Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,790 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:35 AM

E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. (3933 Views)

Payment Gateway Integration (interswitch / Mastercard / Visa) / Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! / Pls I Need Ng Online Payment Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by isp1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2008
The fact that Nigeria is still developing in the E-commerce sector does not necessary mean that we should not work on the existing payment gateways and e-commerce platforms. Talking about E-biz in Nigeria, I don't think this in any will be possible if there is no seriousness attached to the issue of Payment Gateways and E-commerce. One problem I foresee present in the existing payment gateways is the high cost of registration of users, their conditions and commissions. This is really malling the effort of the development of E-Business in Nigeria.

A Look into E-Business and Nigeria's New Payment Gateway by 2008.

1) What should E-Business and Nigeria's New Payment Gateway by 2008 look like?
2) What features are expected of it to help aid the growth of E-Business in Nigeria?
3) How do we get Nigerians to appreciate E-Business?
4) Can a new Payment Gateway be possible?
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by Seun(m): 8:23am On Jan 04, 2008
We already have etranzact and Interswitch. Interswitch works really well.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by astronp7(m): 10:49am On Jan 04, 2008
How to get Paypal, ClickBank and others to start listing Nigeria will also help Nigerias a lot. And the N150,000 by Interswitch is still much.

And we need more acceleration in Nigerias usage of the Internet. I hope a lot will come to play this year. Cheers!
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by leoleo: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2008
Some of these banks charge nothing for installing their payment system, they only take commission on transactions. Bank like Skye bank. Call (Ikem-08035447545) their e-channels dept at their HQ in lagos.

I hope this will help.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by isp1(m): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2008
leoleo:

Some of these banks charge nothing for installing their payment system, they only take commission on transactions. Bank like Skye bank. Call (Ikem-08035447545) their e-channels dept at their HQ in lagos.

I hope this will help.

Please, I will like to understand better what you mean here. Do you mean that if I developed a payment gateway, Banks like Skye Bank will charge me a commission and integrate my payment gateway to their system?
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by leoleo: 10:23am On Jan 07, 2008
isp+:

Please, I will like to understand better what you mean here. Do you mean that if I developed a payment gateway, Banks like Skye Bank will charge me a commission and integrate my payment gateway to their system?
No, the bank already have their payment gateway runing on interswitch.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by niyyie(m): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2008
GTB offers a thing like that too. They called it WebPay. I dont think you'd still pay that 150k though the system is essentially through Interswitch.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by isp1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2008
niyyie:

GTB offers a thing like that too. They called it WebPay. I don't think you'd still pay that 150k though the system is essentially through Interswitch.

Can I know about this WebPay?
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by michaelg: 12:00am On Jan 15, 2008
Why wait for paypal? in fact why wait for the west to get us started? We are building a p2p virutal payment gateway dedicated to Nigeria. It's coming out soon.

We are looking for early beta testers - only companies in Nigeria that have customers that will be prepared to test the system. We are happy to help with with integration if the cmopany has no technical skills on ground. We also have 3 free demos applications that can be used (a simple "Buy Now" button; an order form; and a full e-commerce store)

So watch this space.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by idea(m): 9:02am On Jan 16, 2008
try Zenith Bank out when it comes to ICT. They have all it takes.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by isp1(m): 10:05am On Jan 16, 2008
I understand fully well that how good a payment gateway does is based on the ICT skill of the integrating bank. If they fail to understand and advertise the gateway well, then there will be no much users to appreciate the gateway.

The one question here is, "Are our Banks equal to the task of managing these payment gateways" and "how strong is the ICT developments of our banks?"

