Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,657 members, 7,951,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk (16275 Views)

I Want To Buy A Car Chasis Scrap/junk *NO ENGINE* *IN NIGERIA* / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by slimming: 10:31am On Sep 04, 2012
We need something like this that will allow our people to go to farm with helicopters and carriage load too. it will surely be a great beginning for Africa.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by bilms(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2012
no be lie ooo.............lol
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by daywatcher: 11:47am On Sep 04, 2012
the problem is that we are so accustomed to seeing better version of things that we instinctively dismiss anything made by a Nigerian
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by Jyde89: 11:47am On Sep 04, 2012
pDude:

Do I look like a mechanic?
No, and you can never be; the only thing people like you can invent is criticism and insult..... smh
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by shadeltec: 11:48am On Sep 04, 2012
Great work, please work more on this project. People should come out and help him so that he can make cheap danfolicopter that is safe and affordable. It may be the best means of transport and a future transportation mode since we are never going to have good roads in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by engrj(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2012
The guy and his friends should fly with it let see grin {dey should show us example}
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by ijebugarri1: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2012
Nice one joor, the mallam try but what's the weight it can carry? Assuming we pack it with 10 bags of G4 aka cassava flakes, can it be able to still fly higher?, I believe this will assist to know how high it can fly
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by mkmyers45(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2012
pDude: [/b]

That one na helicopter? Mtschewww!

pDude:

Stop Hating and do something news worthy...
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by lillyveezy: 11:52am On Sep 04, 2012
At least the guy engaged his brain productively.Rather than C d gud in it,all bad belle Nlanders are busy bad mouthing d invention.
@Mod,plz acid-laced comments ought to be banned!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by Jyde89: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2012
pDude:

What language is this? Is this tripe your best attempt at English language? Omase o!

Product of the Nigerian educational system. sad
sory o, man wey study 4 heaven grammer school, upon all your qualification's; how have you impacted your area not to talk of your generation, na peson wey no reach you for age de do better for im kontiri, all u de do na to blow grammer and find peson wey no blow am well..... Idiat.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2012
Am saddened how people make mockery of this awe-inspiring creativity!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by mcevans1(m): 11:57am On Sep 04, 2012

Ppl lyk you suck! Absolute waste of s-p-e-r-m!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2012
Let's see a picture of the helicopter flying.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by drzed: 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
pDude:

No you are not. But based on your way of thinking, even calling you a mechanic would be an insult to mechanics. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by AjanleKoko: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
Not a bad effort.
The likes of Innoson should hire someone like him, he seems to have a lot of self-taught knowledge in automotive design. He might be able to do some good work for them.

Or if he can get a sponsor, he can go study aerospace engineering somewhere outside Nigeria, end up working in a Lockheed, Boeing, Embraer, etc.
Kudos altogether.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by bilms(m): 12:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
some people are just addict of criticizing anything Nigerians..They are programmed to hate..
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by gbadexy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2012
The black man has potential only that majority of them are programmed to be primitive.
It may sound like an insult but it is really annoying why we haven't made any worthwhile scientific achievement.
Africans in western countries make great impact and compete with the whites in terms of technological achievement but were they to be in africa, they would be another entertainer with junks amusing people. What's the thing with the african environment?
If this young man continues and he uses lighter metal alloy and bigger engine, he would be able to fly higher and longer and subsequent version would include applications not included in the former one.
Even the inoson should have been supplying the country and african countries by now, to people that said he is scavenging and assembling parts, that was how japan started after the second world war and they have made major improvement.
There are so many great innovations in the country that just needs finance and invitation of foreign technical advice to make them functioning, like a man in enugu that fabricated mini power plant using coal powered steam engine that served a building and welding set. All it takes is for such project to be done on large scale and the government can get foreign consultants to put him through instead of spending billions on some foreign firms.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by akereconfi: 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
Kudos tu d aboki buh Make that aboki no fly that tin pass on top my roof o........ah no wan hear May Day o. Helicopter ko Chopper ni
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by tjmikoyo: 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
naija get talent o. I pray oyinbo no go snatch the boy away
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by Britzdon(m): 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
Good for us,i'm really proud of Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by alphaconde(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2012
I comment my reserve
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by macnuel: 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
Kobojunkie: The story is about 5 years old and it was never reported even then that the helicopter safely flew even one mission. undecided undecided undecided

That's true. This is just old news refined. Tell us some new thing.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by Ess: 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
This is old news indeed but the guy has gone places after that. He went to further his studies in mechanics in London for 1-2yrs and he is now back with sooo much on his mind. He has opened a giant garage where they fix cars, gens, handsets and other such gadgets. Im not sure if he is undergoing any new helicopter project but im sure he will not stop in achieving his dreams. His dad is in full support of him and he has gotten some form of assistance from the state govt also. I happen to be a friend to his elder brother! b4 NLders start asking for source. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by AjanleKoko: 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ess: This is old news indeed but the guy has gone places after that. He went to further his studies in mechanics in London for 1-2yrs and he is now back with sooo much on his mind. He has opened a giant garage where they fix cars, gens, handsets and other such gadgets. Im not sure if he is undergoing any new helicopter project but im sure he will not stop in achieving his dreams. His dad is in full support of him and he has gotten some form of assistance from the state govt also. I happen to be a friend to his elder brother! b4 NLders start asking for source. grin

Fantastic news wink
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
This guy will be a great asset to Boko-Haram, they can take their attacks to the skies grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by theunusualmoon(m): 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2012
IF ONLY BOKO HARAM COULD CHANNEL THEIR ENERGY TOWARD THE RIGHT THING......IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE BOKO HARAM HELICOPTERS NIGERIA INSTEAD OF BOKO HARAM-ALL I WANNA DO IS KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by LarryTreash(m): 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
Dis is "KEKE CHOPER" nice bt dnt fly it across my hause abeg
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by INAHJOSEP(m): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2012

bad belle
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by oraclefemi(m): 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
pDude:

no you don't look like a mechanics but you look like the kind of person that destroys other peoples dreams...
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by DAVE5(m): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2012
Itz so sad he's a nigerian cos after a lil while he wld bcom so irrelevant, sowie dude u cld hav asked God to send u to yankie countries at birth, but u chose naija embarassed
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by Homebaked: 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2012
Great efforts! I hope the ministry of science and technology will be interested this time. People with this kind of aptitude are seldom encouraged in this country. Its a shame that our technology institutions roll out graduates every year and yet simple razor blades are manufactured abroad. We like to don suit, affix Engr to our names and then run for elective offices. Very sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let's Build A Car / Watch How 35 Firefighters Struggled To Tackle A Large Fire From A Burning Tesla / Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.