Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,847 members, 7,969,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:49 AM

Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis (24722 Views)

BREAKING: Buhari Diagnosed With PROSTATE CANCER / Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed / Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis By German Doctors!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 05, 2012
Appendicitis is a condition not requiring medical evacuation, it probably got ruptured because it was not given urgent attention locally.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by slightlyMad(f): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2012
You see? Appendix can be removed here by any surgeon, Instead of trying to diagnose her and figure out it is appendicitis, they flew her straight to Germany.
the long hour flight actually caused this.

For those who dont know, Once that thing bursts, you are done.
The reason it's swollen in the first place is due to infection or obstruction
99% of the time, it is infection and the content is always pus

once the pus and toilet-destined-waste joins the blood stream, you can't make it, you'll die of complications

Nigerian, This is the time to pray for this woman, Not the time to blame.
I wish everyone could set time out to pray for her.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 05, 2012
Shaw007: i dont think its a matter of not trusting the Nigerian doctors,i think its more of a "Go 2 the best doctor" tin

Even Americans still go 2 switzerland for some peculiar surgeries!! I'm quite positive if she had malaria she wud av done it here

and tell me pls,if u had cancer,would u prefer 2 treat it here when u av greater chances abroad?
hope you know there's a plethora of nigerian doctors abroad
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2012
dedeike: From Saharareporters to Premium times. I wonder why these blackmailers always love online news papers rather than the established print media in Nigeria.
Why don't these paid hirelings on Nairaland quote the likes of THISDAY, VANGUARD, PUNCH, GUARDIAN, and even their paymasters NATIONNEWSPAPERS?

The reason is simple. These online media platforms offer pure and unadulterated falsehood for their propaganda machinery. They have no means for verification of the authencity of its reports.
They just quote sources that are anonymous and the deal is done. It's simple. Just cook up c.ock and bull stories and engage an IT expert to upload it online. That is the height of faceless journalism.

A colleague of mine told me in the office that he will start believing anything from SAHARAREPORTERS whenever he sees their representative in any press briefing or conference.And I agree with him.

Don't go popping a vein on the dame's account.
Just in case you missed the memo, word has it, she is in capable hands grin

Nigeria's first lady Patience Jonathan was in a bad state of health when she arrived last week at the Horst Schmidt Klinik in Wiesbaden, Germany, a spokesperson for the hospital has told LEADERSHIP.

The hospital's official, who confirmed that initial records showed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan had earlier been treated for food poisoning in Nigeria before being brought to the Horst Schmidt Klinik, however, said she was responding to treatment after she had undergone a major surgery for a ruptured appendix to remove the poisons in her intestine.

During an eight-minute telephone chat yesterday through telephone number +49611433436, a senior consultant of the hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Mrs. Jonathan was brought to the hospital early last week after the management of the hospital had been contacted and briefed on the deteriorating health condition of the first lady.

She said that Mrs. Jonathan was getting better but added that the hospital management would ensure that she was fully fit before she would be allowed to go back to Nigeria.

When our correspondent demanded further details, the hospital official said it was improper and unethical for her to make such details available to a third party, ending the call and refusing to pick up subsequent calls.

Meanwhile, a reliable source in Aso Rock disclosed to LEADERSHIP that the decision to take the First Lady to Germany for better treatment was borne out of the fact that her medical aides in Nigeria complained that they could not get accurate diagnosis as a result of insufficient medical facilities in the country.

It would be recalled that the first lady's media aide, Mr. Ayo Osinlu, had confirmed her foreign trip at the beginning of the week, but said Patience Jonathan was only taking a rest abroad and not seeking medical attention.

Osinlu said that the First Lady is expected back in the country this week.

Meanwhile, the Special Assistant on Media to the First Lady, Ayo Osinlu yesterday dispelled report by an online media, claiming that the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan was air lifted to Germany for medical treatment.

Osinlu who spoke in a telephone call put to him by State House Correspondents from the council chamber at the presidential villa, Abuja, maintained that he can be quoted authoritatively on the matter that the report were all lies, adding that even at gun point, he had no more information to give on the issue.

He said for now, he still had no idea when the First Lady would return to the country, even as it was not in his capacity to find out. Ha added that he had no fresh information to add aside what he earlier said that was reported in the Media on Monday.