I think this will really help us know where we are heading to.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by smartsoft(m): 10:09am On Jan 16, 2008
all what you guys are saying are just same thing all those banks uses Interswicth. none of them gives out solutions like that, with out the help of interswitch interfering, the nitty-gritty about this whole thing is for other payment process that are well known on the internet to come to nigeria and have a workshop, nigeria is still lackng behind no doubt.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by isp1(m): 10:50am On Jan 16, 2008
From the much I know as I have made inquiries from Banks and other sources and from what I have found out, Interswitch is only a company so also etranzact. These duo are the only companies offering this kind of service but Interswitch is topping the chart. We need a better company that will establish better services and top the chart leaving alone Interswitch and etranzact with their kind of services. The Banks are the only backbones to this. They can frustrate other establishing companies if they collaborate with Interswitch though this will weigh down the development of ICT especially in our Banking sector. Online Payment gateways would go a long way into helping solve so many issues like
[list]
[li]Reduce the risk of carrying physical cash around[/li]
[li]Easy payment for goods and services[/li]
[li]Increase individual income rate (Online transaction:::E-business- 24/7 open storefront through your website), etc[/li]
[/list]
These I have mentioned might even be minimal pros. There could be more as it could help disburse the excess crowd that file at the Banks. If you can receive your payment online and have it credited into your account, if you can easily transfer funds to any account for payment without actually having to visit the bank don't you think your life becomes easier for you to live?

So many might talk on the issue of this creating unemployment but I tell you that at this point, you will have the banks recruiting more staffs to handle especially the customer service department since so many customers will keep calling in or mailing to rectify one issue or the other. Accounting now becomes tougher as well since no physical cash is involved. All is computerized and a single mistake will be very risky. More knowledge of accounting packages in the computer will now be required which will aid in the development of Personnels in computer literacy also. Come to consider these as let us plan together and see what becomes of out E-business and Online Payment Gateway.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by niyyie(m): 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2008
isp+:

Can I know about this WebPay?

Visit GTB's website www.gtbplc.com

Both Interswitch and Etranzact are doing a good job. My big problem with Interswitch is the high entry cost for an account that would enable websites to accept payment online from Interswitch card holders.

Etranzact need to be more professional. Any service that is not ready or not working should be pulled off their website.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by michaelg: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2008
Hello citizens,

As I mentioned last week, we are soon to launch a payment gateway for Nigeria - well you can take a quick look at was is to come by visiting

http://www.paynigeria.com (payNigeria)

If you are interested in becoming one of the first people to use our payment gateway, please register through the form the website, so that we can inform you when we go live.

As for transaction charges - its so low, its almost free.

Regards

Michaelg

PS: Keep on watching this space and do tell a friend.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by isp1(m): 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2008
@michaelg

Can you give us highlights about some features of this new payment gateway?
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by bolaoni(m): 10:36am On Jan 26, 2008
Has anyone tried, Fastecash

It has been in use for a while. I even use it to manage a Membership website.

A lot of people make use of it as well.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by isp1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2008
I'm aware of fastecash even naira2u but we are talking about new ones with better features.

Can you still help us out with more info?
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by michaelg: 9:15am On Jan 27, 2008
Hi ISP;

I am happy to give you the URL to the beta application if you send me an email for now.

administrator aatt clicknigeria ddott com

It sounds to me you might be able to contribute to ensure we cover all the bases.

As part of the launch, we will also be giving away an open source online shopping application with payNigeria already integrated.

Regards

MG
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by 7882: 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2010
Hello guys, I have gone through the discussions here, and so far they've been captivating and revealing.

In one statement, what most people need in a payment system is trust (security) and Convenience(ease of use and operability).

With due respect to the numerous e-commerce ventures in Nigeria, who have been innovative and creative to some extent, they are still far from fulfilling users' (Nigerians') expectations and needs.

I am part of a team that has put together an online marketplace and an e-payment solution to address all the concerns of the Nigerian consumers. We believe our services are tailored  for the Nigerian market and will meet the needs of the Nigerian users. We are stepping up action to launch ASAP, and I will keep members of this forum posted on the latest development in this regard.

A word of advice for existing and intending e-commerce solutions providers; the common problem I have noted in this industry over the years has been the direct "importation" and "implementation" of innovations from the developed world into the Nigerian market. Such a move is a recipe for failure, and innovations, solutions,services etc, need to be really "NIGERIANISED".

