Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,591 members, 7,944,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

BMW issues: (COJA) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW issues: (COJA) (3949 Views)

2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? / Man Smashes His £100,000 BMW M6 In Protest About Car’s Reliability / Bmw 320i Little Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BMW issues: (COJA) by olu2000: 9:59am On Sep 01, 2012
what are the peculiar issues with BMW coja. pls advise
Re: BMW issues: (COJA) by bobbymore: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2012
Issues with the COJA is bad mechanics and lack of where to buy affordable parts in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: BMW issues: (COJA) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
What's a COJA?
Re: BMW issues: (COJA) by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 03, 2012
Its the E60 Bmw 5series...google it.
Re: BMW issues: (COJA) by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 04, 2012
Okay, I know E60 but where did COJA come from?
Re: BMW issues: (COJA) by yungboss(m): 6:00am On Sep 04, 2012
Somorin#1:
Okay, I know E60 but where did COJA come from?
see this link www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/allaccess/business/10908204757.htm. I think you should get clarification. Coscharis sponsored the 8th all african games COJA in 2003, through its bmw cars, the 3series line up.
see editorial below:

How the BMW Deal Was Struck

By Dike Onwuamaeze
Monday, September 08, 2003

Coscharis Motors explains its side of the controversial BMW sponsorship of the 8th All African Games

Coscharis Motors Limited, the sole marketer of BMW in Nigeria, has explained its deal with COJA over BMW cars which was recently a subject of controversy. The company which had called a press conference, refuted insinuations that the deal was meant to deny indigenous automobile manufacturers, especially Peugeot Automobiles of Nigeria, PAN, good businesses.

Amos Adamu, chief executive officer of COJA, said such insinuations were being peddled by contractors, who lost the opportunity of milking the Federal Government dry. "I am not distracted by such controversies because I have a focus which I am pursuing with vigour," said Adamu, who explained that the 8th All African Games was the high point of his career as a sports administrator. "The games is the ultimate of my career and I have made a solemn vow to put in everything to make it successful so that I will feel professionally fulfilled in my career."

Adamu said PAN's failure to make out a deal from its two years negotiation with COJA was its own making and urged the assembly plant to brace up to the challenges of the changing face of the Nigerian economy which is driven by market forces. He also disclosed that COJA knocked at the doors of many automobile manufacturers before settling for BMW. Among the manufacturers contacted was Kia Motors of South Korea. He said many automobile firms failed to clinch the deal due to their insistence that COJA should pay cash for the cars it needed.

Stressing that there was no shady deal with BMW, Adamu said, "My conscience is clear and I can stand up to defend this BMW sponsorship. Even the managing director of PAN admitted to me that Peugeot is not paid for releasing 500 units of its products to sponsor tennis tournament annually in France. "I needed a sponsorship that will benefit Nigeria, which I found in BMW and grasped with both hands."

BMW AG of Germany offered COJA a business deal that puts 900 units of its product at its disposal without a kobo cost to the organising body. BMW also offered COJA $1.5 million financial support.

Adamu also refuted the argument that BMW sponsorship was contrived in such a way that denied the Federal Government revenue. Said he: "It is a protocol agreement that every sponsorship material comes in duty-free as part of the host government's guarantee for hosting the sporting events. So don't let us exhibit ignorance."

Commenting on the openness of the sponsorship bid, Emeka Inyama, COJA's marketing general manager, said sponsorship was not done by bidding but in such a way that permits the first person to come with an appealing deal to take it once it is signed. Inyama explained that sponsorship is exploitation of marketing opportunities for better returns.

According to Axel Schmitz, BMW area manager for Africa and the Caribbean, the hosting of the 8th All African Games in Nigeria present a perfect opportunity to establish BMW as a major brand in Nigeria's automobile market. Said he: "We are proud to be part of the games which we consider a rare strategic opportunity to develop our presence in Africa generally and Nigeria in particular. "He said the COJA sponsorship was a chance for BMW to stabilise its stay in Nigeria and showcase to customers its competence in after-sales services and reasonable price for a premium product. "I am glad BMW has gotten the chance to sponsor a major event in Nigeria that will attract visitors from 53 African nations," says Schimitz.

Cosmas Maduka, president of Coscharis Motors, said his firm's sponsorship was driven by business advantages which their competitors failed to see. These advantages, he said, are realisable both in the short and long run.

He said Coscharis Motors was not being shortsighted in embarking on this sponsorship, but looking down the road for an investment for the future.

Dismissing the controversy that trailed BMW sponsorship as the handiwork of those who want to corner COJA as a captive market, Maduka urged Nigerians to develop our tourism sector by welcoming visitors nicely.

Coscharis Motors also used the press briefing to announce its raffle package that will give out a brand new BMW 3 series to an eventual winner. According to Josiah Samuel, a group-managing director of Coscharis Group, the winner will be picked among those who purchased a BMW from Coscharis Motors between September 2003 and February 2004. Other prizes to be won are a three-day holiday trip to Munich, Germany for 10 families that win the second prize, while those in third prize category will have a three-day relaxation at NICON Hilton Hotel Abuja. Consolation prices include mercury computers, and air-conditioners.
Re: BMW issues: (COJA) by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 04, 2012
platinumricky: Its the E60 Bmw 5series...google it.

wrong. E46

1 Like

Re: BMW issues: (COJA) by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 05, 2012
Okay so there is not a BMW model called COJA. But you Guys call a certain 3 series COJA, like you called Camry pencil, envelope, orobo, etc

This is important to me since the only BMW model that has ever had an alphabetical name was the Bavaria and only available in North America market.
Re: BMW issues: (COJA) by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 05, 2012
yea bmw didn't name it coja - Nigerians did

1 Like

Re: BMW issues: (COJA) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
micha3l:

wrong. E46
Thanks for the heads up.

(1) (Reply)

Windscreen Crack- Repair Or Replace? / Why Is Camry Aka Big Daddy 04-05 More Expensive Than EOD Same Year? / My Toyota Corolla 2007 Model (bank Type) Vibrates At Between 110 - 120km/h

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.