Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,711 members, 7,879,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:40 PM

National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List (17898 Views)

GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards / Patrick Obahiagbon On National Awards! The Guy Dey Vex! / The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2012

Mike Adenuga To Receive GCON On 2012 National Awards, 148 Others On The List

Business mogul Mike Adenuga leads the pack of 149 imminent Nigerians that made the list of the 2012 National Honours Awards.

Adenuga is to be honoured with the Grand Commander of the Order of Niger (GCON). He is the only one listed in this category.

Reputed jurist, Kayode Eso also leads the pack in the CFR category, which also include the Inspector General of Police, Mohammad Abubakar, Gabriel Igbenedion. There are eleven people in this category.

Governor Gabriel Suswam also leads other three governors in the Commander of the Niger category, which also include senators, ministers and businessmen. There are 26 people in this category.

House of Representatives leader, Mulikat Akande leads 24 other on this list which also include immediate past Deputy Governor of Lagos, Sarah Sosan.

The list was announced by Dr. Henry Akpan, Permanent Secretary, (Special Duties Office) Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

According to a statement signed by Akpan, the event has been slated for Monday 17th, September, 2012 at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.

President Goodluck Jonathan would conduct the 2012 National Honours Award Investiture on the imminent Nigerians and friends of Nigeria.

Akpan also assured that his office is working assiduously to ensure a hitch free ceremony.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news-update/60929-adenuga-mobolaji-johnson-others-on-2012-national-honor-lists.html

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
Dangote last year, Adenuga this year. Interesting.

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Opoki(m): 12:12am On Sep 10, 2012
This post is currently hiding

2 Likes

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 10, 2012
CONGRATS TO OUR OWN NIGERIAN ELITES wink cool
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 10, 2012
Does anyone accord any special respect to these national awardees for the awards' sake? I know I don't. Didn't Cecilia Ibru get something like that too?

5 Likes

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by taharqa: 12:18am On Sep 10, 2012
HNosegbe: Dangote last year, Adenuga this year. Interesting.

Yea. I think the President's body language towards the Business/Investment community has be consistent and favourable( which is very good).

It is also interesting that the no of awardees was reduced to 149 this time around from 359 last year. I would like to see the full list though to see how credible the awardees are this year and going forward...I notice that some govt officers were named again- as far as I am concerned I strongly feel that NO govt official should be given or receive any award while they are serving in order to ground them(in any case, you do not receive an award just cos you attain a position but cos of what you did with the position, which should be judged AFTER one may have left the position).

I will hold my congratulations for now till I see the full list even if the reduced number of awardees this year is a positive

3 Likes

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 10, 2012
Is this another pointless Nigerian award? lipsrsealed

We know how GEJ likes to dash out pointless awards like he's father-christmas.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by gistme24(m): 12:23am On Sep 10, 2012
About half of the awards to be revoked in a year's time
undecided
But seriously, is not Sensible and ideal to give out National Honours to Political Office Holders AFTER they have left office ? That way ensuring that only those with untarnish records i.e not caught in the act, gets to be honoured....
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by vislabraye(m): 12:24am On Sep 10, 2012
Has Adenuga settled the oil scam he committed? Na wa O. I wonder next time na Jimoh Ibrahim or Bode George.

2 Likes

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by maclatunji: 12:27am On Sep 10, 2012
taharqa:

Yea. I think the president body language towards the Business/Investment community has be consistent and favourable( which is very good).

It is also interesting that the no of awardees was reduced to 149 this time around from 359 last year. I would like to see the full list though to see how credible the awardees are this year and going forward...I notice that some govt officers were named again- as far as I am concerned I strongly feel that NO govt official should be given or receive any award while they are serving in order to ground them(in any case, you do not receive an award just cos you attain a position but cos of what you did with the position, which should be judged AFTER one may have left the position).

I will hold my congratulations for now till I see the full list even if the reduced number of awardees this year is a positive

Mike Adenuga for GCON? Brother please! Mr. President, you just keep finding ways of insulting Nigerians. Don't keep this up.