Watch out for the online marketplace and payment solution, we believe it will be the next big thing in the industry.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by OmniPotens(m): 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2010
All eyes are on the wait shocked
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by apapabay(m): 1:24am On Oct 20, 2010
Why do Nigerians narrow their scope on these issues. The internet is the INTERNET i.e. it should be taken to an international level. Why do we not head the way all other countries are? PCI DSS. So that all Nigerians could use VISA and Master CARD Like the rest of the world.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by apapabay(m): 1:53am On Oct 20, 2010
May God help Nigeria
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by friendehis(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2010
apapabay:

Why do Nigerians narrow their scope on these issues. The internet is the INTERNET i.e. it should be taken to an international level. Why do we not head the way all other countries are? PCI DSS. So that all Nigerians could use VISA and Master CARD Like the rest of the world.

What are u taking about man, that Nigerian shud develop payment solution to be used by the world, ah, u and i know the discrimination that exist out there that resulted to Nigerian developer and ICT personal developing various payment solution that will serve the Nigerian community.

We do not need to serve the world if this is wot u mean, we only need to enhance out IT industry by no depending too much on the outside world.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by hostmot(f): 11:07am On Oct 20, 2010
Well, let us hope that this is not all talk too.
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by anitasol(f): 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2010
Has anyone heard of Alert Pay?
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by eazydon(m): 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2010
lets hope this is not all talk talk
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by apapabay(m): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2011
This is the right direction. Well done GTBank

"GTBank CardSecure™ is a new service from Guaranty Trust Bank plc that protects your GTBank cards (MasterCard & Visa) from unauthorized use, whilst ensuring your online transactions and payments are protected & secure.

This service is brought to you in partnership with MasterCard® SecureCode™ and Visa Verified by Visa.

All you need to register for this service is your GTBank Hardware token and GTBank Internet Banking log-in details. The GTBank CardSecure™ code you assign to yourself will then be used to confirm or complete online purchases whilst shopping online at participating online merchants.

For more information on how to get your own GTBank CardSecure™ code from Guaranty Trust Bank"
Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by xtianjacob(m): 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2011
eazydon:

lets hope this is not all talk talk

Re: E-business And Nigeria's New Payment Gateway By 2008. by ndgfx(m): 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2011
It's a new dawn in eCommerce in Nigeria and this is what You've been waiting for.

Before i go on, lemme ask, how much do you pay to integrate payment systems like Interswitch, E-tranzact, Mastercard, ValueCard on your site? Quite a lot (and i'm not evening assuming here, i know)

So what if i told you that you could integrate a payment gateway (listen to this, just one) that accepts ALL of them, Just name it: Interswitch, Verve, E-tranzact, Mastercard, Visa,, yada-yada - It takes them all. It even allows your customers pay with their ATM!!!! Yeah, easy right?!!!!

And what if i told you that you could use this platform to send Virtual invoices for bills to your costumers online such that with a simple click, the transaction is completed. Even without you having a website.

And what if i told you that you could do all these and more at the ridiculous price of #6,000 per year (yeah, you read it right. Count the zeroes to be sure)

Introducing Eyowo: An online payment gateway that allows online retailers accept payments on their website and give multiple payment options (Interswitch, Mastercard, Visa and Etranzact) to their buyers with just one integration.

Go to www.eyowo.com to know more about this amazing platform and if you wanna play around and get all hands on, check out https://www.eyowo.com/developers/

And if you're curious,head on to https://www.eyowo.com/support/faq to have your questions answered!

So what are you waiting for? Join the growing list of satisfied customers!

Follow us on twitter @eyowo
Like our page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eyowo/288050024557806
Send us feedback here: https://www./eyowo/

Ciao

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Christain Blogs / Web Design Training In Lagos / Facebook "Sponsored Search Results"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.