Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,083 members, 7,977,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:14 PM

Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law (1911 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Do Mothers-In-law Have A Say In Wedding Preparation? / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by wisyno(m): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2008
I have really been wondering why this is common even when the mother-in-law is nice to other people. We all know that a mother is the first girl in the life of every man, so maybe the mothers always feel that one girl that just pops out of nowhere wants to take their ''baby boy'' from them for life, so they unconciously become hostile to the lady. This has made some ladies to vow never to get married to a guy whose mother is still alive.  This is not nice because they hope to be mothers-in-law someday & not to be dead before their sons get married. Please I will like to get various opinions on this issue. How una see am?
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by Busta(f): 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2008
Mother-in-law worry thier daughters-in-law?
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2008
I don't know for them. After all they are all in-law!
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by adekennis(m): 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2008
in law------ lawyer grin grin
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by mamaput(f): 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2008
because they just cannot let go.
They still want to rule the house of their son all the way from their own home.
One would think they should have other things to attend to.
they want the wife to do every thing just their way.
when daughter in law is fed up and fights back, they cannot take it.
thats when they now declare war
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by jesuseun1(m): 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2008
i think is just natural,when this happens,the man must be very sensitive to this and handle it with maturity or else it could lead to some thing else.H e must be able to present the wife well to d mother and must consciously show that he love her even if she has some weakness. and he must not never give an impression to his wife that his mother is a problem.but if he fails to handle it maturely by reporting his wife to his mother,he is given his mother more power to control his home and might affect the self esteem of the innocent wife and might lead to the collapse of the home,which is what is happening in a lots of homes now.God should just help us.
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by Zeebu(f): 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2008
it's mere jealousy, because mother in-laws feels that once their son gets married, the love and attention they usually get from their son will be diverted to the wife shocked
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by Dreloaded(f): 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2008
Doesnt happen if the guy makes it clear to his mom that his wife deserves respect but when you have a mama's boy who always cries to his mother about his wife, how else should the wife treat the woman?
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by skimpychick(f): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
I think its mere jealousy like zeebu said. They feel they r old especially wen d mil is the type dt painted d town red during her young days. D sons wife shld ask for d wisdom of God. Dnt get too close, dnt be too far. Respect her as a mother afterall u ave a mother too. Remember wat goes around comes around.
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by Oppypoppy: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
Most men should drop thier mom's breast and be the man of thier homes. most men are mama's boys and give way for thier moms to control thier homes and frustrate thier innocent wives.
Re: Why Do Mothers-in-law Always Worry Their Daughters-in-law by chayooh(f): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
It's basically insecurity. They want to assert themselves as being the first woman in their son's life and will do anything to make sure that the wife takes some notes on who the "boss" is.
I remember when my husband's mum came after I had my child He would ask if I wanted him to buy for instance orange and pineapple juice as usual and she would say no "you people are consuming too much sugar, or no I want mango juice" and he would either not get any at all or get ONLY mango juice. And she has this "Are you a learner?" look on her face.
Like most people have said tho men should untie themselves from their mother's apron strings and MAN up; not supporting the wife when she is wrong but protecting her from being "downtrodden".

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Wants Me To Denounce My Family / Unlucky Couple / Help: What Can I Buy For My Hubby For Valentine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.