Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,193 members, 7,891,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:26 AM

Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 (8727 Views)

Andy Murray Wins Great Britain's First Grand Slam In 76 Years; Defeats Djokovich / Tennis US Open 2012.. / Andy Murray Defeats Roger Federer To Win Olympic Tennis Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Delafruita(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
I think this win has brought the value of the US open a step lower because it will make it seem as if the US open is not competitive and is for Amateurs.
ignorance in abundance
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 10:17am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
I didn't compete oo. Abi did you see any black man there?

Is Jo-Wilfried Tsonga not black?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Delafruita(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva: What were other players doing that this overated, overhyped British guy ended up winning. I'm ashamed of Djokovic and Federer. This is a big blow to tennis. Now the British media will move their boastful disposition a notch higher. Tufiakwa.
they were throwing rackets up and down
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2012
Congrats to him. Olympic Gold and US Open all in the same year.

He'll never forget 2012
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2012
justwise:

Is Jo-Wilfried Tsonga not black?
Yeah, you're right. But he's from France and not Nigeria. I'm a Nigerian and i did not compete in the US open, so i don't get how i became a lose for something i did not participate in.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Yeah, you're right. But he's from France and not Nigeria. I'm a Nigerian and i did not compete in the US open, so i don't get how i became a lose for something i did not participate in.

So Roger, Nadal and Novak you support are all Nigerians and black?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2012
justwise:

So Roger, Nadal and Novak you support are all Nigerians and black?
What has this got to do with you calling me a loser. I was reacting to your asinine comment on my humble self. I'm not here on a racial trip.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 10:43am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
What has this got to do with you calling me a loser. I was reacting to your asinine comment on my humble self. I'm not here on a racial trip.

Sure you are a sad loser, people who lack sportsmanship spirit or who can not be matured enough to congratulate a winner is called a sad loser.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:45am On Sep 11, 2012
justwise:

Sure you are a sad loser, people who lack sportsmanship spirit or who can not be matured enough to congratulate a winner is called a sad loser.
Which one be sportsmanship for person wey no participate for any sports. O boy leave me jare. And who says i'm not happy for Murray? I am but i'm not happy for the world of tennis.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Which one be sportsmanship for person wey no participate for any sports. O boy leave me jare. And who says i'm not happy for Murray? I am but i'm not happy for the world of tennis.

You are actually very confused, how do you manage to get through day by day?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by solomon111(m): 11:04am On Sep 11, 2012
I think it will take the U.S open 10 tournaments to wash away the stench of andy murray from it.
Dailymail.co.uk is a no-go area now.
SMH.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2012
solomon111: I think it will take the U.S open 10 tournaments to wash away the stench of andy murray from it.
Dailymail.co.uk is a no-go area now.
SMH.

It will take you more than to stop crying.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by wildchild1: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2012
This has been a wonderful and a very competitive year for tennis with four different winners for the four different grand slams by the top four guyz...Andy's win last 9t shows clearly the meaning of 'consistency and time'...Congrats Andy Murray and am really happy for the brits breaking the 76yrs jinx
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by garrigangster: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2012
The British Media are already comparing him with Roger Federer. Are they nuts?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by maclatunji: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2012
British Press will not allow us hear word again. The guy does have talent so congratulations to him. Djokovic needs to wake-up from his slumber.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2012
garri_gangster: The British Media are already comparing him with Roger Federer. Are they nuts?
THis is what i didn't want to happen. The British press can be so over patrotic. Imagine them comparing this small boy to Federer that has won more competitions than the age of Murray. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by garrigangster: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
THis is what i didn't want to happen. The British press can be so over patrotic. Imagine them comparing this small boy to Federer that has won more competitions than the age of Murray. SMH.
Roger Federer is the Greatest Tennis player of all time
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by wildchild1: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
garri_gangster:
Roger Federer is the Greatest Tennis player of all time
#RogerThat
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
This has been a long time coming,congrats andy murray,u really deserve,afta all the tears of the past,hope you can now finally smile.congrats once again.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2012
justwise:

It will take you more than to stop crying.

Dude you've got time o. Why waste your time on this bunch of No hopers?......
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2012
chic2pimp:

Dude you've got time o. Why waste your time on this bunch of No hopers?......

I mean...i don't get it, why do some pple find it so hard to be happy for others?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Lalaska(m): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2012
finally. The moral is that consistency is key. Just keep at ti. Dont give up and you will surely make it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okon Picks Oshoala, 22 Others For Women's World Cup! / Soccer Is For Sissies-rugby Is For Men / Onyi Echegini Scores & Provides An Assist As Juventus Beats Sassuolo 3-2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.