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by floriana(m): 12:38am On Sep 10, 2012
This particular list has been used to canonize and offer political immunity to the fuel subsidy scammers. Another achievement of GEJ. Reno Omokri, pls retweet.

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:39am On Sep 10, 2012
National Award na Padi Padi

National Award na Arrangee

Insane People for Insane Goals are running our society.

2 Likes

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by asha80(m): 12:39am On Sep 10, 2012
maclatunji:

Mike Adenuga for GCON? Brother please! Mr. President, you just keep finding ways of insulting Nigerians. Don't keep this up.

to think martin elechi is on the list
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by idowuswap: 12:45am On Sep 10, 2012
Yoruba lead animal stinking follows
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 10, 2012
Money brings power and fame to a large extent!
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by CLIQBOY(m): 12:56am On Sep 10, 2012
gistme24: About half of the awards to be revoked in a year's time
undecided
But seriously, is not Sensible and ideal to give out National Honours to Political Office Holders AFTER they have left office ? That way ensuring that only those with untarnish records i.e not caught in the act, gets to be honoured....
seconded
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by alphaconde(m): 12:57am On Sep 10, 2012
Sometimes the giv these awards to nameless and useless person that's what annoys me. May pawpaw is included
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by misterh(m): 1:00am On Sep 10, 2012
A govt official on the list? It's like singing your own praises by yourself.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by lafuria1(m): 1:04am On Sep 10, 2012
Otedola should get it next year. Useles award with no real value.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by member479760: 1:08am On Sep 10, 2012
the award go soon reach you and your family too. Good move!
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by lacasa: 1:18am On Sep 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Is this another pointless Nigerian award? lipsrsealed

We know how GEJ likes to dash out pointless awards like he's father-christmas.

More dan pointless.

This awards of a thing is just a mockery of the real meaning ŋ purpose of National honours

in Nigeria politicians/business men ŋ co who r favoured by the ruling party get such awards.

It's just a sham.

Compare it with the American Honours anϑ u would see †ђat it's not an annual fiasco like is done in Nigeria, ŋ b4 u r even considered, u must have served/contributed immensely ϯo Ūя̲̅ nation, ŋ not just by attaining political office.

If d likes of bill gates/steve jobs/donald trump ave neva bn given national honours in America, then u wld кŋσω dat its not an "anyhow" thing like is done here.

God help ds people in nigerian govt ϯo reason as human beings fσr once,. Mtcheeu!
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by ritux: 1:22am On Sep 10, 2012
I hope Farouk Lawan made the list for any category.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by airmark(m): 1:25am On Sep 10, 2012
The list is incomplete without Farouk Lawan.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Novice1(m): 1:28am On Sep 10, 2012
Annual Jamboree
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by achinu(m): 1:32am On Sep 10, 2012
BullShyte........National Award for what kwanu?
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 1:37am On Sep 10, 2012
airmark: The list is incomplete without Farouk Lawan.
hehe I tell yu!
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by greall1: 1:41am On Sep 10, 2012
Go to bed
ritux: I hope Farouk Lawan made the list for any category.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by xcllaxix(m): 1:53am On Sep 10, 2012
glo..all the way!!!!!! cheesy
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by FredFDR(m): 2:22am On Sep 10, 2012
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Ejine(m): 2:42am On Sep 10, 2012
And nothing for our Paralympians who are the only ones doing our country proud so far.
What a life, what a country.

11 Likes

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by xcllaxix(m): 2:48am On Sep 10, 2012
Ejiné: And nothing for our Paralympians who are the only ones doing our country proud so far.
What a life, what a country.
..lol..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Voters Cast Their Votes Via Electronic Voting At El-Rufai's Unit / Bala Muhammad Abdulkadir Sworn In As The Governor Of Bauchi State; Pics / "Biafra Agitation Is Dead In The South-East" - Nicholas Ibekwe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.