Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,345 members, 7,881,281 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:46 PM

Does Looks Matter In A Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Looks Matter In A Relationship (14577 Views)

Does Looks Matter In A Relationship?? / Do Looks Matter In Relationship? / Does Your Denomination Really Matter In Your Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Whobedatte(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2012
Soo_cool™:
Bros, man no need to fine to get babe! Na women go dey worry about dat one
weytin man need , na "fat bank account, that leads to an ATM..
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Acidosis(m): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2012
Beauty is the beauty of love.. without it, no love..
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Hilaskee(m): 10:14am On Sep 03, 2012
Looks' boost Love...
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by seedord247(m): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

what you do is you keep such person as a FRIEND, as there is nothing that connects you guys romantically.

HELL YEAH!!!!!
physical attraction is not the most important thing in a r/ship but i doubt you can/should do without it either........unless you want to kiss and probably wake up next to a donkey for the rest of your life.

physical attraction should be what FIRST gets you guys noticing one another. then after scrapping the surface, you would discover stuff about this person that will make you dig him/her even further. along the way you will fall madly in love with that person as a whole, and that mad love will help you greatly when he/she loses their fantastic looks/body etc............... as now you would know so much about this great lady/man that their look wouldnt matter any longer.

Sir, all these motion u stated does not relate to fellas looking for green card.... I know so many handsome naija boyz in houston texas dating 55 yrs obesity woman for GC. They are even proud to walk them out and also post their pics on facebook. shocked
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Mckayzee(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2012
dontador: If look matters den i won't possibly be dating one of the most beautiful girls around my hood, cos am a true definition of ugliness..... Even a child dat can't speak properly after seeing me will shout ugly..... So all am saying is dat looks does not matter in a relationship once there is the feeling den you are good to go.... E.g : if look matters den my parents ought to be single by nw....
wtf!!
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by blackbeau1(f): 10:47am On Sep 03, 2012
yes it does but it shouldnt be the basis. its important because if you date an ugly person,after a few years, you may end up admiring every other person that passes by and thats a temptation that should be avoided.
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 03, 2012
http:
Yea, i got your points, but what happen to those physically unattractive? they should go and hug transfomer abi? i know only God creates while we sit here and talk about people as if we created ourselves... Abegi! Ugliness Has Come to stay... grin

so because "some" people out there may be unattractive, we should suddenly date for PITY?! if someone is unattractive then they should go and ask baba God for answers, but expecting the public to date them simply because they are God's children is a JOKE!
unattractive people will feel comfortable with equally unattractive people.

seedord247:
Sir, all these motion u stated does not relate to fellas looking for green card.... I know so many handsome naija boyz in houston texas dating 55 yrs obesity woman for GC. They are even proud to walk them out and also post their pics on facebook. shocked

i am sorry but what does people looking for green card got to do with this thread?! did i miss something?!
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by timilehing(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2012
U must be attracted by sumtin either way. Money or look
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2012
Yes, of course. Looks matter in a relationship, but its not necessarily the driving force of a relationship. Could you have imagined someone like Jay-Z marrying Beyonce? If you see Taye Taiwo babe ehn? You go 'twaleh' for Baba God.
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by nekaa(f): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2012
I av dis fears too, now am actuali scared to date very cute guys cos I cant stop asking "what is it u see in me?". My frnds suggest I shld strt feeling gud abt maslf 1st, else I would feel insecure abt all my relatnshps.
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Dubemkelly(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2012
Outlook does matter cos it attracts d heart 1st b4 anyoda fin,little u wonder y pretty gurls get d vibes on a man @ 1st sight....I luv dem pretty
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by MrsChima1(f): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2012
Godmother: What do you do when you meet someone great but u feel no attraction to the person whatsoever, not emotionally, physically or otherwise.

Does it really matter what a person looks like?

Everyone have different preferences in what they look for in a mate regards to appearances. However, how well a person take care themselves in all aspects is more important.

A man can be physically attractive in term of fitness but his hygiene, emotional, and mental, and social look isn't up to par. It is also about what the person place as high priority..young people tend to put physical look the highest, older people tend to put stability look the highest, and mature people regardless of age tend to put social look the highest.

It is all about what is more important to you now if you are a short thinker and more important to you in the long run if you are a long thinker....i like longevity so i tend to focus more so on mental, emotional, and social look. If all three are sound then everything else falls in place naturally. Yes, I have dated ugly men with sound mental, emotional, and social look.

2 Likes

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Soulcaine(m): 11:09am On Sep 03, 2012
elari: I better remain single than date an ugly duckling.

be careful what u wish for. The ugly duckling ended up being a swan, the most beautiful of birds.
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by oraclefemi(m): 11:13am On Sep 03, 2012
Yes it does even if we fail to admit the truth sometimes , how did you notice your partner in the first place?
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2012
Soul_caine:
be careful what u wish for. The ugly duckling ended up being a swan, the most beautiful of birds.

stop reading BS fairy tales stories, and start living in the real world!
as much as many ugly people could be great on the inside, i doubt they will turn into a good looking person, in the long run (it only happens in movies).
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2012
Tall(above 6ft),good physique,I don't mind the complexion and handsome that's my choice.anything less than that..... HELL NO!
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by free2ryhme: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2012
Godmother: What do you do when you meet someone great but u feel no attraction to the person whatsoever, not emotionally, physically or otherwise.

Does it really matter what a person looks like?

Will you marry worwor? Woman are so particular about looks dat if you are not a fine boi .. they will not look at your face .. except the babe no get hope for any guy or old age don dey come na dat tim she go manage anything wey come her way
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 03, 2012
nekaa: I av dis fears too, now am actuali scared to date very cute guys cos I cant stop asking "what is it u see in me?". My frnds suggest I shld strt feeling gud abt maslf 1st, else I would feel insecure abt all my relatnshps.

Don't worry, you can give me your number, i'll see what i can do. cheesy
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2012
A person has to appeaal to you physically before any other way. Yes looks matter.
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by dontador(m): 11:33am On Sep 03, 2012
Mckayzee:
wtf!!
Wots so fucking about my post?
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Acidosis(m): 11:33am On Sep 03, 2012
berem: Tall(above 6ft),good physique,I don't mind the complexion and handsome that's my choice.anything less than that..... HELL NO!

are you looking for someone to compliment your shortness height ? grin grin grin
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2012
Nice Thread. smiley
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by freecocoa(f): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

i am sorry but what does people looking for green card got to do with this thread?! did i miss something?!
Yeah you missed the fact that he is a very big olodo who can't read let alone comprehend cheesy

Btw are we cool?
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by ChrisGnarly: 11:43am On Sep 03, 2012
My big brother it matter oo. What even attract u in d first place? Is it nt d physical appearance? If u dont like d physical appearance he/she will nt actract u. Though one man food might be another man's poison sha.
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by bbporsche: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2012
All d guys screaming I can't marry an ugly girl bla bla bla...r u tryin to say dat ugly girls hav got ‎​№ hope of being in a fulfilled r/ship because they r ugly? Most of u will still end up with ugly girls sha*tongue out*
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 03, 2012
freecocoa: Yeah you missed the fact that he is a very big olodo who can't read let alone comprehend cheesy

Btw are we cool?

si senorita, we are extra cool........ why did you ask that? oh wait let me check my mail!
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by freecocoa(f): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

si senorita, we are extra cool........ why did you ask that? oh wait let me check my mail!
Aight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Short Skirt/dress Or Bum Short- Which Is Sexier (pic) / I Lost My Virginity To A Prostitude / Whats With Akwa Ibom Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.