Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:27 PM

Air Nigeria Passengers Stranded For Hours In London, Asked To Contribute For Fue - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Nigeria Passengers Stranded For Hours In London, Asked To Contribute For Fue (677 Views)

Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) / Nigeria's Elections: Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airport / Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airports Over Increased Fares (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Air Nigeria Passengers Stranded For Hours In London, Asked To Contribute For Fue by Werehkpe: 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2012
Over 190 Air Nigeria passengers who arrived the Gatwick Airport 8:30 on Friday morning to fly back home were allegedly stranded at the airport for about eight hours.

Local media report that the delay was due to the lack of fuel to fly the aircraft to Lagos, thus the passengers were asked to contribute extra £40 each for purchase of ‘Aviation Fuel.

The plane eventually left Gatwick airport at 4:30 pm and arrived Nigeria at about 12:30 today.

However, the passengers were asked come back for their luggage. There are reports that the passengers are planning to sue the airline company and it’s chairman, Jimoh Ibrahim for the delay and their yet-to-be released luggage.

Also, Air Nigeria will no longer fly from tomorrow, September 10, will no longer fly for at least a year.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/09/air-nigeria-passengers-stranded-for-hours-in-london-asked-to-contribute-for-fuel/

LOL!!!!!!! Wonders will NEVA end
Re: Air Nigeria Passengers Stranded For Hours In London, Asked To Contribute For Fue by Jakumo(m): 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
If I were given solid assurances that an air hostess would give me head during the flight, as compensation for the absurdity of hepling to buy aviation fuel before takeoff, I would grudgingly pay that 40 pound surcharge, unless of course the air hostess did not meet with my strict standards, in which case I would sue the airline, seeking compensation for the mental anguish and monetary loss I suffered.
Re: Air Nigeria Passengers Stranded For Hours In London, Asked To Contribute For Fue by OAM4J: 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2012

(1)

US Visa -category Confusion / License To Practice Nursing In Canada/ Train With International Soccer Team / East-west Road Blues......bayelsa To Ughelli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.