Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,565 members, 7,929,806 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:46 PM

Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) (1244 Views)

Fayose’s Fires Back, Says Lai Mohammed Speaking Like A ‘tout' (Agbero) / TSA: You Speak Like A ‘tout’...fayose's Aide Blasts Lai Mohamed / Fayose Behaving Like A Tout:insults Buhari, Wants State Of Health Declared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by Truequest(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2008
I've heard that every profession has its own hazards,
I've also heard of diginity of labour,
not fogetting something called 'following a career part'.
Please take a look at this profile

Saula Saka started as a bus conductor in Lagos in 1976 and later became a driver.
He learnt the rudiments of the trade from Thomas Ashodumeto
He joined the NURTW and rose to become supervisor of motor parks,
The union’s branch PRO and later, the vice chairman of the union (Alimosho Branch ‘A’).
He rose to the position of chairman of the caretaker committee.
Romour mills have it that he makes a whooping N400K daily.
5 kids studying abroad.
He has 5 SUVs out of which 2 are hummer.

Alh Saula Saka was the chairman of NURTW Lagos State, He was shot dead by unknown assasins on sunday night. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by Mustay(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2008
Are u implying that all NURTWz staff are Touts undecided
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by desgiezd(m): 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2008
Talk about rising thru the ranks even in motor parks and among touts! One major lesson here is that whatever one is doing, one should strive at being the best in it! Five SUVs, whaooo!! even a clean governor can not afford that.
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by Truequest(m): 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2008
Are u implying that all NURTWz staff are Touts

Not at all just to make it easy for all to understand.
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Poster, 5 SUVS and what not does not make the job any inviting at all. I mean when I think Agbero, I think swollen hungry men with bad teeth, bad grammar, temper tantrums, and scars all over. Nah!!! a Career as an agbero is definitely not for me. LMAO!!
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by Truequest(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2008
5 SUVS and what not does not make the job any inviting at all.

What about te N400k daily! billions in his banks 2day.

With all our gramma these guys are smiling to the bank even at this moment.

On a more serious note that is the kind of society we find ourselves, we can only pray for a chane to better.
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2008
Truequest:

What about te N400k daily! billions in his banks 2day.

With all our gramma these guys are smiling to the bank even at this moment.

On a more serious note that is the kind of society we find ourselves, we can only pray for a chane to better.

Money is not top on my list when it comes to career choice. If it was , I would have followed the ranks of millions who do all they can to get into the medical profession here all cause of the pay. I don't see any need for me to own 5 cars when all those cars will be worth less than 50% of the buying price in 5 years. Infact the idea of owning 5 cars has never tripped me much. I guess I am not a car person.  400k daily is good and like the story mentions, it took the man a long time to get to where he was able to make that much each day. Money is good but somethings are better, I guess.

I just cannot get my mind past the bad teeth, bad grammer and all that may come with being an agbero for even a minute. LMAO!!!
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by babasin(m): 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2008
Truequest:

I've heard that every profession has its own hazards,
I've also heard of diginity of labour,
not fogetting something called 'following a career part'.
Please take a look at this profile

Saula Saka started as a bus conductor in Lagos in 1976 and later became a driver.
He learnt the rudiments of the trade from Thomas Ashodumeto
He joined the NURTW and rose to become supervisor of motor parks,
The union’s branch PRO and later, the vice chairman of the union (Alimosho Branch ‘A’).
He rose to the position of chairman of the caretaker committee.
Romour mills have it that he makes a whooping N400K daily.
5 kids studying abroad.
He has 5 SUVs out of which 2 are hummer.

Alh Saula Saka was the chairman of NURTW Lagos State, He was shot dead by unknown assasins on sunday night. May his soul rest in peace.

interesting. I know for instance that there is GOOD MONEY in transportation!

And naturally a leader in any FIELD will make money. He has done well but we all have different tastes.

Note: Nigeria is unregulated economy: many opportunties to make money and DONT PAY ANY TAX.
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by Truequest(m): 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2008
Money is not top on my list when it comes to career choice. If it was , I would have followed the ranks of millions who do all they can to get into the medical profession here all cause of the pay. I don't see any need for me to own 5 cars when all those cars will be worth less than 50% of the buying price in 5 years. Infact the idea of owning 5 cars has never tripped me much. I guess I am not a car person. 400k daily is good and like the story mentions, it took the man a long time to get to where he was able to make that much each day. Money is good but somethings are better, I guess.

Great points
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by BigB11(m): 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2008
It is widely known that touts (agbero) are lawless and crave to operate under an home made/ generic constitution. Why not persuade Ribadu to take this position.
Bribery/ gift is legally collected daily with absolutely no question and he wouldn't have to present his asset to anybody.

I think he will be greatly effective!
Re: Ever Considered Career As A Tout (agbero) by Emma4u2c(m): 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2008
I really feel sorry for his death but those guys are not good at all. Transport hike, fights and a whole lots of vices they perpetuate.

But those guys make big moneyooo!

(1) (Reply)

Gani Will-he Was A Good Man, But...... / Oba Of Benin Places Curses On Kidnappers And Armed Robbers / Gej And Buhari, Who Will Favor Ndi Igbo More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.