am more motivated by “Curtis” than I am “Graduation”. Of course, I totally respect “Graduation” and what it means to and for Hip Hop. But personally, I relate more to 50 Cent’s subject matter more than I do Kanye’s. [continue here]
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by frgy1: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2008
friend are you quoting krs 1 or u r the 1 talking
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by tosinadeda: 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2008
Dats just sum1s view,y shld it be a topic 4 discussion?
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by IShine(m): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2008
Sure it is, so what is your own view of the article and do you think Krs-One was right for placing 50 Cent over Kanye West?
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by tosinadeda: 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2008
Its nt a matter of being right or wrong,its his opinion
but i wld pick kanye
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by IShine(m): 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2008
I am with Kanyezee as well and I was shocked when I saw the article and Krs-One was rating 50 Cent over Kanyezee but I like how he finished it when he said it's all hip-hop and that 50 cent and kanyezee belong to different category of hip-hop.
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by frgy1: 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2008
i think his reason is because 50 is more gangster compared to kanye who is kinda soft and easy going .he don't talk about guns , killing and all that shit as much as 50
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by eldee(m): 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2008
tosinadeda:

Dats just sum1s view,y shld it be a topic 4 discussion?

this is not like an election, it's more like if Al Gore says he wants Obama to win the elections, it's more than just one man's opinion, KRS-One is in the topfive list for many rappers.
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by bolajibaok(m): 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2008
i think that only 'cant tell me nothing' was the only hiphop song in kanye's album. the rest sound like soul and r nb , kanye is wack .he cant rap. he only emphasizes , he doesnt represent at all.

50 cent's album was wack too except amusement park and the instrumentals of the song with justin

both of them didnt live up to exceptation, oh biggie smalls and amaru shakur. long live the kings

hiphop is just dead. it died with big and pac
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by eldee(m): 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2008
You can't say hiphop died with them, what you just said is that means 'Pac And Biggie'. There were still ill rappers like DMX, Dre, Nas, Rakim and em lot. Go listen to the hiphop is dead track and understand. It died when people lost interest in the real rappers.

So nigga, who's your top ten?
Is it MC Shan? Is it MC Ren?

U dig?

What influenced my raps? Stick ups and killings
Kidnappings, project buildings, drug dealings
Criticize that, why is that?
Cuz Nas rap is compared to legitimized crap
Cuz we love to talk on ass we gettin'
Most intellectuals will only half listen

And this is where Hiphop died, Iit doesn't mean there's no more real rappers, it mens if Pac comes back, he can't sell five million.

Everybody sound the same, commercialize the game
Reminiscin' when it wasn't all business
If it got where it started

So, don't just say Hiphop is dead cuz everyone says it.
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by ADESUWA(f): 8:08am On Jan 04, 2008
i was neva really onto hip hop but i still no that the 'everybody sound the same' line is true. you could forge three songs into ne and noone will see the difference. try playin these songs one after the other.

Lean with it roc with it
this is why i'm hot
i think they like me
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by bolajibaok(m): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2008
@eldee
i wonder why ur always criticise me. Lord knows i speak the truth. but thank God u agreed that hiphop is dead. that panasch that big n pac had nobody had it. 50 cent wanted to when he came out but his disco inferno candy shop thingy made him go nuts into r n b . be objective men , and dont hate me for what i say.

dont hate the player nikkah hate the game

@adesuwa
those 3 songs used the same instrumentals and drum patterns. i agree with u for the first time .
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by ADESUWA(f): 10:33am On Jan 04, 2008
Everytime when we talk about hip-hop sumone comes and says hiphop is dead without Pac or Biggie. I know the kind of attention they both commanded, especially Pac that got a reply from the then Vice President Dan Quayle. Thier death has been regarded by hip hop heads as among the saddest moments in Black history but in my opinion there is a good side to it. Tupac laid a foundation for her and it held on for quite some time.

If you watch football, Andy Cole and Yorke had to go for Ruud Van to become the most prolific United striker in the nineties.

If Pac and Biggie didn't die, rappers like Eminem and Jay-Z would never have dreamt of reaching the level they are today. To say hiphop died with them is to say she never existed without them and that is just obvious shallow reasoning. If I'm not wrong I think Nas was aready rated the best ever lyricists in 1994.
Re: Krs-one On Kanye West And 50 Cent by bolajibaok(m): 10:57am On Jan 04, 2008
@adesuwa
what exactly r u trying to teach me from all this story ? whats the moral of this lecture?

(1) (Reply)

Nato C New Song ,give Me The Lighter. / Has 2face Forgotten His Talent At Kennis ? New Album Review. / Illbliss:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.