The Media Assistant to the First Lady said, "Nobody is going to put a gun on my head and force me to talk when I have no fresh information, my position is not different from what I told Daily Trust".
Source
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by nicesunshine: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2012
Leemak: Make she no return back home alive, AMENNNNNN.....using 3million naira to eat a day and stil praying for her recovery, may God almighty turn His side away from those pple dt ar praying for her recovery, a common man with no complete 3 meals per day wil die of serious sickness yet a fucking big-belly person wil hav only appendice and then hospitalised in foreign country......what a shameless country!
u're a big fool. na the 1st Lady cause the poverty.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Wixelz(m): 8:39am On Sep 05, 2012
What eva. Confirmed, uncomfirmed. Freedom of speech prevail. U can say wat eva
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Shaw007(m): 8:40am On Sep 05, 2012
Eltonluigi: Why would anybody go all the way to Germany for an appendix surgery when it can be done at any local hospital at home
dont you think its better not 2 take any chances?
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by azimibraun: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2012
Cn we jst give dis topic a new dimension? I need 2 understand hw my country works better in comparisom with international best practices. If Dame umbrera was flown to germany and ws to b treated with tax payers money in her capacity as First lady, I knw as perm second Bayelsa state govt mst hv sent a delegation with tax payers cash also, wt is the implication of Agbati lying and misleading the public; shld he resign on the grounds of loss of public confidence? I need 2 knw dis pls and in addition is it my right 2 demand for agbati's resignation?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Shaw007(m): 8:47am On Sep 05, 2012
gmyguy: hope you know there's a plethora of nigerian doctors abroad
of course,but most of them either got trained there or finished their education there so they might be Nigerian but they are not Nigerian doctors.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by cdamsel(f): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2012
Hw many times do we hear dat obama's wife was brought 2 nigeria 4 medical treatment?I have neva seen any1 in power receive treatment in any hospital in nigeria.& dey blame edris 4 singing nigeria jaga jaga?God said we shd wish our enemies well,bt in dis case I wld remain silent
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by wirinet(m): 8:57am On Sep 05, 2012
If this is true, then Nigerian health officials and Nigerian doctors should cover their head in shame. You mean our health system could not diagnose and treat common appendicitis tongue? Then what is the use of having hospitals? Are our hospitals only able to diagnose and treat malaria and typhoid?

If a common appendicitis can be life threatening to a whole first lady, then the common man is in trouble. No wonder people go to pastors and babalawos for cures.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Rick9(m): 9:04am On Sep 05, 2012
Get well soon my dear Patience Jonathan
[s]But has the inflation rate of G4 affected[/s]. I no talk O
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Lordmike: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2012
so na only this make the woman fly out of Nigerian spending Tax payers and oil subsidy money, when some hosptials in PH and Lagos came handle this very well. Abeg make them tell us wetin happy as this will increase the price if garri in the market.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Blueboy0402: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2012
Dear Patience Jonathan,
You are a woman of not too many words. Your steps are calculated and your mode of dressing is a thing of delight but the news of your ill health gives me insomnia.

With the high level of unemployment and idleness in the country, you always keep us busy, debating and discussing on the correcness of your spoken English on different social media. Though critics have questioned your ability to speak "good" English, they have failed to ask queen Elizabeth to speak Ijaw language.

Some say you are suffering from food poisoning others are say it is ruptured appendix. Which should I believe? Please tell us so that rumour mongers and false peddlers will bury their heads in shame.

You remembered what happened to Yar'Adua and Stella Obasanjo? They travelled and came back to the country in a box. That will not be your portion IJN amen. Please dont sack Abati because he is not trained in the art of telling lies.

Get well soon and come back because Goodluck need you, your admier's need you, your friends need you, your enemies need you, I need you, your children need you, Nairaland need you and Nigeria need you.
I hope to hear from you. God bless you.
Yours sincerely
BlueBoy0402
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by drnoel: 9:08am On Sep 05, 2012
oh so it has turned to ruptured appendix. I didn't know Nigerian doctors can't treat ruptured appendix. Or are they telling us that her appendix is made of Gold. Now this one must be one for the books.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by emmasege: 9:09am On Sep 05, 2012
It's high time GEJ hired prayer warriors to intercede for him so that he and his wife would come out of Aso rock alive at the end of their reign. because since after IBB's reign, first couples have always come out either as widow or widower. or could it be that some evil covenants were made at the completion of aso rock?. this surely is no longer coincidental o.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by josephsuberu(m): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2012
If it's the issue of boko haram,they will urge all Nigerians to go and pray but now they don't want Nigerians to pray for her to be healed because they know dat it won't work.
"Faith without work is dead".
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by SeunshackGarri: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2012
I think someone is about to go under the knife.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by nuella50: 9:15am On Sep 05, 2012
bibigirl07: This First Lady Palaver is beginning to bore me. Must Abati lie? Abi person no fit sick again nii? Its high time they realise they are all mortals ‎​Ãήϑ illness is nothing to be ashamed of. After all the millions used for feeding in aso rock, Ɣ appendix no go protest? Get well soon, Dame.

