Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,293 members, 7,881,088 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:05 PM

Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance (7212 Views)

Akwa Ibom Tribunal Update: PDP Ends Defense…confident On Performance Of Witnesse / Christians Should Vote For Candidates Based On Performance / Obasanjo V Jonathan: Nigerians Give Verdicts On Performance Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Biggyd2: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2012
Jonathan rates self-high on performance
MONDAY, 10 SEPTEMBER 2012 00:00 FROM JOHN-ABBA OGBODO, ABUJA NEWS - NATIONAL
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest

THE scathing criticism of his administration notwithstanding, President Goodluck Jonathan has scored his administration high, saying he has delivered on his electoral promises.

Speaking through his Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe at the weekend in Abuja, the president said that all the promises made to the electorate in 2011 were being fulfilled and stressed that posterity would vindicate him.

He said one of the promises made was electoral reform and that Nigeria should thumb its chest on the issue because the elections that had been conducted under this administration so far, had been adjudged free and fair.

“President Goodluck Jonathan has delivered on his electoral promises. He promised electoral reforms and he offered himself as an example by conducting the freest election in the history of this country. He told his party that no one should be involved in election malpractice and that he was prepared to pack his things and go home if he lost the election. He repeatedly told everybody that it was not a do or die affair.

“The general elections conducted in the country in 2011 was the best in the history of Nigeria and you can attest that subsequent elections have also been free and fair. The People’s Democratic Party has lost some elections and the president told people not to make issues of it because he is a true democrat. It has been one man, one vote”, Okupe said.

He also mentioned power supply as another area where the Jonathan administration has recorded a success.

“When this administration came on board, power generation was between 1,900 megawatts and 2,000 megawatts and about 10 National Independent Power Projects (NIPP) were moribund. He caused the hydro power stations to increase their output and raised the contribution from the NIPP projects, taking the level of generation to about 4,400 megawatts and efforts are still on to increase by it 1,000 megawatts before December, this year. This shows that the president is delivering on promises,” he added.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98297:jonathan-rates-self-high-on-performance&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by k2039: 8:10am On Sep 10, 2012
Person write exam,same person come they mark the script,wetin you expect may he score'na 100% na.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by killuminati(m): 9:03am On Sep 10, 2012
k2039: Person write exam,same person come they mark the script,wetin you expect may he score'na 100% na.
101% grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by tunapawizzy: 9:21am On Sep 10, 2012
ODE ni bobo Jonathan yi sha....e matter dun tire person sef

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by konami001: 9:22am On Sep 10, 2012
Since no one wants to blow his trumpet, he has to blow it himself....wonders indeed!
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2012
How does someone write an exam and mark it himself. GEJ is so smart afterall. grin
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by greall1: 9:24am On Sep 10, 2012
Lol good morning jare nairalander.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by free2ryhme: 9:24am On Sep 10, 2012
The lizard that jumped from high iroko tree to the ground said he would praise himself if no one else!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Todaynatoday: 9:28am On Sep 10, 2012
Translation: Na me be lecturer and na me still be student. I set exam 4 myself, I mark am & I pass wella!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 10, 2012
We understand there is improvement in power generation, but we need 247 electricity in this country in order to spiral economic growth. We deserve it. GEJ, I commend you for doing your job. I can be rest assured that everything will fall in place when electricity sector becomes another 'telecoms' success. FRESH AIR!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Jyde89: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2012
Why he no go rate im self high, under im regime na im terrorism enter 9ja, poverty level sky rocket, unemployment boku; 2 kom sama everything finish; na d 1st president wey won mek 9ja split... Ngbanu, oga Jona na 150% you get sef, no be 100.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Dawdy(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2012
Who cares, if Patient rates self high on english.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Pataki: 9:32am On Sep 10, 2012
Of course what else does one expect.

High rate of corruption.

High rate of unemployment.

High rate of illiterates.

High rate of insecurity.

