Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,562 members, 7,905,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts (672 Views)

APC Plans Fresh Offensive To Regain Control Of National Assembly / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London / I Pledge To Nigeria My Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts by ambrosini593(m): 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
Nairalanders let renounce off topic comments and offensive posts on this forum. No matter how ugly or uninteresting a thread may be, what matters is how we comment or post on it. Let shun “how does it concern the prize of this or that”. Its makes the forum look uneducative and boring.

We are adults so we are supposed to behave at that range. Even if it is a house picture that makes it to the front page, let learn how to talk about the beauty of the house, its durability, the amount of money spent building it, the materials used etc. This will make the forum to be lively.

Don't be jealous because your thread didn't make it to the front page or yours looks more informative than the ones on the front page. so you now use it as an opportunity to post bad comments.

So many social forum out there today are growing not only because of the information they carry but because of how their members comments positively and not negatively. Will you be happy if Nairaland remains like this?

At times you may feel that certain threads are not qualified or suppose to be on the front page. Well that's your opinion. Even if you don't like it there are thousands of Nairalanders and Guest that might like it. So why spoil the thread with childish comments? Why pollute the minds of others towards the thread? You must not like every thread on the front page, that's what makes you a human being. You can't like everything.

Some Nairalanders are just criticizing threads for the purpose of gaining attention.

On Politics, you must not like every thread on the front page, but learn to accept it or appreciate it or even walk away from it if you don't like the topic being discussed. On Celebrities, please do the same as politics above. Our celebrities are important so let encourages them by liking every thread about them on the front page. One thing you should know is that everything about a celebrity is always a news ( note that).

Let shun 'I know it all' attitude, 'why must this be on the front page?' questions. Come to think of it, are you better than Seun and his team of moderators?

Let shun conspiracies and the group of cabals on this forum. Let people see you as peace maker with your good comments. Don't forget the fact that members and guests are reading your comments and your profile information. Make them to tell good about you. Post relevant and intelligent comments. It is not good to hijack any thread on Nairaland.

Are you happy seeing thread being closed because of bad comments? Are you happy getting banned? Think of it reasonably.

Let not take advantage of opening multiple I'd account because Nairaland only ban usersname and not IP.

You might become a website owner today or tomorrow. How will you feel when your site is flooded with bad comments and posts in every thread. Please do not damage another man`s business. God is watching.

If Seun didn't not love you he would not have allowed you to open an account on his website. He is the owner of the site and he decides what should be there.

Let not take advantage of this to destroy what he has built for the past seven years. Let those involved to come out and renounce and pledge never to use bad comments such as “how does it affect the prize of this or that and many more.

Let's make Nairaland a better place by renouncing now. No other comments is allowed just renounce and pledge that's all.

Remember this: no matter how ugly or uninteresting a thread might be. It is the way we comments positively that makes it interesting. I pledge. What of you?

4 Likes

Re: I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts by naptu2: 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
Supported 1000%
Re: I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts by ITbomb(m): 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
So the garri rebellion was because their topic couldn't get the front page?
So pathetic
Re: I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts by Callotti: 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
Off topics are a sign of boredom.
Offline especially. . .from people who can't stay focused. . .due to one form of psychosis or another!
Watch out for 'area-gangs' of the cyber too! grin

1 Like

Re: I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts by floriana(m): 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
Op please renounce bad grammar first. Can someone please convert his writeup into proper grammar so people can understand? That will be a very charitable public service.
Re: I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts by OAM4J: 11:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
I am the moderator of Politics section. I endorse this message. cool smiley
Re: I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts by iykak47: 1:40am On Sep 10, 2012
floriana: Op please renounce bad grammar first. Can someone please convert his writeup into proper grammar so people can understand? That will be a very charitable public service.
Attention seeker sit down joo, why can't you shut up and be bitiing your finger nails if you have no sensible thing to say.

Op thank you for the good advice you give to all those that want to spoil (Seun)another man's business.
Re: I Pledge: Renounce Off Topic Comments And Offensive Posts by Obinoscopy(m): 8:36am On Sep 10, 2012
@OP nice piece. Its guys like you that makes me proud being a Nigerian.

@OAM4J, we all endorse this message, not only you tongue
BTW whats this thread doing here? It should be in the jobs/vacancies section General section wink

(1) (Reply)

2015: North Plots Jonathan’s Ouster / Old Bende In Diaspora Forum Wrote: Sharing Of Abia State Money / NGOZI Okonjo-iweala Explains Why Oil Bench Mark Was Fixed At $75

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.