Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,373 members, 7,881,341 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:13 PM

Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! (2268 Views)

Do Atheists Really Exist? / 14 Things Atheists Need Christians To Know / What Atheists Really Believe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by wiegraf: 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
CrazyMan: Is Seun also an atheist ? shocked

This is serious Nairaland definately needs a revival? undecided cry

You still talk like that crazyman? Despite the fact that you don't have the answers?
What have atheists done to you?
Best get ready to throw out a lot of the stuff science has given you if you're going down that path.
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by issehfresh(f): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2012
[quote author=Seun]"Thank you"?right on point.
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by issehfresh(f): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2012
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=Seun]"Thank you"?

Right on point.
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by truthislight: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
Seun: "Thank you"?

that is if he was aware that he was an atheist!

The very obvious ID that is always hidden outside this forums is "atheist"
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by CrazyMan(m): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2012
wiegraf: You still talk like that crazyman? Despite the fact that you don't have the answers?
Best get ready to throw out a lot of the stuff science has given you if you're going down that path.
I had answers but you guys bombarded me with so many questions that I had to run for my dear life...I believe that in a one on one challenge, would fare much better.

Cheers smiley
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by issehfresh(f): 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
wiegraf:

You still talk like that crazyman? Despite the fact that you don't have the answers?
Best get ready to throw out a lot of the stuff science has given you if you're going down that
path.

Yeah! let him begin with ditching his 'lappy'...coz his neither his religion nor his god made that.
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by wiegraf: 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
CrazyMan:
I had answers but you guys bombarded me with so many questions that I had to run for my dear life...I believe that in a one on one challenge, would fare much better.

Cheers smiley

Please, feel free to address the problem of evil then. Don't forget you were the one who made the challenge. Also answer the other questions in my earlier post, ie, what have atheists done to you? And, are you willing to throw away all the contributions the heathen atheists have brought to your life? If yes, I'm assuming you're willing to do that just because they have different beliefs to yours, is that correct? Thanks
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by issehfresh(f): 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2012
E_monkey: I was assuming that the personsaid thank you as well as God bless you.

Besides, what you should consider is the intention behind their actions. When theists tell you "God bless you" they are not saying it to be ungrateful. They say it because they wish you well. They honestly believe that a God that will do nice things for you exists, so why get angry over the comment?
E_monkey: I was assuming that the personsaid thank you as well as God bless you.

Besides, what you should consider is the intention behind their actions. When theists tell you "God bless you" they are not saying it to be ungrateful. They say it because they wish you well. They honestly believe that a God that will do nice things for you exists, so why get angry over the comment?

Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by Seun(m): 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
E_monkey: I was assuming that the person said thank you as well as God bless you.

If you helped an idol worshipper who KNOWS you are 'born-again', and he/she still says "may Ogun and Obatala bless you?" would you like it?
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by CrazyMan(m): 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2012
wiegraf: Please, feel free to address the problem of evil then. Don't forget you were the one who made the challenge. Also answer the other questions in my earlier post, ie, what have atheists done to you? And, are you willing to throw away all the contributions the heathen atheists have brought to your life? If yes, I'm assuming you're willing to do that just because they have different beliefs to yours, is that correct? Thanks
I have a low battery right now...so I might not reply you at the moment.

But its a challenge and I've seen your question. I just hope that your colleagues won't come in massive numbers to chase me out again.

I would definately reply you when I charge my phone.

Thanks.
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
Seun:
If you helped an idol worshipper who KNOWS you are 'born-again', and he/she still says "may Ogun and Obatala bless you?" would you like it?
Did the person know that you were an atheist before they said it? Did you tell them before?
By the way I think you are the same person as manmustwac.
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
Seun:
Hm. Anyway, we were never told whether the person knew about his atheism, but if they knew then saying it would likely have been offensive.
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by manmustwac(m): 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
issehfresh: @manmustwacc how can you just tell us the poster was trolling? what,s d proof ? There ought to be a cogent reason for that kind of thing.why must we just blindly believe that excuse? I hope u know we ain't all 'sheeple' !!
Okay what i really meant was some of you guys were derailing the topic.

searchcorp: Any reason why my previous posts were hidden?
Derailing the topic

E_monkey:
What would you rather have them say?
You have a good point there but then they don't know am an atheist and God never blesses people because he don't exist

fellis:
Did the person know that you were an atheist before they said it? Did you tell them before?
By the way I think you are the same person as manmustwac.
I can assure you that me and Seun are definitely not the same person grin grin
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
Agnostic, in Nigeria I guess we non-believing folks are on the same boat...
a. The noisy church services.. wont blame this religion though, but religion has a way of amplifying ignorance, pun intended..

b. 'Share this if you love Jesus' broadcast messages on social networks and messenger services. I'd rather receive p0rn adverts..

c. The looks and stares one gets upon airing his 'unbelief' in public, like you're the devil or something..
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by Areaboy2(m): 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
musKeeto: Agnostic, in Nigeria I guess we non-believing folks are on the same boat...
a. The noisy church services.. wont blame this religion though, but religion has a way of amplifying ignorance, pun intended..

b. 'Share this if you love Jesus' broadcast messages on social networks and messenger services. I'd rather receive p0rn adverts..

c. The looks and stares one gets upon airing his 'unbelief' in public, like you're the devil or something..

Great minds think alike!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things Atheists Really Hate !!!! by MrAnony1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2012
wiegraf:

Please, feel free to address the problem of evil then. Don't forget you were the one who made the challenge. Also answer the other questions in my earlier post, ie, what have atheists done to you? And, are you willing to throw away all the contributions the heathen atheists have brought to your life? If yes, I'm assuming you're willing to do that just because they have different beliefs to yours, is that correct? Thanks

@wiegraf,
I won't mind having a conversation with you concerning the problem of evil. If you please, start a thread, ask the question concerning the problem of evil (feel free to phrase it as difficultly as you may). You can ask only the one question and then we can tackle it. By God's grace we'll have an answer.

For the thread, I'll focus on you so that we don't get led on tangents by interrupters. If you are willing, we'll do that - or if you prefer we can have the conversation on phone or on skype call.

If you agree, create a thread and link it here or you can send me an email and I'll give you a call.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor / Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? / 10 Types Of People Who Barely Visit The Religion Section Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.