Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,846 members, 7,882,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

The effect of quality attributes on price of gari. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The effect of quality attributes on price of gari. (1324 Views)

Price Of Gari Records 50 % Rise / I Eat Dry Gari Everyday. Is This Healthy? / Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The effect of quality attributes on price of gari. by Timijo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2012
People are fond of asking this question: "How does this affect the price of garri?" This article provides answer to the question.
This article examines the effect of quality
attributes on price of gari, a major staple processed from cassava roots in Nigeria. The effect of quality on prices is estimated under the hedonic function by means of logit model. Two hundred key informants were interviewed in 94 rural markets visited and 100 wholesale traders were interviewed in a big urban market in Lagos, a major commercial city in Nigeria. The markets that supply gari to Lagos are located in the southeast and southwest zones of Nigeria. Gari prices from the southeast zone were generally lower than prices from the southwest zone even though rural markets in the southwest zone were closer to the urban market. Efficiency in cassava production and the processing of gari in the southeast zone may be important in determining the magnitude of the marketing margins and the price differences. Different colours (yellow or white) also command different prices in the market. The study reveals that yellow
gari commands a better price than white gari. However, certain ethnic groups despite the better nutrition that can be gained when biofortified with vitamin A do not usually prefer yellow gari with coarse texture. There may be need to change producer and consumer preference through sensitisation and capacity building especially in areas were yellow gari is not currently preferred such as in southwest Nigeria. The relative higher price for yellow gari suggests that research on cassava biofortified with β-carotene (which imparts a yellow colour in a natural form) may also help to improve gari prices as well as improve consumer nutrition and shelf life of yellow gari. These results provide further socio-economic justification for research on crop biofortification in developing countries.
Other things that affect the price of garri:
1. When u drink garri in the morning, afternoon and night.
2. When u drink garri for lunch and put tooth pick in your mouth as if u are coming from 5star hotel.
3. When u make eba inside a paint rubber to consume.
4. When u use eba to mould your birthday or wedding cake.
5. When u offer your babe garri and hide the engagement ring inside. These are just my personal opinion. You can add yours.
Re: The effect of quality attributes on price of gari. by savedbreak: 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
Re: The effect of quality attributes on price of gari. by Osrachingy(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
savedbreak: My Fellow nairalanders,I think it will be wise to grow our GPAN by getting it on twitter but the funniest thing is ITS ALREADY THERE so I need your approval to share the twitter acc. for everyone to follow! Plz kindly drop ur comment cuz i'll be glad to drop the i.d THANKS! LONG LIVE G4
What da f**k are u waitin for man!! Drop the ID jors.... #TeamGarri on to d next level niyen.... Foreva G4
Re: The effect of quality attributes on price of gari. by Timijo(m): 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
Osrachingy:
What da f**k are u waitin for man!! Drop the ID jors.... #TeamGarri on to d next level niyen.... Foreva G4
G4 4 real

(1) (Reply)

Proof That Men Are Better Cooks (pic) / Creativity At Its Peak! Check Out Mr Dimeji Edward’s 50th Birthday Cake (photo) / Human Meat Served In American Fast Foods.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.