Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,463 members, 7,908,336 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:01 AM

New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers (21405 Views)

Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp / Picture Of Corpers (ladies) Fighting / FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by thomasonih: 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
Good move !!!. We are already feeling the directive in my sector. The implication is more permanent jobs for the thousands of graduates instead of the year in year out one year stipend the graduates are being paid through NYSC.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Pakavy(m): 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
anitank:
Not good!!! We are not complaining if they 'use' us for cheap labour. Atleast those companies pay reasonable amounts to corpers. Most of them (not all) retain those corpers because they won't want to go thru d stress of recruiting new staff and then training them all over again. The 'STATE' school I was posted to said they won't pay me a dime! And Lagos state is paying only 600 corpers out of abt 5000(Batch B). People like me are left to manage just that miserable 19,800k for transportation, feeding,toiletries etc. Now tell me if they're still in d right direction??
how much was ur allowance during ur undag days?!
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
gboss4sure:

1. Don't Make Seun Angry.

2. Don't Make Mukina or any of the mods Angry especially Mukina.

3. Don't mention *Garri*

If you can keep to these 3 rule you are good to go
lmao!!
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by ujchief(m): 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
The new posting policy has its pros and cons.
The education sector is not restricted to secondary schools alone. In my state, corpers are posted to the 2 universities, polytechnic, college of education, research institute, nursing school etc.
Rural and infrastructure is undefined, and the rate of rejection is alarming.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Panshow(m): 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2012
omaigala: I am new on nairaland, pls what are the prons and cons associated with this forum?
If you want to know the price of gharri, please visit a near by market.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2012
Having long concluded my service year (thankfully), I think this directive is a step in the right direction. . .bearing in mind that, as the state coordinator rightly pointed out, the NYSC was not conceived as an internship scheme.

Besides, this cheap labour argument is very very valid indeed. . .(I am a bit guilty of it too). Many SMEs and even a number of big companies don't bother employing too many post-NYSC graduates since they can easily get qualified corpers (according to their desired specifications), paying as low as N15k to N30k/month in most cases for their services.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by dnawah(m): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
Dis Guy: This has been on since like April, and its being enforced with the current Batch B

what does Rural Infrastructural Development entails?
grin
Dis Guy: This has been on since like April, and its being enforced with the current Batch B

what does Rural Infrastructural Development entails?
the village heads will start 2 give out lands 4 corpers 2 farm:-D
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Ehimax(m): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
jhydebaba: Can't you see that's the reason majority of graduates are jobless. If these companies employ you now (pay you stipend) after a year you will be in the labour marker because they will be recruiting fresh corpers. So you join our league (unemployed).
Let's rise up and fight capitalist spirit out of Nigeria. BTW, you should be grateful for what the government is paying you, if I should tell you what I received as a corp member eh?
makes alot of sense.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Emekamex(m): 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2012
Clueless govt. They are just making garri expensive.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by hardywaltz(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
Kia, I'm tired of laffing...... Nairaland una no go kill person
I think Seun miscalculated by banning the leader of 'Free Gar*i Movement' and to be honest I think I might join that now growing G4 movement

2 Likes

Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by naughtyboi419(m): 9:12pm On Sep 04, 2012
Mke dem wait na mke I finish schl 1st joor b4 dem implement am o
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by naughtyboi419(m): 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
he village heads will start 2 give out lands 4 corpers 2 farm:-D e 4 mke sense self empolyed grin

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Kenistry(m): 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
thomasonih: Good move !!!. We are already feeling the directive in my sector. The implication is more permanent jobs for the thousands of graduates instead of the year in year out one year stipend the graduates are being paid through NYSC.
really?
Which sector is dat? Please trow more light on it cos we r producin more unemployed graduates year in, year out
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by hydeekam: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2012
So my pple out of these four options now which 1 be the best cos me I'm waiting for this next batch C . So that I will work it out.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by floridam(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2012
Are u sure this policy is not again meant for the children of the poor and the 'non-long-legged-people'?
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Ekiti1: 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2012
hardywaltz: Kia, I'm tired of laffing...... Nairaland una no go kill person
I think Seun miscalculated by banning the leader of 'Free Gar*i Movement' and to be honest I think I might join that now growing G4 movement
Chei. I fink say na only me. I laff so tey I dey roll for rug.
The Garri ministry is really moving to their permanent site.
Seun, This is a lesson for u, the forbidden fruit is ........ (complete am)
I stopped posting on NL bt made an exception here because this thread is so so (o la la)
**starts looking for the logut button**
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by 175(m): 10:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
a1solution: In this case mass comm. graduates will be posted to farm so they can be communicating with cassava

