Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

Vogts Threatens To Quit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vogts Threatens To Quit (707 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vogts Threatens To Quit by sunny4all(m): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2008
Barely two weeks before the AfricanCup of Nations kick-off, Nigeria’s campaign for the championship may suffer a major setback if Super Eagles manager, Berti Vogts carry out his threat to resign his job.

The German-born tactician has admitted that his Super Eagles’ future is in doubt explaining that delays in salary payments were making him consider quitting 12 months into his four-year contract.

“I love Africa, but I don’tknow how long I can put up with these problems,” Vogts complained during an interview with German newspaper Augsburger Allegemeinen Zeitung.
He also revaled he had been close to “throwing in the towel” on several occasions during his time in charge.

The 61-year-old, who formerly coached Germany (1990-98) and Scotland (2002-04) nevertheless praised his team, stating it was a pleasure to work with players of quality.

“Something special has been built between them and it’s what motivates me to continue my work despite the difficulties. If football in Nigeria was organised as in Germany the team would be unbeatable.

Even Brazil would have to watch out for Nigeria,” he stated.
The Super Eagles won the African Cup in 1980 and 1994, and have been drawn in Group B with Cote d’Ivoire, Mali and Benin for the tournament which gets underway on January 20 in Ghana.

Here is the link
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2008/jan/06/sportsbreak-06-01-2008-001.htm

Re: Vogts Threatens To Quit by hollandis(f): 3:56pm On Jan 06, 2008
kokoro ti on je efo.ninu efo lowa
lipsrsealed
Re: Vogts Threatens To Quit by tosinadeda: 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2008
For those who dnt understand

it means
in pidgin

the ant wey dey chop leaf,na on the leaf e dey stay.
Re: Vogts Threatens To Quit by folahann(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2008
So where is the problem coming from
Re: Vogts Threatens To Quit by tosinadeda: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2008
Nfa
y cnt dey pay him his money
Re: Vogts Threatens To Quit by davidif: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2008
I didn't like the initial selection of the guy but they signed a contract with the guy and they should pay him his money abi what kind of nonsense is this?
Re: Vogts Threatens To Quit by ndubest(m): 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2008
they are waiting for salary approval from ASO cheesy cheesy cheesy

and the senate to pass the 2008 budget cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I THOUGHT GLOBACOM WAS IN CHARGE OF WRITING HIS CHEQUES

or have they passed on the money to NFA
Re: Vogts Threatens To Quit by metodman(m): 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2008
go mr white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u dey useless

(1) (Reply)

Malaga Saga / Nations Cup May Not Be Transmitted / Man U Rubbishes The Magpies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.