Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,986 members, 7,973,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:54 PM

Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market (13714 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cars In The World! / Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market By Chika Ezeanya / Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by esiri4jesu(m): 2:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
Not to worry.Nigerians don't patronise Japanese used cars because they are "right hand drive" but for new cars, let they that refuse to take action die for their in-action since they are the only ones that can afford new cars for Japan.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by texazzpete(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
Japanese Cars = Right Hand Drive

Nigerian Cars = Left Hand drive

There is no way to legally import a Right Hand Drive vehicle into Nigeria today...so i don't see anyone trying this. If anyone tried to bring such a vehicle in, it would not be through any legal Nigerian entrance point...so the FG cannot implement any scanning measures anyway. Kenya and Uganda use RHD so they can show concern...Not the Federal govvt of Nigeria.

This was just a brainless, daft article with zero research....just plain scaremongering.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2012
Cars having up to twenty times the permissible level of radiation have found their way to African countries where several governments are clueless or unconcerned about such health risks. [b]Governments of Kenya and Tanzania however, are among the few African countries, who, unable to afford the high cost of testing all incoming vehicles [/b]have expressly banned the importation of cars from Japan into their markets. Kenyan government went as far as destroying some cars after it hired independent firms to test for radiation levels.

Sometimes, it's good to be poor.

If not for the reason texxapete posted above, our Govt would have been cruising around in the latest Jap Rad Cars.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by omasogood(m): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
when the earthquake disaster hit japan,I joked about nigerians being the first to rush down there & get flood damaged cars & radioactive ones as well which obviously would be dirt cheap
Why is it that so many nigerian businessman are known to make profit at any cost by consciously selling dangerous goods to their black brothers,it is these same morons that'll blame the westerners for our problems!!!
Nigeria is full of evil & until the black on black crime curse is broken,nigeria will still be full of horror stories
Having said that,I believe we are safe from these radioactive cars considering the fact that we import from the americas & europe 90 percent of the time,the other other countries mentioned by the Op drive on the right like japan hence their governments' immediate actions but MR JONATHAN SUBSIDY MUST prove that he geuinely cares about nigerians by setting up agencies at the ports & borders to check cars coming from asia for radioactive materials,this will also create more jobs for our youth & qualified graduates,another promise he has not fulfilled satisfactorily.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Maxymilliano(m): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2012
Seem Nigerians just like criticizing the Government for criticism sake. How many of us would have excercised the patience if the Government choose to adopt the implementation?

Instead, we rather opt to get our cars from Cotonou and later blame the Nigerian government for any negative consequence that may ensued.

For the records, i've been patronizing my agent at Cotonou for as long as i can remember.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
Who imports cars directly from Japan?

What will be the source of radiation after washing the car which any buyer/seller does after buying?

Mis-information at it's best.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by omasogood(m): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2012
texazzpizza,it looks like you do not know that in Nigeria for some strange reason many people tend to think laws don't have to be obeyed,many government agency officials are cool with it as long as they get some kind of "encouragement" or "motivation" or like our darling police forces"oga,fill our petrol tank"money
Having said that,it is only illegal to drive right hand drive vehicles in nigeria & not to import them so technically they can still be imported without breaking any laws.I can authoritatively tell u that our "friendly & caring customs" dudes at d ports are allowing these RHD imports on a daily basis as long as the importer is willing to be "friendly & caring" towards them if u know what I mean

So the op's article is not daft like you said,he is actually telling you what is going on realtiime in your country & as a car dealer & private investigator who does a lot of research work,I can confirm what he is saying so there was no need to criticise him the way you did,don't get me wrong though,you're entitled to your opinion always

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
@ op thanks for this info and why do we only have 3 "like", i wish anyone reading this should like it so that more people read and pass the info. Finally i hope someone can contact @reno The special adviser on media to inform GEJ SOONEST!
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by carcruiser: 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
buy a mercedes
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by mu2sa2: 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2012
A right-hand car can be converted to a left hand drive. In fact there ar 000's of such converted cars on Nigerian road. Some people even bought there cars without knowing that they had been converted from RHD to LHD!
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by BlackBaron: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
texazzpete: Japanese Cars = Right Hand Drive

There is no way to legally import a Right Hand Drive vehicle into Nigeria today...so i don't see anyone trying this. If anyone tried to bring such a vehicle in, it would not be through any legal Nigerian entrance point...so the FG cannot implement any scanning measures anyway. Kenya and Uganda use RHD so they can show concern...Not the Federal govvt of Nigeria.

This was just a brainless, daft article with zero research....just plain scaremongering.

Left hand drive is indeed available to buy from Japan dude.
Also I know RHD do get cleared through the port. Know bout quite a few and also 3 on their way next or upper week. Conversion to LHD is however paramount else you'll go through well when driving.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by harlos: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
We voted for them to guide and secure our lifes but they've got no clues on hw to do it,still we give them info and clues,hope listen to this sha... Save our soul o!!!
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by ceejay80s(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2012
Kai So we no go drive tokumbo moto
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Blackteeth(m): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
Reference: Radiation altering our DNA. What could be better than that.
Some people get mouth oo.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by trix1: 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
I really do wish ignorance was painful!! At least some people would be in so much pain that they can't type!!!!
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by fuqua: 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
SPARE PARTS FROM JAPAN. DOES IT RING A "NIGERIAN" BELL?
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by omowolewa: 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nnamdi99: My BB pin 20f21d38

Bread and Butter, 'Office pin' or 'safty pin'?!.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by duality(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
abeg make i hear word. the radioactive materials for don kill all japan naw?

our car dealers on nairaland if you are afraid of you japan imported ride. give me i'll help you use am.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Shawl001(m): 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2012
I love this topic! This is what our govt shud b concern about. We are endangering our lifes ingnorantly. This kind of sensitization nd orientation shud b made publicly. So that everybody can know wats going... I jes pray dah God shud d eyes of our ministers to c des tinx.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Reference: Radiation altering our DNA. What could be better than that.
Altering the DNA is like mutating into other creature. That would help to speed up the evolution process, ironically speaking. Not a good thing at all for the people.

The radioactive dust must have been reduced from a critical level in those materials. However, there is need for radioactive test equipment!
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Tobiizzy(m): 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nigerians rarely import cars from Japan ... most cars are from the Usa
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by lacasa: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
Which govt??

Do we have a govt grin
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2012
texazzpete: Japanese Cars = Right Hand Drive

Japan manufactured cars for all nations in the world. Let's take this topic to address things which are missing in our ports.

FYI, Russia is not right-hand drive and 300 of the vehicles where repatriated from there. However, there is need for nuclear test equipment in ports to screen other products coming from Japan other than cars.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by uhuns: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2012
my brothers don't worry,
those cars are all here, as
1. parts
2. full cars
no body can stop that.
as a country our leaders are not discipline enough to make such commitment.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by uhuns: 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
i hear some you say with fake authority, used cars from japan are not in niger------

i work in a car shop------alot of prado and corollar are converted types ----------take it or leave it.

remember its a hype stuff your friends will not tell you the truth about their ride.

as around you will find its very common than you think.
Re: Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market by Theblessed(f): 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
[size=16pt]Hmmm, Nigerians with their love of cars and foreign goods - I wonder what the authorities are saying and doing about this dangerous situation in Nigeria right now?

Until Nigerians starts dying in drones from radiation related illnesses then, many will begin to learn their lessons.

I can't wait for the first ever case report on this. shocked

I am waiting in expectation of the first victim of this death trap obviously, it won't be me!!
[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surprising Things Made By Famous Car Companies From All Over The World / 5 Signs Of A Defective Spark Plug In Your Car / 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.