Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,143 members, 7,973,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:04 AM

Discussion Area For Medical Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Discussion Area For Medical Students (3280 Views)

Medical Students Protest, Lock UNILAG Gate (Photos) / Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by mekaozi: 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2006
No am a medical student, I already graduated from college with a degree in Biology
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by aloib(f): 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2006
wow, ure far above us, lol, wish us luck oo wat specialization, share wat it is like being one with us we, JJC,
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by mekaozi: 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2006
Stay focused, pray if u believe in it, spend more time in ir biological sciences, statistics and Biochemistry are every med. student nightmare,, so make sure u take a prep class for those while in ur undergrad, believe u can do it and the sky is ur starting point, go get them girl, cheers
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by aloib(f): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2006
hmm thanks, but statistics killed me last sem, ours was biostat, beleive me it was so dificult, pls wat does drawing ave to do with any medical field, as in i suck at drawing hope it aint gonna do anythn, anyways took up anatomy already, next sem i'm taking zoology
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by gigitte(f): 10:41pm On Apr 12, 2006
;d
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by dearzi(f): 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2006
@Mekaozi
So what med school are you in? i'm a Biology senior, and i can't lie, the last lap is almost frustrating, the thought of med school proper is almost a dream, but i know slowly but surely, as for the cure to HIV and cancer, i don't know, i doubt it, cuz we're talking virsuses here, and in the cancer, depending on which one it is! some already have cures, others, well, a person has to wait and pray,
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by hotangel2(f): 1:55am On Apr 13, 2006
Im a nursing student, Wanna get a BsN. Just like Free.

After that, i wanna go into Full MEd, but it's it's still a BUT.
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by aloib(f): 2:10am On Apr 13, 2006
good luck gurl,
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by miky(m): 2:46am On Apr 13, 2006
this was really a nice thread i think we should have this often. well most of you if not all are farther than me in this field. am still about to grad h school. i would like to go into medicine infact to be specific an orthopedic surgeon. i took physiology last sem and thought it was really cool. but men those years are scary.i know time flies but wow, how is it for you guys especially those who just arrived or are not yet citizens.
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by aloib(f): 3:25am On Apr 13, 2006
hmm for me its been interesting, really but i'm also scared
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by mekaozi: 7:13am On Apr 13, 2006
@dearzi
am in U C san-diego medical school. , yeah I know about the last lap, in fact it hasnt been that long for me either, I always remember my interview eac time I walk into that Gross-anatomy Lab. Have u taken the mcat or not. Pay more attention to ur chemistry, especially ur second semester O.chem. Go over the clinical questions in ur biology textbooks since they are the kind of questions u will most likely encounter in mcat. some of the questions they asked me at my intervies are: A. if a patient had to go through a surgical procedure in which his/her spleen was removed,, what kind of food should the patient stay away from? they also asked me about the Oregon's doctors assisted suicide bill that just got debated at the supreme court? do u think it is ethical?, would u or would u not do it?, Abortion? If u haven't written ur personal essays, personalize it as much as possible. Be original, make sure u do extensive grammatical error corrections. If u get a secondary application frm any school,, then u have jumped the first huddle, if everything fails U have the option of applying to United states accredited Caribbean medical schools, I got into three of those too, just make sure u can be licensed in Florida, california, New york and texas , since those are the hardest states for any school to get recognized, infact other states recognized foreign med schools as soon as they gain accreditation into any of the above mentioned states. So long as u have a minimum g.p.a of 3.4, u have at least a millon+ options to achieve ur goals, if ur GPA is lower than that, well I would recommend u take some upper division classes to bring it up,, or take a two year graduate program in the biomedical field before u apply, good luck

