Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,470 members, 7,881,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 05:19 AM

ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party (8716 Views)

Court Orders INEC To Register Young Democratic Party / Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention / The Official People's Democratic Party Presidential Primaries Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by PaulJohn1: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
As the Democratic Party National Convention wound down Thursday night in the United States of America, the leadership of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), led by its national leader, Senator Bola Tinubu, are rounding up talks on how to strengthen the party in terms of building a stronger and more visible identity that will recast the opposition in a new light and with a focused agenda.

The idea is to project and present the opposition as one with an alternative agenda and to press forward to explain this alternative agenda in contrast with that of the ruling party.

Two former Democratic Party governors and a member of the executive alongside a senior aide to former President Bill Clinton will work with the ACN to sharpen its message and political appeal.

"The first leg will be helping to enhance Nigeria's political culture by de-emphasising personalities and promoting ideas' said Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State.

"The last few days have shown that a well organised democratic system will always serve the people better and make the country stronger," he said.

"Nigeria still has a learning curve and we will get there but we must do the needful and partner with people, parties with whom we share similar ideas."

Governor David Rosen said the Democratic Party has a lot to offer to parties in Africa and elsewhere who are looking for ideas and ideals that places people at the centre of politics.

Speaking at the meeting, the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon Adeyemi Ikuforiji, said the ACN was looking forward to seeing a new era where politicians are well informed and properly cultured.

On his part, Tinubu said Nigeria has great potential and brilliant minds that can lead the new political renaissance Nigerians crave for.

"All we need to do is to invest our time in finding these talents and nurture them into maturity. This convention has demonstrated the superiority of ideas and principles and party identity over any other approach to real politic."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201209070220.html

2 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Martini101(m): 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2012
This dream pass Joseph own oh! But letz sit down dey look sha

2 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Afam4eva(m): 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
Lmao grin grin grin these ACN progressives no go kill person with comic relief. Which one be partnership with party wey dey US? lol

3 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by free2ryhme: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
They will provide the much needed ammunition to fight PDP grin
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Dede1(m): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2012
I am not surprise at this alleged crap that ACN is exploring partnership with the USA Democratic Party. There is no doubt the members of USA Democratic Party behave like Nigerians as well as Africans.
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Ikengawo: 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2012
This article is a lie and the writer should be arrested for slander. It's illegal in the US for US political parties to form alliances or work with foreign political parties and organization.

I know nigeria is lawless but the US is not, so it's best we not mention the US when conducting our lawless journalism

4 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by dasparrow: 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ikengawo: This article is a lie and the writer should be arrested for slander. It's illegal in the US for US political parties to form alliances or work with foreign political parties and organization.

I know nigeria is lawless but the US is not, so it's best we not mention the US when conducting our lawless journalism

Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Joeadamu86: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
With TINUBU at the helm of affairs the dream is already a nightmare.........
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by EkoIle1: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ikengawo: This article is a lie and the writer should be arrested for slander. It's illegal in the US for US political parties to form alliances or work with foreign political parties and organization.

Dumb and dumber, strategists from US political parties work with other political parties around the world everyday. Even if I ask you to show us the law you are talking about, na stammer you go dey stammer....

Olodo people.

5 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
Sounds plausible on the face of it, since both parties are leftist, in theory.

Will it work? Let's wait and see.
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by amosy007: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2012
Sounds like story to sell paper to me..
Buh if its true! Then that will be a self destruct botton for their ambition to capture aso rock.. Coz "people like me" will never vote 4 such party that form alliance with d devil..
America will never do sumtin that will not favor them. so if they support acn and they capture aso rock.. Then a wise person knws what might happen next.. He who pays the piper dictate d tune
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
Whats wrong in America dictating the tune?

They have been dictating the tune for Japan and most of Western Europe for a while now and we can see where they are
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by jmoore(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
Partnership? ACN should offer shares too... smh
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by MajeOfficial: 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
Eko Ile:

Dumb and dumber, strategists from US political parties work with other political parties around the world everyday. Even if I ask you to show us the law you are talking about, na stammer you go dey stammer....

Olodo people.

It is 110% illegal and the American public hates seeing things that like thus they won't risk it as a party since it will hurt their popularity because it's not worth it. If you don't understand basic law and order it's your problem, nobody else'.

Nigerians have an inferiority complex where something like working with the political party of another foreign country is supposed to make you look big. Americans know and believe in themselves and if one of their political parties started establishing foreign ties this will upset and alarmed the people of America because they don't need foreign parties to make them feel like men the way Nigerians do. It's also dangerous for security, creates and unfair political playing field and is by edict of multiple federal laws illegal. You're dealing with a real country with real laws and organization, not Nigeria were a national leader going to the same Democratic National Convention my mother was invited to makes newspapers for 2 weeks. The article above is a lie and it's more questionable than the US federal legal system, so idk why your priority is questioning me as opposed to the article.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Crayola1: 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2012
What a story lmao.