Jona Jona, well done!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by jmaine: 9:33am On Sep 10, 2012
The high pass mark on Electoral processes and power supply are easily visible & justified . . . .

But yet, it still doesn't equate to fulfilling all electoral promises he made. Though the aforementioned good ratings are bedrocks to any society who desires meaningful uplift in her affairs
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by inspirenet: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2012
I love this man
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Rick9(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2012
*Yawnnnsss* hmmdmmm G_E_J.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 10, 2012
Pathetic self-assessment.
It's sickening when someone needs to assess himself in the overall light of the general situation in the country.
How this fella got a Ph.D is beyond me really.Are we sure he didn't award it to himself, based on the original post?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Jayloy: 9:36am On Sep 10, 2012
According to him he has delivered all his electoral promise' just less than two years! Im not suprise at this cos he never made any promise in the first place but transformation which we have all been seeing whether good or bad. Jona na JOKER.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Ibangap(m): 9:38am On Sep 10, 2012
Now i think dis Doyin Okupe is worse than Ruben Abati concerning how nd wen 2 adress d public nd wit wat information.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by woky: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2012
i rest my coment
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by emenim(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2012
Do you guys know that i still find it hard to belief that Nigeria has refused to grow like any other African country. How can a president whom has been rated as the most corrupt president, who has refused to declare his assets, whose administration does not even have any focus, is here to rate himself very high. Let me ask a question which lecturer have heard failed an exam, they are all super star and brainy. Nigeria wake up!!!
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by johnstar(m): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2012
Mtcheeeeeew...... U don c wer student dey mark im own result undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by ebamma(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2012
Our Jona who art in Aso
Rock,Clueless is thy
Name,thy Income
come,let your Cassava
bread be given to us as it
is in Aso Rock,Give us our
garri, our daily bread,And
forgive us who call you
Retardeen, As you forgive
Patience who tresspass
against English,And lead
us not into kidnapping,
but deliver us from
kidnappers,For thine is
Aso Rock ,Okupe and
Abati,forever and ever,
Amen

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Abujafood: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2012
I don't disagree with him. Since coming on board we have seen some noticeable changes in how this country has been managed at least compared to his predecessors! Thumbs up Mr President but don't rest there is still more to do!
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by nagoma(m): 10:02am On Sep 10, 2012
This is delusional! We have a sick man as President ! angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by ochukoccna: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2012
8“When you are invited by anyone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in the best place, lest one more honorable than you be invited by him;
9 and he who invited you and him come and say to you, ‘Give place to this man,’ and then you begin with shame to take the lowest place.
10 But when you are invited, go and sit down in the lowest place, so that when he who invited you comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, go up higher.’ Then you will have glory in the presence of those who sit at the table with you.
11[size=14pt]For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”[/size]-Book of Luke:Chapter14 cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2012
The man don crase, it's a disaster and posterity will surely judge him for the useless fellow he is.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 10, 2012
jmaine: The high pass mark on Electoral processes and power supply are easily visible & justified . . . .

But yet, it still doesn't equate to fulfilling all electoral promises he made. Though the aforementioned good ratings are bedrocks to any society who desires meaningful uplift in her affairs

I can't believe the day will come when I'll agree with you somewhat! Don't know about the power part but definitely agree somewhat on electoral process. He's yet to fill 5% of his electoral promises though
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Willzkid(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2012
It should be: Okupe rates GEJ high on performance.
The Goodluck I know will not do that

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by meksroland: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2012
Electricity in my area is 22/7 now. I rate him good on that. But let him fix Ore road cos I'm scared of travelling to east atimes.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Flakeey(f): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2012
Dawdy: Who cares, if Patient rates self high on english.

hehehehe...*sealed lip*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sokoto Deports Over 150 Illegal Immigrants / Akpabio Commends Uduaghan On Government House / Ekiti Workers Shun Meeting With Fayose, Insist On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.