Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,225 members, 7,934,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:22 PM

Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja (2541 Views)

Okonjo-iweala Under Probe For €3.6m Vehicles Deal / APC Senators Orders Newspaper Probe Over "Anti-Buhari” Accusation / Kate Henshaw Exposes One Of El Rufai Mansions In Abuja! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by dayokanu(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2008
I don't know if Ribadu collected or rejected bribe from anybody as all those reports are still largely unconfirmed by the police.

The way he dropped Bode george's NPA case shows that he is a man teleguided by OBJ and his cronies.
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by BigB11(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2008
Posted by Dayokanu:
If Ribadu should reject Ibori's 2billion bribe but accepted 200 million means he is not corrupt?

I guess, Ribadu has to accept bribe in the middle of Ajegunle during the day-time to proof to all that he's nothing but another greedy common thief!
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by Crownvilla(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2008
The story of the alleged masions was published in The Independent. The owner of the rag is James Ibori.

Whatever side of the divide you fall one thing is certain, the truth shall be revealed one day.
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by fromuk(m): 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2008
Some peeps are weste of sparm.
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by ono(m): 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2008
dayokanu:

I don't know if Ribadu collected or rejected bribe from anybody as all those reports are still largely unconfirmed by the police.

The way he dropped Bode george's NPA case shows that he is a man teleguided by OBJ and his cronies.

Solid Point.
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by doyin13(m): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2008
@BigB1

You vehemently denounce Ribadu but resoundingly support Babangida.

Does not make an iota of sense.
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by jaso1(m): 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2008
@DAYOKANU,
That my first mail to you was a mistake as i didn't properly digest it. sorry do you expect all these crooks to be apprehended at once or haven't you aware of ibori and co. impact in 2007 election  that pay the pressent regime ass?
despite your acknowledgement on this fact  what summoned your assumption on your claims that erstwhile efcc chairman was bias in his action?
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by youngies(m): 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2008
I'm not surprised at the turn of event. I know for certain that nothing, and NOTHING will be spared to make sure that Ribadu is brought down to ground zero.

The Iboris, Nwude's, Anajemba's, Odilis, Dariyes, Nnamanis, Atikus, Tafas, Kalus, Turakis, IOBs, Nyames, Ajiduas, and now adding the Igbinedions certainly is a formidable enemy. In all honesty if the resources of all these crooks are harnessed together against one common enemy they can even over throw any government of their choice in Africa.

The script of the campaign of calumny have just begun, but in the end it will come to nothing.  Ribadu as of today is enjoying one resource these retards can't enjoy - The Nigerian people.

The comments of Big B1 and his co-travellers can't change a thing no matter how hard they try.  The game is just about to begin
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by ono(m): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2008
youngies:

The Iboris, Nwude's, Anajemba's, Odilis, Dariyes, Nnamanis, Atikus, Tafas, Kalus, Turakis, IOBs, Nyames, Ajiduas, and now adding the Igbinedions certainly is a formidable enemy, . . . . . . .

You forgot to include the OBJs, IBBs, Ubas, Georges, Anenihs, and Ribadus. . . . .yes, the Ribadus of this country.
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by otokx(m): 4:10pm On Jan 09, 2008
What is not happening?
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by mellow(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2008
They have all had their seasons. Ours is coming.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by youngies(m): 10:21am On Jan 10, 2008
THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), yesterday, dismissed allegations that its out-going Chairman, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, owns houses in Abuja, Dubai or any other part of the world for that matter, except a personal house in his village in Yola, built in the early 1990s.

Besides, the Chairman of the US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, Mr. Russell Feingold, has deplored the removal of Mallam Ribadu as EFCC Chairman, and accused President Umaru Yar’Adua of failing to live up to his promise to fight against corruption.

The EFCC, reacting to allegations by two lawyers at a Federal High Court Abuja that Mallam Ribadu is corrupt said: “Mr. Ribadu wishes to state categorically that:

"He does not own houses in Abuja or Dubai or any other part of the world, other than his personal house built in his village in Yola, in the early 1990s.

“Apart from that, Mr. Ribadu owns a yet-to-be-developed plot of land in Katampe, an undeveloped district of Abuja, which was acquired in 1998.

“Apart from his official EFCC account, Mr. Ribadu does not operate a bank account anywhere else in the world.

“Like other Fulani, Mr. Ribadu also owns cows which he rears in his village.
“Mr. Ribadu hereby grants express permission to anyone who finds that he has assets other than those declared above, to seize them without further reference to him.

“When his official residence which belonged to the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) was, in line with the policy of the last administration, offered for sale along with other houses in the area, Mr. Ribadu could not muster the funds to purchase the said house.

However, sensitive to the possibility of a conflict of interest arising if he approached banks for a loan, given his position as EFCC Chairman, Ribadu nearly lost the house until his father-in-law, Professor Iya Abubakar, intervened.

It was the Professor who bid for the house at a public auction and took a facility from his bankers, Fidelity Bank, to purchase the house, which cost N44m.

As it is, Mr. Ribadu and his family are presently living in the Mambilla Street house, thanks to his father-in-law.

All records pertaining to this transaction are available at the FCDA for anyone who wishes to check.

“It must be stated that as a public officer, Mr. Ribadu has dutifully sworn to oaths declaring his assert as and when due. The declarations are public documents and can be accessed at the appropriate agency for purposes of verification, seizure of undeclared assets and prosecution if need be.

“Further, Mr. Ribadu is saddened that otherwise learned gentlemen lend themselves as vehicles for the purveyance of obviously false allegations that the Commission has not been making annual renditions to the National Assembly in line with Sections 35 and 36 of the EFCC Establishment Act, 2004.