Democrats already get hammered by Republicans who claim they care more about foreigners than Americans and now they are going to willing get themselves flamed by doing this cheesy

Imposible. If an advisor did this they would make sure to keep it off the record, otherwise its their career. cheesy

You wouldn't even get a Democratic letter opener to take this job
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by MajeOfficial: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
The last thing black barack obama is going to do during an election season is begin establishing secert alliances with parties in africa, especially african countries with a corruption/terrorism reputation as high as Nigeria's.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by EkoIle1: 12:49am On Sep 08, 2012
[quote author=]

It is 110% illegal and the American public hates seeing things that like thus they won't risk it as a party since it will hurt their popularity because it's not worth it. If you don't understand basic law and order it's your problem, nobody else'.

Nigerians have an inferiority complex where something like working with the political party of another foreign country is supposed to make you look big. Americans know and believe in themselves and if one of their political parties started establishing foreign ties this will upset and alarmed the people of America because they don't need foreign parties to make them feel like men the way Nigerians do. It's also dangerous for security, creates and unfair political playing field and is by edict of multiple federal laws illegal. You're dealing with a real country with real laws and organization, not Nigeria were a national leader going to the same Democratic National Convention my mother was invited to makes newspapers for 2 weeks. The article above is a lie and it's more questionable than the US federal legal system, so idk why your priority is questioning me as opposed to the article. [/quote]

I deeply feel sorry for you because this post shows that you are very clueless and ignorant. Paying you any attention is definitely a waste of time and even torture.

Show me the American law and illegality you are talking about and maybe ill take you a lil bit seriously. This is nothing but fermented rubbish and ignorance of.American law from your armpit.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by MajeOfficial: 1:28am On Sep 08, 2012

Introduction

The ban on political contributions and expenditures by foreign nationals was first enacted in 1966 as part of the amendments to the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), an "internal security" statute. The goal of the FARA was to minimize foreign intervention in U.S. elections by establishing a series of limitations on foreign nationals. These included registration requirements for the agents of foreign principals and a general prohibition on political contributions by foreign nationals. In 1974, the prohibition was incorporated into the Federal Election Campaign Act (the FECA), [HTML] [PDF] giving the Federal Election Commission (FEC) jurisdiction over its enforcement and interpretation.

This brochure has been developed to help clarify the rules regarding the political activity of foreign nationals; however, it is not intended to provide an exhaustive discussion of the election law. If you have any questions after reading this, please contact the FEC in Washington, D.C., at 1-800-424-9530 or 202-694-1100. Members of the press should contact the FEC Press Office at 202-694-1220 or at the toll free number listed above.

Except where otherwise noted, all citations refer to the Act and FEC regulations. Advisory Opinions (AOs) issued by the Commission are also cited.
The Prohibition

The Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) prohibits any foreign national from contributing, donating or spending funds in connection with any federal, state, or local election in the United States, either directly or indirectly. It is also unlawful to help foreign nationals violate that ban or to solicit, receive or accept contributions or donations from them. Persons who knowingly and willfully engage in these activities may be subject to fines and/or imprisonment.
Who is a Foreign National?

The following groups and individuals are considered "foreign nationals" and are, therefore, subject to the prohibition:

Foreign governments;
Foreign political parties;
Foreign corporations;
Foreign associations;
Foreign partnerships;
Individuals with foreign citizenship; and
Immigrants who do not have a "green card."

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/foreign.shtml

3 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by MajeOfficial: 1:32am On Sep 08, 2012
Foreign Agents Registration Act (To prohibit political agencies with foreign origin or affiliation from gaining influence on the US electoral system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Agents_Registration_Act
http://www.fara.gov/
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Goddess12: 2:04am On Sep 08, 2012
common shut your face joor! what do you know about the US for you to say that, Didirin somo laisan

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Goddess12: 2:31am On Sep 08, 2012
Tinubu is meeting the wrong party in my opinion, if he really wants to make things happened, republican is the party that speaks the language i understand ooo! all the welfare talks by democrats is just to suppress black people, the finest healthcare in the world is being changed, my boss has told me that he will close his practice if obama is re elected cos as it is medicare/medicaid reimbursements are a pain in the neck not to talk of when million of people are given false sense of coverage that you will have to live below poverty line to be eligible. Talk about choking the system
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by DuduNegro: 2:42am On Sep 08, 2012
The deal was sealed a while back...this follow up is only a formality.

O'dua is moving forward.
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by MajeOfficial: 3:22am On Sep 08, 2012
There's no 'deal'. Any 'deal' would be illegal. In the US you can't deal with parties if you're a foreign government associated entity, you have to deal with the people.

I hope there are more achievements in Nigeria that deserve attention and that someone fabricating a slanderous article pretending that the democrats are lawless and conspire with corrupt foreign parties isn't a moment of pride or achievement.

if an american published this he would be sued in the court of law for posting fabrications that can illegally damage the democrats.
Goddess12: common shut your face joor! what do you know about the US for you to say that, Didirin somo laisan
I was born and raised in the US and im living here as we speak. I also did an internship in my state house of assembly

2 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by Zeruchi: 3:23am On Sep 08, 2012
It seemed fitting cheesy

I hope Tinubu brings back the D.A.R.E program because drug use in Nigeria is definitely on the rise.
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by EkoIle1: 3:49am On Sep 08, 2012
[quote author=]
http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/foreign.shtml[/quote]

No, I asked to show me the law that outlawed political strategists within American political parties from working with politicians in other countries to win elections or train them, not donating money to political parties in the US or influencing American political parties with money.

