Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,981 members, 7,973,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:34 PM

Service B Indicators - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Service B Indicators (1039 Views)

Indicators Of Bad Ignition Coil Symptoms For Vehicles / Car Dashboard Indicators & Their Meanings [must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Service B Indicators by prometheus(m): 10:48pm On Aug 31, 2012
the warning indicator on my dashboard has been showing service B due, visit workshop, even when I just did a second oil change in abt 2 months. Also the SRS airbag indicator is showing red. what might be the problem? I use Mobil 1 for the engine services. What exactly does the service be warning mean?
Re: Service B Indicators by eGarage(m): 10:22am On Sep 02, 2012
Kindly give the details of your Car or come to our workshop to enjoy the free service.

Best Regards.
e-Garage

For more info,
https://www.nairaland.com/997507/e-garage-now-open
Re: Service B Indicators by Lexusgs430: 7:48am On Sep 03, 2012
prometheus: the warning indicator on my dashboard has been showing service B due, visit workshop, even when I just did a second oil change in abt 2 months. Also the SRS airbag indicator is showing red. what might be the problem? I use Mobil 1 for the engine services. What exactly does the service be warning mean?

Service schedule would need to be reset to cancel indicator light. Your SRS system is faulty. Incase you have an impact, you airbags will not function.
Re: Service B Indicators by koolmd: 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hi Poster, i guess the car is a mercedes benz!! My question here is that my own car doesnt select gear and once the car starts, it only starts at gear one and will refuse to select. Anyone experience this before??
Re: Service B Indicators by danadam(m): 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
[quote author=koolmd]Hi Poster, i guess the car is a mercedes benz!! My question here is that my own car doesnt select gear and once the car starts, it only starts at gear one and will refuse to select. Anyone experience this before?? [/quote

i had a similar experience with my e class. mine occurred when i replaced the rear wheel shaft. the car was scanned and the error was from the speed sensors. the speed sensors are located at the rear wheels and their job basically is to read the speed at which the wheels are running which will be communicated to the gearbox to select the appropriate gear. in my own case, what the mech did was to clean the speed sensors on the two rear wheels and it worked perfectly thereafter.
your mech should try it and see if it works well. alternatively, you can wait for the gurus to help you out.
Re: Service B Indicators by prometheus(m): 8:53am On Sep 13, 2012
koolmd: Hi Poster, i guess the car is a mercedes benz!! My question here is that my own car doesnt select gear and once the car starts, it only starts at gear one and will refuse to select. Anyone experience this before??

Yea, its a Benz. C240. Can the SRS indicator be fixed?
Re: Service B Indicators by koolmd: 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
The SRS indicator can definitley be fixed! My own problem still persists and am at the verge of getting a complete transmission which is a very expensive venture!!! Any suggestion on how to fix this my transmission issue will be highly welcomed please house!!
Re: Service B Indicators by danadam(m): 12:03am On Sep 17, 2012
koolmd: The SRS indicator can definitley be fixed! My own problem still persists and am at the verge of getting a complete transmission which is a very expensive venture!!! Any suggestion on how to fix this my transmission issue will be highly welcomed please house!!

i think u should get your car scanned. the codes will most likely give you a clue of the problem and probable solution. trial and error will cost you alot. find a competent benz garage that work wit diagnostic tool, they should be able to help you out of this wahala.
Re: Service B Indicators by koolmd: 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hello, the car is presently at a benz garage and it was scanned, it worked (selected) for just the test drive and it failed again. Now, the technician says i have to buy a new transmission, please anyone help. I live in PHC and this is really bordering me apart from the inconvenience and the money that is going into this repair!!

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna-pros And Cons / Want To Refurbish My 1996 Model Toyota Camry - Any Ideas? / My C220 Sometimes Stops Abrutly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.