Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,811 members, 7,889,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:29 PM

Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil (1203 Views)

Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border / LIVE UPDATES On Anambra Supplementary Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by mekuslogan: 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2012
''Orient Petroleum chairman, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, speaking yesterday at the ceremony to kick-start his company’s oil refinery in Anambra State, Orient Petroleum chairman Chief Emeka Anyaoku said the controversy over ownership of the oil deposits has been resolved and that the ‘bulk’ of the deposits are within Anambra territory.

He however added that any state where oil was found and drilled by Orient Petroleum would be accorded due recognition.

“There was misconception that the oil well was not entirely in Anambra, that has been resolved through the map of Nigeria. Let me quickly state that the two oil blocks encompassed parts of Enugu, Kogi, Delta and Edo states but bulk of it is in Anambra,” Anyaoku said.

He said in addition to the private shareholders, other bodies that have shares in the company include Anambra, Rivers, Kogi and the 21 local government areas of the state.''

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10437:controversy-trails-anambra-oil-producing-state-status-we-own-oil-wells-kogi-says&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26

Hey, Anyaoku is the Chairman of orient Petroleum and his wife is Yoruba. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by eduson33(m): 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2012
madam abeg,mix peper soup and beans,add okporoko and kpomo.spray some stew if posible.no time for non profitable talkz
Re: Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2012
Yeah Mekus, i watched an interview he gave a few months ago (i think it was the Bisi Olatilo show) and was surprised to learn his wife is Yoruba. He said his people and her people were against the marriage at first; saying in jest how her people weren't happy she was marrying a kobo-kobo (first time i ever heard that one wink), while his people on the other hand were not happy he was marrying a Yoruba-Yoruba grin grin; but the marriage has gone from strength to strength, even to the extent that he was his Mother-in-laws favourite b/4 she passed on.

Business advice: if anyone has idle money laying around, and is looking for a secure investment, you couldn't do better than Orient petroleum at the moment, trust me.....all indications point to this company being a multi billion dollar venture in the next 5 to 10 years; so anytime there's a public offering, my candid advice would be to buy a stake in the company.

This is a company that is about to own a refinery, and bound to expand as the business grows; has a license to exploit/export crude; will soon delve into the 'gas' part of the business as well; could also go into processing other by products too numerous to mention; and it's not encumbered by the 'Nigerian factor' so the business can be run profitably.......the Rivers state gov't knew what it was doing when it bought a stake in the business. So all should watch this space for the next Nigerian success story. wink.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by asha80(m): 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Yeah Mekus, i watched an interview he gave a few months ago (i think it was the Bisi Olatilo show) and was surprised to learn his wife is Yoruba. He said his people and her people were against the marriage at first; saying in jest how her people weren't happy she was marrying a kobo-kobo (first time i ever heard that one wink), while his people on the other hand were not happy he was marrying a Yoruba-Yoruba grin grin; but the marriage has gone from strength to strength, even to the extent that he was his Mother-in-laws favourite b/4 she passed on.

Business advice: if anyone has idle money laying around, and is looking for a secure investment, you couldn't do better than Orient petroleum at the moment, trust me.....all indications point to this company being a multi billion dollar venture in the next 5 to 10 years; so anytime there's a public offering, my candid advice would be to buy a stake in the company.

This is a company that is about to own a refinery, and bound to expand as the business grows; has a license to exploit/export crude; will soon delve into the 'gas' part of the business as well; could also go into processing other by products too numerous to mention; and it's not encumbered by the 'Nigerian factor' so the business can be run profitably.......[b]the Rivers state gov't knew what it was doing when it bought a stake in the busine[/b]ss. So all should watch this space for the next Nigerian success story. wink.

are you sure about that?
Re: Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by mekuslogan: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
asha 80:

are you sure about that?

How do you mean? Yes Rivers own shares in the company as is Kogi. Read op
Re: Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by mekuslogan: 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

This is a company that is about to own a refinery, and bound to expand as the business grows; has a license to exploit/export crude; will soon delve into the 'gas' part of the business as well; could also go into processing other by products too numerous to mention; and it's not encumbered by the 'Nigerian factor' so the business can be run profitably.......the Rivers state gov't knew what it was doing when it bought a stake in the business. So all should watch this space for the next Nigerian success story. wink.

If Anyaoku cannot bring Igbos and Yorubas together, then I guess no one else can. Another heavy Igbo man with a Yoruba wife is Prof. Chukwuemeka Ike, former WAEC head and now Igwe of his community in Anambra State.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2012
asha 80:

are you sure about that?

^^^Yeah Asha.....refer back to some of the past threads on the Presidents recent visit and commissioning of the company, and you'll see where the major stakeholders in the company were mentioned; i think Kogi state Gov't was mentioned as well.

I'm using my phone to browse so can't find and copy the link that easily.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by mekuslogan: 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Yeah Asha.....refer back to some of the past threads on the Presidents recent visit and commissioning of the company, and you'll see where the major stakeholders in the company were mentioned; i think Kogi state Gov't was mentioned as well.

I'm using my phone to browse so can't find and copy the link that easily.

It is clearly indicated in my first post, the original post in this thread
Re: Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by asha80(m): 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2012
mekuslogan:

It is clearly indicated in my first post, the original post in this thread

hmm it seems orient petroleum is not playing then.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku On Anambra Oil by Dainfamous: 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
yoruba girls loves us too much cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Flood Report From The Banks Of River Benue! / CBN And AMCON Disagree Over Barred Debtors / Off The Hook: Femi Otedola Fully Settles His N141billion Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.