@miky
Good choice men, u will never regret it. The years are not that long depending on what u do ur fellowship in. as soon as u get ur degree, Med. school is only 3 years and 6months should u pass all ur board exams the first time. U actually start making money from ur residency through ur fellowship if u want to do one. Infact u will be so busy in med. school especially if u go to one that emphasizes research that u wont know when the four years is over, but for now concentrate on getting getting into a prestigeous university because it does help ur chances of getting prefrence. I graduated from Duke University on full time scholarship from my second semester before going to medical school, make sure u do tons of community service and volunteer at least four hours every month at the ICU or emergency department of ur local hospital, trust me admissions committee loves this part,

Well good luck to all u guys, and for those wondering I will be doing my residency/fellowship in neurosurgery and am shooting for John Hopkins, yeah right, no seriously, anyways, stay focused guys and u can do it, grin
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by gigitte(f): 7:41am On Apr 13, 2006
@mekaozi

i go to a UC too!
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by mekaozi: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2006
gigitte:

@mekaozi

i go to a UC too!

oh, cool, which one do u go to?
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by Greatpeter(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2006
Solution to HIV, AIDS menace is on course.
Very soon there will be cure for it.
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by gigitte(f): 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2006
Cal
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by dela(m): 10:23am On Apr 15, 2006
hi Alobi,good to know we are neighbour. I am residing in Guangzhou ,China.I studied Applied Chemistry.Can u ad me to ur messenger so that we can know each other better.waiting for ur response.
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by enolase(m): 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2006
Hello,

I have for sale, a set of six video tapes of Human Anatomy covering all the regions of the human body: Upper and Lower Limbs, Thorax and Abdomen, Head and Neck, Pelvis and Perineum, Osteology.

You can order for all six tapes, or order one or some, according to your financial ability.

Any interested medical student can email me at enolase76@yahoo.com for a price quote and further inquiries.
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by Free(f): 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2006
why cant you sell it for Freee?? grin grin grin
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by omobolaluv(f): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2006
i want to become medical doctor in future, and i need any club that i can join to learn more about it, do you know one tell me pls
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by Free(f): 12:03am On Apr 19, 2006
i dont know one, but if i hear of one i sure will let you know,
medical doctor eeeh good luck oooo, grin grin cheesy
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by akay47(m): 11:09am On Apr 19, 2006
Greatpeter:

Solution to HIV, AIDS menace is on course.
Very soon there will be cure for it.
If i told you i know a man that has a NAFDAC-approved cure for AIDS would you believe me? Well, if you know any AIDS patient, let me know. We have been conditioned to believe there is no cure for AIDS; would there ever be a problem without solution?
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by GL(f): 4:49am On May 16, 2006
Prospective Medical Student!!!

this thread shouldn't get lost in the pile of threads in this forum. they should give us a special space in the education forum. kind of like the "christianity for christians" etc. in the religion forum.
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by omobolaluv(f): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2006
i want to be medical doctor too, but JAMB keeps on fucking me up, i hope they wouln't this time again. i want to be one of the actress if you ahev any contact let me know pls, any ok.

bye for good[color=#000099][/color] smiley smiley smiley cool cry cry
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by GL(f): 12:11am On Dec 15, 2006
HEY FELLOW MEDICAL STUDENTS, WHAT'S UP? HERE'S SO SILENT. LET'S REVIVE THIS THREAD
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by Noblex1: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2006
Pls help! I want2go 4 mbbs bt admisn is my problm.pls send me ur addy via (clet_joe911@yahoo.com)so dat i cn add u guys.add me too2 y-messenger
Pls help! I want2go 4 mbbs bt admisn is my problm.pls send me ur addy via (clet_joe911@yahoo.com)so dat i cn add u guys.add me too2 y-messenger
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by Noblex1: 9:02am On Dec 16, 2006
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by goodguy(m): 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2006
Prospective medical student here too!
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by Kadata(m): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2010
I had to dig up this thread from d pile of lost threads.lol. Any Medic in da house.?
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by Kadata(m): 6:58am On Sep 09, 2010
O.k. Prospective medics
Re: Discussion Area For Medical Students by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 09, 2010
Are paramedics allowed?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can A Drop-out Go Back & Acquire Testimonial? / Jamb Reprint, How Much In Your Area? / 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.