Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,790 members, 7,941,969 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? (946 Views)

8 Things Ladies Need To Fix Before A Responsible Man Can Marry Them / Reasons Why Responsible Guys May Avoid Toasting You / Is Honeymoon Really Important After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by JoanJohnson(f): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2012
Alot of couple finish their wedding ceremonny with alot of debt waiting to be paid, i always ask myself who is responsible for it, is it the man accepting whatever the bride says or the bride wanting her wedding to be colourful like she has always dreamt of?
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by MrsChima1(f): 11:41am On Sep 05, 2012
Joan Johnson: Alot of couple finish their wedding ceremonny with alot of debt waiting to be paid, i always ask myself who is responsible for it, is it the man accepting whatever the bride says or the bride wanting her wedding to be colourful like she has always dreamt of?

The dumb bride and groom is responsible. Why have an expensive wedding you can't afford

It is only a few days celebration that other people will soon to forget and pretend like they didn't hear the phone ring when you call to ask for money/help.

2 Likes

Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by snowbaby(f): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2012
Both bride and groom r to be blamed, when they know there is limited money, they should ve cut their coat according to their size,instead they will be smiling amidst huge debt on their wedding day n be sweating it out right from the day they start honeymooning
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by lillyveezy: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
My sis hubby sat her down before their wedding to ask her what she really wanted:a dept free but less colourful wedding or hyper colourful with depts to settle after.

so I think its a joint responsibility,but more on the groom.if the bride does not know the odds against them financially,she will just be making much demand.

1 Like

Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by Mynd44: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
The bride and groom are to be blame
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by Emmy9ite(m): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
The bride, ladies always dream of weddings in the sky. The groom always comes back to pay coz he is the man. If you notice, ladies always smile at wedding ceremomies buh the men are always faking smiles coz they are thinking of the billz
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by tobechi74: 10:01am On Sep 06, 2012
A wedin is for a day or 2 days
mariage is for ever.

Anytin afta mariage is shared by d couple because d two are naw one
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by 2goodbobo(m): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2012
Marriage is not an Investment that you will get a return on investment, Hence the more reason to do a wedding that won't result to paying debt. However, the debt should paid by both parties since they have suddenly become one after the Marriage!
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by GodsWord2(m): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
Joan Johnson: Alot of couple finish their wedding ceremonny with alot of debt waiting to be paid, i always ask myself who is responsible for it, is it the man accepting whatever the bride says or the bride wanting her wedding to be colourful like she has always dreamt of?
non is to be blamed. The bride wants a wedding of her dreams (girls hav alot of fantasy). The groom wants to make his bride happy. I say GO FOR IT! After all, its a one in a life time event. When the wedding is over, they shld both sit down nd plan the way they'll settle their debts. But still they must apply wisdom b4 throwing an expensive wedding.
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by GodsWord2(m): 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
Emmy9ite: The bride, ladies always dream of weddings in the sky. The groom always comes back to pay coz he is the man. If you notice, ladies always smile at wedding ceremomies buh the men are always faking smiles coz they are thinking of the billz
lmao...
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by freecocoa(f): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
Both are to be blamed but a greater part of the blame should go to the man since he's not man enough to put his foot down and stick to making the right decision which is to have a debt free wedding.

If she refuses to marry him because he wouldn't have a wedding he can't afford, then she's not the one for him after all.
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by ifihearam: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
I can't blame the woman but the man,so one woman go force me spend above my budget or lend money just to impress who ni?? Godforbid,its about time couples started planning based on what they have...
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by dammytex: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
Should there be debts in the first place?
Re: Huge Debt After Wedding, Who Is Responsible? by Mynd44: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2012
The couple should be blamed. The fault starts and stops at their table

(1) (Reply)

11 Valentine Gifts To Win A Girl’s Heart / What Men Dont Tell Women / Reason Why Celebrity Mariages Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.