Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,104 members, 7,877,096 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 12:20 PM

Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? (2605 Views)

Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Todays Devotion (turning Obstacles To Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2012
tobechi74: MIRACLES ARE EVENT THAT VIOLATE THE LAW OF NATURE
e.g 10 plagues by moses
pregnancy of mary
christ resurection
a statue shedin blood
a picture crying

but how can you prove this now? any real life event that matches those, bring it let us see
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2012
thehomer:

I'm skeptical about this claim of a blind person having perfect sight by using sound alone. Do you have some evidence to back up this claim?

this aint it though but something similar
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7651147/Blind-boy-learns-how-to-see-using-dolphin-technique.html

Also check this link and ask if thats a miracle or just freak of science

http://www.neatorama.com/2008/09/05/10-most-fascinating-savants-in-the-world/
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 04, 2012
thehomer:

I'm skeptical about this claim of a blind person having perfect sight by using sound alone. Do you have some evidence to back up this claim?

Ok i found it

The Boy with Sonar Vision (Ben Underwood)
Ben Underwood taught is blind, both of his eyes were removed (cancer) when he was 3. Yet, he plays basketball, rides on a bicycle, and lives a quite normal life. He taught himself to use echo location to navigate around the world. With no guide-dogs, he doesn't even need hands: he uses sound. Ben makes a short click sound that bounces back from objects. Amazingly, his ears pick up the ecos to let him know where the objects are. He's the only person in the world who sees using nothing but eco location, like a sonar or a dolphin.

check more here http://www.oddee.com/item_91848.aspx
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by tobechi74: 9:16am On Sep 04, 2012
diluminati:

but how can you prove this now? any real life event that matches those, bring it let us see

are u not aware of the statue of MARY and d cros of JESUS dat shed blood.? It even hapend in naijeria
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by mkmyers45(m): 9:32am On Sep 04, 2012
tobechi74:

are u not aware of the statue of MARY and d cros of JESUS dat shed blood.? It even hapend in naijeria

Bloody Lie
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by LongOne1(m): 11:23am On Sep 04, 2012
Delafruita:
i already answered her question.perhaps i should transcribe it into plain english:THE ONLY SCIENCE BEHIND ODESHI IS THE SCIENCE OF THE gOds

Phew, that wasn’t so hard, or was it? Instead of answering a question with another question, like some people I know.

@ Topic, with respect to miracles, most of the attempts I have read about or watched on TV usually involved some sort of Alien theory. For example, the good book’s case of the walls of Jericho coming down was attributed to sound-wave (LRAD) technology. They said an Alien race may have taught ancient man this only recently discovered technology.
In addition, concerning the parting of the red sea, they said crosswinds may have been responsible.

Notice, in both cases, they didn’t deny these unusual occurrences, rather, they looked for an explanation. I guess their laws are parallel to each other, as science can be repeated through proven methods/procedures, whereas the other (odeshi) usually works for some, but fails terribly for others.

Jenwitemi: Now, there are two states in existence, The NATURAL STATE and the SUB-NATURAL STATE. We humans are existing in a sub-natural state so everything that happens naturally in front of us we think is super-natural and a miracle. There is no such thing as the "super-natural". The sub-natural state we humans find ourselves us term makes every natural events as super-natural and miracles.

God is a natural entity not supernatural one and everything it does is natural. When we humans, with our science, have evolved high enough to leave the subnatural state of existence and return back to the natural state of being that we once were in, we would be able to understand and resonate better with the creator

Interesting perspective, but not so much different from occultic schools of thought, which believe Man can attain Godhood through personal/collective enlightenment.

Unfortunately, practitioners of these mystery religions often die without attaining this status. Which naturally leads one to believe it’s another scheme of you-know-who to confuse and mislead man.
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by saintvc(m): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by mkmyers45(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2012
saintvc:

www.nairaland.com/25239/photo-bleed

www.crystalinks.com/weeping statues

ROFL....thats a bleeding statue eh? God did make a statue bleed for what reason? so people could worship it? Dude grow up...Cant you differentiate between work of man and god?
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by thehomer: 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2012
diluminati:

this aint it though but something similar
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7651147/Blind-boy-learns-how-to-see-using-dolphin-technique.html

Also check this link and ask if thats a miracle or just freak of science

http://www.neatorama.com/2008/09/05/10-most-fascinating-savants-in-the-world/

Its all interesting but I don't think they would qualify as religious miracles.
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by thehomer: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
diluminati:

Ok i found it

The Boy with Sonar Vision (Ben Underwood)
Ben Underwood taught is blind, both of his eyes were removed (cancer) when he was 3. Yet, he plays basketball, rides on a bicycle, and lives a quite normal life. He taught himself to use echo location to navigate around the world. With no guide-dogs, he doesn't even need hands: he uses sound. Ben makes a short click sound that bounces back from objects. Amazingly, his ears pick up the ecos to let him know where the objects are. He's the only person in the world who sees using nothing but eco location, like a sonar or a dolphin.

check more here http://www.oddee.com/item_91848.aspx

While those are impressive feats, I don't think that the qualify as perfect sight though.
Re: Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
Long One:

They said an Alien race may have taught ancient man
some fled from God and now trapped in alien beings. when will this delusion end

(1) (2) (Reply)

As God Said It Must Be Done - The Temple Of The Most High God / Doesn't The Children Count? (An atheist question) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Photo With Heavy Armoured Security Sparks Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.