Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,435 members, 7,888,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:45 AM

What Are The Criteria By Which A Topic Makes The Front Page - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are The Criteria By Which A Topic Makes The Front Page (736 Views)

Almost Every Topic Makes Fp Now / The Feeling You Have When Your Topic Makes Front Page. / How To Post A Topic In Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Criteria By Which A Topic Makes The Front Page by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2012
Please list criteria by which a topic makes the front page, I find it disturbing sighting irrelevance and frivolities on the front page. A topic about two indicted pharmacist in the Late Cynthia Osokogu murder case was posted by a member of this forum, but didn’t make the front page, yet topics on GARRI keeps cascading the front page.

Front Page Lawyer.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Criteria By Which A Topic Makes The Front Page by Acidosis(m): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2012
Lmao. . .@front page lawyer
Re: What Are The Criteria By Which A Topic Makes The Front Page by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
Acidosis: Lmao. . .@front page lawyer

Abi na? this is my second account though, but seriously i keep wondering how some immaterial topics make it to the front page, while i read through some serious issues in dire attention. What has the Picture Of Funke Akindele 'Jenifa' As A Baby got to do with this forum? Does it add value to us as human being? While i am not against it, but it shouldn't necessarily be on the front page. I really don’t blame the GARRI associations. Go to the health/family sections, there are serious, disturbing issues posted by responsible members who awaits our advice but yet we ignore them and concentrate more on the front page because we all have the believe that only relevant topics are screened to the front page. So i asked, what are the criteria by which a topic makes the front page?

FrontPageLawyer
Re: What Are The Criteria By Which A Topic Makes The Front Page by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:00am On Sep 06, 2012
Nothing. The mod picks topics that interests them & put them to the frontpage. Just try & post a good topic into the right section. If na news, don't forget to add the link to verify the source of the news & aunthenticity.
Last Bullet; This your username is funny. Which chamber you dey?
Re: What Are The Criteria By Which A Topic Makes The Front Page by dominique(f): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2012
one man's meat is another man's poisin. a diverse variety of people visit nairalald daily with different intrests. what may not interest you could be appealing to someone else.
the garri threads were put on frontpage so the numerous garri lovers can post about their fav delicacy without derailing sensible threads.
you're right about certain threads not making fp, but you have to bear in mind mods/admin are only human.

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Invade Birningwari Township In Kaduna State,bomb Police Station And Banks / PM Problem / Fani-kayode Calls Bianca Ojukwu 'jezebel' In New Facebook Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.