Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,255 members, 7,939,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

Does Healing By Laying Of Hands By Elders In Church Still Exist?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Healing By Laying Of Hands By Elders In Church Still Exist?? (817 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Healing By Laying Of Hands By Elders In Church Still Exist?? by onyxo76(m): 7:48am On Sep 02, 2012
Being a health care provider i usually have to skip church on certain sundays to attend to patients at work.
One thing i usually notice is that a large number of people dressed for church come for simple cases of cold, catarrh
malaria , headache etc..while on their way to attend service.
The number doubles in the afternoon when they are returning from church to complain of the above symptoms. Being a christain
i wonder if people still believe in healing by laying of hands by elders and annoiting those who are sick with oil as taught in the scriptures.
If you went to service with headache and came back to complain in the hospital afterwards does it mean that the fellow has little faith?
Nairalanders opinion and comments will be appreciated.
Re: Does Healing By Laying Of Hands By Elders In Church Still Exist?? by yemisolar(m): 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
first of all, the scripture in Jmes that talks about laying on of hands is talkiong about baby christians. this is because the elder is supposed to be mature enough to believe in God by himself. the place of maturity is what every believer is suppposed to get to with the aid of the five fold ministry.

now back to the question, there are so many reasons why this is happening;
one is that most churches are not preaching healing and consequently and are not experiencing it. the congregation are also not iencouraged to believe God.
second is ; believe it or not it is easier stop over and take drugs than to have faith in God for healing. christians are so carnal minded and want everything including healing that we cannot waith on God for it.

the bottom line is for people to know God by themselves and stretch out their faith on little things thereby strenghtening their belief in God
Re: Does Healing By Laying Of Hands By Elders In Church Still Exist?? by Joagbaje(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2012
it depends on the kind of church. healings does take place every service in our church and some others but churches where such faith is not taught hardly experience such. people have to know, believe and act to experience healing
Re: Does Healing By Laying Of Hands By Elders In Church Still Exist?? by onyxo76(m): 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2012
very good replies from both of you. i really like the can't afford to wait on God for the healing statement.our faith as christians is really shaky if we can't experience healing from simple conditions such as headache.I guess it all boils down to belief. Some believe that unless they take drugs that they can't be ok, i read somewhere that Pst Adeboye of RCCG has not taken a single tablet for several years now yet is enjoying good and sound health.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Cele And Cherubim Pray With Candle ? / Stop Calling Pastors Fraud! Truth Exposed / The Book Of Hebrews, Your Views Please....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.