na so broz! but we dey wait make she cum back na den we go know if na tummy tuck,appendix abi food poisoning e be now bt abeg make una tell dem make dey chop small remain small for we people joor
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by DExplorer1: 9:17am On Sep 05, 2012
emmasege: It's high time GEJ hired prayer warriors to intercede for him so that he and his wife would come out of Aso rock alive at the end of their reign. because since after IBB's reign, first couples have always come out either as widow or widower. or could it be that some evil covenants were made at the completion of aso rock?. this surely is no longer coincidental o.
Evil follow those that thinks evil. You heart is polluted with arrant fallacy
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 05, 2012
If german merkel is diagnosed of ruptured appendix or wateva, will she be flown τ̅o Nigeria for treatment? Our leaders too dey do us ojoro!
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by norrisman: 9:26am On Sep 05, 2012
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by SuperPap: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2012
Ruptured Appendicitis? Na wa o. The English you go hear for nairaland. Ruptured Appendix them say na ruptured appendicitis. Illiterates.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Obinoscopy(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2012
If ruptured appendix (a complication of mismanaged appendicitis) is the true diagnosis of her condition then its a big problem. Ruptured appendicitis could lead to the bacteria invading the entire body fluid leading to peritonitis which is a dangerous medical condition.

I pray she recovers quickly.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Revolva(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2012
I beg make she go sidon jare ...am sure she went for a beauty surgery to reduce her stomach ...hiss wetin dem wan tell us wey we never see ...remember stella oo
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Exponental(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2012
Reuben shld know dat he cannot be d best liar.
Better liars will counter his statement.
If I am wrong on ds issue, he could get a video clip of an address by d 1st lady.
If all dis allegations are false, then FG shld sue d reporters
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by luvola(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2012
and hw will this affect the price of garri?next topic
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by Babaji111(m): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2012
You see what I was telling you. Truth will never hide itself. How can government hide first lady's sickness? Though it is their usual language. I pray she did not ask for it as Stella's. But why do some people want to change their GOD gift nature? Can't we learn from experience? Where is Michael Jackson? Money!...Money!!..Money!!!..Money can send you to ur grave if you don't know how to use it well. MUM, get well soon cry
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by saintkola(m): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2012
[b][/b]
slightlyMad:

Nigerian, This is the time to pray for this woman, Not the time to blame.
I wish everyone could set time out to pray for her.

Why would I set time out to pray for her Kmt
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by pufectskin: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2012
She is going to die! Just accept that. Ruptured Appendicitis has a very high mortality rate.
That is what she gets for being a part of the brain dead ppl who govern us.
I am closing with this;
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
but wiser men so full of doubts.”

― Bertrand Russell

RIP Dame Jonathan
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by propofol: 9:41am On Sep 05, 2012
My comments. The press is to some extent extragerating . However there is no smoke without fire.This is the result of our lack of enligthenment both individually and as a nation. People are always too secretive about their health issues. To a degree its a refLection of our backwardness. Any one can be sick with any disease at any time but for some reasons Nigerians are always hiding their ailment. It almost like we believe that the condition will worsen once people are aware.Rubbish! When Bill Clinton had a quadripule bypass,(heart surgery) the whole world was aware . There was a press conference!!!! We should follow this example because it prevents all these speculations that is going on now which really is getting embarrassing and also gives the govt opportunity to educate its citizenry on various disease states and how to treat and prevent them.
Re: Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis by infolekan(m): 9:44am On Sep 05, 2012
Theben: Em wait o, is the heading supposed to be ruptured "appendicitis" or "appendix"? Cos to me appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix. undecided

The heading is right......ruptured appendicitis is what's expected. And you're right as appendicits is inflammation of the appendix. Its called ruptured appendicits when an appendicitis ruptures and not a ruptured appendix as the inital insult is the appendicits that ruptured.
Wondering how this changes the topic though. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NAFDAC DG, Paul Orhi In Efcc's Custody / Defection: Tanko Al-Makura Sacks 9 Commissioners & 2 Aides / Don't Appointing Mohammed Abubakar As Minister - CFCI To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.