Working with the Democratic party in America to impart ideas and knowledge is not and has nothing to do with influencing American elections with foreign money.

Joe Trippi is an American and Democratic strategists, but Nigeria's GEJ hired him to work for and train the PDP during the last Nigerian election.

Nice try, but this is a shameful case of apples and oranges. Don't try too hard to quote a law and stipulation that you know nothing about.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by EkoIle1: 4:00am On Sep 08, 2012
[quote author=]There's no 'deal'. Any 'deal' would be illegal. In the US you can't deal with parties if you're a foreign government associated entity, you have to deal with the people.

if an american published this he would be sued in the court of law for posting fabrications that can illegally damage the democrats.

I was born and raised in the US and im living here as we speak. I also did an internship in my state house of assembly[/quote]

Stop smoking marijuana. You are typing from cyber cafe from somewhere in Aba and not anywhere close to America....lmao

Reading and comprehension failed you bitterly...

1 Like

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by MajeOfficial: 4:01am On Sep 08, 2012
Eko Ile:

I deeply feel sorry for you because this post shows that you are very clueless and ignorant. Paying you any attention is definitely a waste of time and even torture.

Show me the American law and illegality you are talking about and maybe ill take you a lil bit seriously. This is nothing but fermented rubbish and ignorance of.American law from your armpit.

I'm not going to argue on the internet with you because i'm an adult with a job. Agree to disagree

3 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by EkoIle1: 4:13am On Sep 08, 2012
[quote author=]

I'm not going to argue on the internet with you because i'm an adult with a job. Agree to disagree

[/quote]

I did not ask you to argue, I only highlighted your lack of ability to read and comprehend and ignorance of US election laws.
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by EkoIle1: 4:15am On Sep 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro: The deal was sealed a while back...this follow up is only a formality.

O'dua is moving forward.

These backward and stone age people can bury their heads in the sand forever, but we are moving ahead. . Greatness is ours..
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by MajeOfficial: 4:41am On Sep 08, 2012
Eko Ile:

I did not ask you to argue, I only highlighted your lack of ability to read and comprehend and ignorance of US election laws.

you seem to be angry and your consistency for resorting to insults when having a civil discussion with someone are the two primary reasons i feel you're not emotionally ready to have this discussion. I had not intention to rile anger in you by stating the illegality of a partnership with foreign parties. If the ANC wants to go to the democrats and learn that's not a partnership, it's a tutelage and once the democrats begin gaining from the ANC, in other words establishing tutelage, it's a felony.

i'm speaking on the subject at hand. It was called a partnership, a partnership which is classified by mutual benefit, is a felony in the US with a foreign political entity. If it's tutelage and the ANC wants to go and learn from the democrats, that's not a partnership and shouldn't be called so. Words are taken very seriously in US law and this article because of it's language is slandering the Democratic party by saying it's preparing to commit a felony (partnership)

This is my last attempt at clarifying any confusion that may be abound. Whether it fails or succeeds my taste for this debate as weened and agreeing to disagree is the most adult thing either of us can do.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by kunlekunle: 4:47am On Sep 08, 2012

Were you around during Mandela's election campaign?
Do you know how many Americans were in his team?
Do you know how much was contributed by Ameicans?

i m talking about political gurus that did his profilling.
Re: ACN Explores Partnership With US Democratic Party by MajeOfficial: 4:59am On Sep 08, 2012
I don't know why your becoming emotional over this. I'm not going to argue with you. No mind has ever been changed on an internet forum argument and your spiked emotional state is going to turn it into a child's slur war. I wish to address everyone else now, leave it be.. and control your emotions to the best of your ability to keep this discussion civil.

I'm glad to see Tinubu going to the US to learn from the US process. There's a lot of see and learn about such a great system and going to the convention will help show Nigerian politicians that greatness is never found in one's ability to horde money. Great speeches, organization, excitement, and genuine people participation are all great things to take back from the DNC.

As an American and a democrat and glad to see the democratic party leading the world by example on how to run a world class convention! The dems really out did themselves this year. Nevertheless its shameful that convention attendance seems to be the greatest thing happening to the ANC right now according to people that want to use the ANC as a pawn to make up for their own low self esteem and deficiencies. It's a mark of low self esteem when attending a convention that the dumb deaf and blind are invited to is your 'achievement' of the weak. A part that runs an entire region in Nigeria shouldn't belittle themselves like that. It's great that Tinubu is making gestures to learn and progress but I wish for his followers to not taint his desire to learn with low self esteem saber rattling. It's extremely doubt that this is the first convention attended by a foreigner, or a nigerian.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Proposes 20-Year Jail Term For Electoral Offenders / Lalong Asks Buhari To Revive Livestock Transformation Plan To Stem Insecurity / IPOB Lists 6 States That Will Join ‘new Republic’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.