The simplest check that people can carry out is to ask their representatives in both chambers of the National Assembly to find out whether the Commission had ever neglected to comply with those provisions of the Act and if indeed it has been submitting details of its audited accounts and a compendium of its activities, every year, since its inception.

“EFCC wishes to state that being sensitive to the peculiarities of its operations and environment, the Commission has even gone beyond the demands of the Act to engage highly professional external auditors (other than government-appointed auditors) to audit and re-audit its books. These reports have been routinely submitted to the National Assembly before the 30th day of September, every year, since 2003.

“A cursory study of the allegations not only shows that they are pitiably shallow, but also throws up the unmitigated desperation of certain groups of people who have an axe to grind with the EFCC, to employ all tactics to embarrass its key officials, divert attention from their justified investigation and prosecution and ultimately derail the work of the Commission.

“While Mr. Ribadu is saddened by the fact that enemies of the anti-corruption war would stop at nothing in the bid to sully its image, he welcomes the opportunity offered by the lawyers to deal squarely with the wild and resurgent allegations from which have regrettably spawned endless pepper soup joint plots for the Nigerian theatre of the absurd.

“The attention of Nigerians is drawn to the fact that these kinds of wild allegations have always attended the work of the Commission. Right from inception in 2003, EFCC has faced all manners of unsubstantiated allegations, from operating torture chambers, to grand corruption. Even as we made to conclude this response, we learnt that gun-running has been added to the long list of dreamt-up allegations against EFCC.

The attempts at blackmails would definitely continue as long as EFCC continues to do carry out its functions with determination. But, Nigerians are advised to be wary and to always be guided by what we have said in the past that, ‘When you fight corruption, it fights you back.’”

US Senator chides Yar'Adua on Ribadu's removal

And Mr. Feingold in a January 7, 2008 letter to President Yar’Adua said: “As the Chairman of the Senate Africa Subcommittees, I have visited Nigeria and closely follow developments in your country because I am keenly aware of its strategic significance to the United States and in Africa.

“As one of the continent’s most populous and prosperous countries, Nigeria has long been a role model in Africa, not least for its return to democracy after 16 years of military rule. I was, therefore, extremely disappointed by the seriously flawed general elections last April, but was encouraged by your pledge to improve governance with ‘zero tolerance’ for corruption.

“I was pleased to hear that while in Washington, D.C., last month, you reiterated your commitment to transparency, accountability, and rule of law as essential preconditions for Nigeria’s social and economic development.

Unfortunately, I have not yet seen demonstrable evidence of progress in these areas; on the contrary, recent events suggest that Nigeria is backsliding under your leadership.

“I am particularly concerned by the recent announcement that Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, the esteemed Chairman of Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has elected to step down from his post instead of accepting the reassignment to the yearlong management training course that was ordered last week.

While ongoing training of government officials is important, mandating a year-long hiatus for the head of the EFCC while there are several significant pending anti-corruption cases calls into question the sincerity of your commitment to this issue.

“The EFCC has had unprecedented success in obtaining several high-level corruption convictions, and Mr. Ribadu has earned national and international acclaim for his leadership over the past five years.

“While I deplore the transfer of Ribadu and would like to see him finish out the remainder of his term, if he does elect to step down from his current post, it is essential that his personal safety and security be guaranteed. In addition, Ribadu’s departure must not be used as a pretext to disband the EFCC or undermine its work.

The recent charges filed by the Commission, including those against former Delta State Governor James Ibori, should be fully and transparently investigated and prosecuted.

“You have repeatedly emphasized the positive impact of good governance on development, but political and economic gains go hand-in-hand.

The legitimacy and credibility of your government, both at home and abroad, depend upon your consistent and observable commitment to combating corruption. In light of the recent upsurge in violence in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region, it is even more imperative that your government exhibit the highest respect for rule of law at all levels of society.

Failure to follow through on your policy of ‘zero tolerance’ for corruption will fuel dissent among the Nigerian population and diminish confidence abroad.

“Therefore, I urge you to do everything in your power to create the appropriate environment for both political and economic development by strengthening the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and empowering Mr. Ribadu, rather than sidelining him and potentially undermining the EFCC’s important work.

I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to reaffirm your personal commitment to democratic principles and practices and to solidify Nigeria as an example for other young democracies.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4254&Itemid=0
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by McKren(m): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2008
youngies:

I'm not surprised at the turn of event. I know for certain that nothing, and NOTHING will be spared to make sure that Ribadu is brought down to ground zero.

The Iboris, Nwude's, Anajemba's, Odilis, Dariyes, Nnamanis, Atikus, Tafas, Kalus, Turakis, IOBs, Nyames, Ajiduas, and now adding the Igbinedions certainly is a formidable enemy. In all honesty if the resources of all these crooks are harnessed together against one common enemy they can even over throw any government of their choice in Africa.

The script of the campaign of calumny have just begun, but in the end it will come to nothing. Ribadu as of today is enjoying one resource these retards can't enjoy - The Nigerian people.

The comments of Big B1 and his co-travellers can't change a thing no matter how hard they try. The game is just about to begin

I agree with most of your comments but disagree with just one thing

The victim here is not Ribadu, the victim is Nigeria
Re: Ribadu Under Probe Over Mansions In Dubai, Abuja by youngies(m): 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2008
McKren:

I agree with most of your comments but disagree with just one thing

The victim here is not Ribadu, the victim is Nigeria

Yes the victim is Nigeria no doubt, but will their warped, myopic eyes allow them to see that? I guess not

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akpabio Petitioned By Ibibio Ethnic Group Of Akwa Ibom State In Diaspora / Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card / Aisha 2, Whats With You And Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.