My earnest prayer is dat ur communication with cassava will help us reduce d price of garri.
One garri!
One nation!
One Garriland!
God bless our President Ebamma, GCFR
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Zhul001(m): 10:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
searay:
A. Beware of the following persons:
1. Seun- his royal highness of NL
2. Mukina- ??
3. Sexkillz ??
4. Ikenna351??
B. Beware of this word g - A - R - r - I
Finally, remember that freedom of speech/ opinion was killed here.
Lmaoooo.....
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by chuquiz(m): 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2012
mimikevin: I hate dis their new rule.why didn't dey wait 4 me 2 start b4 they start 2 implement it...msheww and 2 make it worse lagos state govt don't pay copers a dine except d federal govt allawe
you are misinformed!
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2012
This new posting policy sucks for those who can't define the meaning of service
it also sucks for those who had high expectations and plans to work themselves to choice states grin grin

for once let us have the right attitude towards the NYSC.
have they gotten everything right? certainly not
can they ever get it right? nothing is impossible grin grin

Whatever happens do your time of service and move on.
its just one year people, if you get depressed, you will miss out on a whole lotta subtle benefits.

Under the sun and in the rain
with dedication and selflessness
Nigeria's call Nigeria we serve.

lets be patriotic grin grin grin grin
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by DAVE5(m): 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2012
Last time I checked patriotism was missin from d naija dictionary, but wait ohh ; so I go con go do either nwa teacher work, yam harvesting or laborer for 1 idiotik village by d end of dis yia lipsrsealed undecided , kai c phuck up
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Trendytessy(f): 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
wat does Garri rily mean in Nairaland?
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Abbott(m): 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2012
Trendytessy: wat does Garri rily mean in Nairaland?

Simply, garri is the Nairaland's national index to measure the positive impact of any news on the free and good citizens of this great country.
It is the nationally agreed measurement for poverty level. IOW, all poor people can afford garri in the worst case scenario
Does the new NYSC policy reduce the price of garri in the market? Ans. No. Therefore, value of news = 0.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by smudge2079(m): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2012
who d hell is Seun mtchewwww. Garri garri G-a -r-r-i . 9ijerians, una 2 dey feai. I only fear God. Nt one owner or a fuckin moderator. Yeye dey smell. Pls note: na smal thing dey vex me.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 05, 2012
So Mr Goodluck you mean to say that corpers are suppose to be suffer heads....they beta go and find out the price of GARRI at their postings.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by vankennis(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2012
hmm...all this rules, na wa o. implementing all dis will be somehow difficuit.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by slimojas89(m): 7:45am On Sep 05, 2012
floridam: Are u sure this policy is not again meant for the children of the poor and the 'non-long-legged-people'?
I have been waiting for such comment..people still serve in companies,only God knows how they do it but I know people currently serving in big companies.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by iconoclast(m): 8:50am On Sep 05, 2012
As far as i'm concerned, NYSC is the height of pointless pointlessness. grin
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by Mavrick2012: 9:04am On Sep 05, 2012
Trendytessy: wat does Garri rily mean in Nairaland?
nigeria's economy
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by queensmith: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2012
ujchief: The new posting policy has its pros and cons.
The education sector is not restricted to secondary schools alone. In my state, corpers are posted to the 2 universities, polytechnic, college of education, research institute, nursing school etc.
Rural and infrastructure is undefined, and the rate of rejection is alarming.

Thank you for this you have actually hit the nail on the head, service wouldn't be a problem if not for this factor. NYSC advises that corpers will be posted to sectors relevant to their degrees (which makes alot of sense so the state can make sensible use of human resources)but if these sectors have been restricted, how is it going to work? I can imagine the country is in need of teachers but not that many, and like you said there is currently a high rate of rejection.

jhydebaba: Good step in the right direction.

Actually it doesn't make any sense- they say the new directive was employed because there is apparent abuse of the programme and corpers are meant to be serving their state not receiving work experience, it doesn't make sense to say, under the same breath, that they will force companies to employ graduates full time? The supposed reasons for this new directive are completely contradictory.
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by queensmith: 9:18am On Sep 05, 2012
slimojas89: I have been waiting for such comment..people still serve in companies,only God knows how they do it but I know people currently serving in big companies.

Really? then there are ways around it and this whole hulabaloo from that nuisance of a president has all been gas and air. Like always

floridam: Are u sure this policy is not again meant for the children of the poor and the 'non-long-legged-people'?

God bless you for this! That is what I'm trying to find out, will daddy long legs still work? The directive has been issued and I think the larger companies will follow it, but since most corpers are going to end up getting rejected from their postings I assume private companies will still have to get involved.
Do the corpers directly apply for the work or is there some 'non priority' list NYSC then use to find them alternative placements? Is it worthwhile for one to still make an effort for a placing in a private company in spite of this new directive?
Re: New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers by buchibabe: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2012
grin
omaigala: I am new on nairaland, pls what are the prons and cons associated with this forum?

Avoid d G***i word. For sometime now,its bn like a plaque on NL,as it could fetch u a ban. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashion Designing Vs Hair Dressing Which Is More Profitable? / NYSC Member Donates 10 Months Allowance As Scholarship To Student (pix) / NYSC Batch 14A POP Comes Up February 19th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.