Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,020 members, 7,896,295 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:33 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (888630 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jenaniston: 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
Oops! Pls strike my earlier commentm
@angee4real pls where did u take the test?am in lagos.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by munagi: 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2010
Hi doc, I have been married for 4 years now without a child. My husband is okay. About 7 years ago I did this abortion that almost claimed my life, after that I noticed that my menstrual circle which normally last 4 days and very moderate but now, it lasts up to 8 to 9 days and runs very heavily within the first 2-3 days associated with this killing waist pain.

Please what do I do? I am scared that my reproductive system was tampered with during this messy abortion.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mightlove(f): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ThiefOfHearts :

Thats not true. Have you heard about VBAC? Please, read it up. After CS, one can still have a vaginal birth.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jumie(f): 3:05pm On Aug 24, 2010
SOMEBODY PLEASE, WHERE IS DR KATHY? sad
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Talk2prett: 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2010
Hi everyone,Plz where is our doctor, I need his candid advice.
i have yeast infection for sumtime now and have gone to doctors for treatment but after the treatment
still av it, when i urinate saw it comin out as well, plz what do i do?, im gettin married soonest and im worried
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:15am On Aug 28, 2010
@sweetypie
I would suggest an ultrasound and a hormone evalutation

@life4all
Sounds more like a yeast infection. Don't douche. Try to eat yogurt or take acidophilus tablets. I would also check your partner for any scaly skin. He might have jock itch which can lead to this. If you have access to it, try to get rephresh. It is a gel infused with vinegar to reestablish the acidity of the vagina
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:21am On Aug 28, 2010
@ninapha
There are several reasons for both gas and hiccuping. I would suggest a visit to the gp

@vinibabe
In general, we don't worry until the couple has been trying for a year without conception. I would keep a menstrual calendar and buy an ovulation kit to determine the exact day of ovulation. I would also suggest a semen analysis if no conception after a year.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:23am On Aug 28, 2010
@angee4real
Your scan is normal. How long have you been trying?

@ijeomaobi
A hormone panel and gyn evaluation. They might also ask for a semen analysis of your partner
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:26am On Aug 28, 2010
@susanamand
I would suggest being in control of the depth of penetration initially and reserving deep penetration for later. Missionary position is great to start with as depth is determined by how much you flex your hips

@chiscomi
Stop pressing. Are your periods regular?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:29am On Aug 28, 2010
@asato
Kegels normally involve the va_gina. I don't know anybody who could help a guy with kegels

@ezec
Go ahead. Goodlucksmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:33am On Aug 28, 2010
@rita
Don't worry about miscarriage due to bv. I would suggest getting something like rephresh and using it after your menses. No douching and sleep without underwear

@divab
I suggest a pregnancy test but highly unlikely you are preganant. Try sex two days before your ovulaton date
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:35am On Aug 28, 2010
@mightlove
I am a huge advocate of iuds. No, they do not affect future fertility

@steveade
did your partner get a semen analysis?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:38am On Aug 28, 2010
@thief of hearts
That is an old adage. there is a push for vaginal delivery after c/s depending on the initial indication of the c.sec

@limar
It is actually 14 days to the next menses. Take the guess work out and grab an ovulation kit
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:40am On Aug 28, 2010
@ munagi
I would suggest you go to a reproductive endocrinologist. What do you mean by your husband is ok?

@mightlove
kudossmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:41am On Aug 28, 2010
@jumie
Just taking a summer break,lol

@talk2prett
I would suggest using rephresh. It restores the acidity of the vagina. Use it after your menses. No douching, sleep without underwear. Wear cotton only underwear
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by surgeon(m): 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2010
@kathyekiti

Hi. I got your PM. Let you on later. Been ages!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stevade(f): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2010
Hi doc,kindly gives sugesstion to my prolem,i get married in 2002 since then i dont have any issue,i went to Ayinke House(general hospital)Ikeja to see a Gny in which he recomended series of test for me,i did it.I was based on drugs but nothing happen till my hubby impregnate another person,then i quit the marriage.Now am marrying another person now the same problem still reoccur that means that i am the person that something is wrong with then i took another step to another Gny at Inland maternity Lagos,i did another series of test with my hubby in which he was 100% ok but i was diagonised :below are the results
H.S.G: The Demonstrated uterus shows fairly regular outlines,both fallopian tubes were demonstrated in their entire extent
IMPRESSION: Billaterally patent fallopian tubes.
PELVIC SCAN:Shows a bulky uterus with a height of 20/22weeks from the symphysis pubis to the uterine fundus.The echo pattern is hetrogenous.Tmyometrium is expanded by solid tissue masses with mixed echo texture and Ap diameter of (A)3.8cm intramural in the anterior wall. (B)8.6cm subserous in the anterior fundal wall. (C) 2.7cm intramural in the fundal wall.(D)5.8cm subserous in the posterior fundal wall.(E)3.4cm intramural inthe upper posterior wall.(F)4.2cm intramural in the med posterior wall.(F)2.5cm intralmural in the lower posterior wall .Adnexae and pouch of A Douglas partially obliterated by the uterine bulk.MULTIPLE UTERINE FIBRIOD. Pls help me out of this problem. i was based on Bromagon, fagon and clomid. if i have sexual intercourse its come down immidiately, i dont know if i operate this fibriod may be i may concive.something needs to done urgently b4 this turn me to something else thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Angee4real: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2010
Thanks for your reply, i ve been trying for 6 months now and i am 35yrs this month and that is why i'm worry because i learnt that when you are under 35yrs u can only wait for 6 months before going for a felitily test.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Angee4real: 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2010
Thanks for your reply, i ve been trying for 6 months now and i am 35yrs this month and that is why i'm worry because i learnt that when you are under 35yrs u can only wait for 6 months before going for a felitily test.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hello doc,

sometime ago i wrote complaning of high prolactin, i have used parlodel to reduce this but after a while , milk still comes out from my breast so i deceided to use Nature way (vitex extract Feprimed) and i am now using fertilaid . Doc i have used this for one cycle and noticed that the milk doesnt come from the left breast but come out on the right. My period comes regularly an average of 28 days but this very one came late like 30days interval and doesnt seem to be normal. i have had consent Headach i just felt is as a result of stress but even after resting i am still having the headach. How can actually stop this milk from coming out from my breast forever and achieve conception urgently. i ve been married for almost 2 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2010
my problem is i am 25,1.6m tall and weigh 53kg.i started my period when i was 15, since then my period has been very irregular,last year i did some an ultrasound and some hormonal tests and my results were-
prolactin-14.01ng/ml, Estradol- 91.7pg/ml, LH-32.06mIu/ml, FSH-9.518mIu/ml. the ultrasound-normal.the doctor prescribed microgynon 30 and vit e. for 3 months.While i was taking the drugs, my period was regular,but immediately i stopped, it has bin irregular since then sometimes not coming for like 90 days, but something remarkable is that since i stopped the pills, i always have a tingling feeling around my nipple about a week before my period.
i saw my period last around middle of june and it lasted for about 7days which is quite abnormal,my period usually lasts between 4-5days.it also came while i was having the tingling feeling instead of 1 week after.Presently, i have noticed a brownish-bloodlike scanty discharge for about 3 days now.i am so confused and worried.pls help me.
Seeing a gynaecologist is quite difficult here and the tests also are quite expensive. thanks , waiting for ur reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiscomi: 11:42am On Sep 01, 2010
Hi Doc. Tanx 4 d reply. yes my period comes every month but d date varies. smtime aday gap, while smtime 2-5days gap.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2010
Doc, my period change to light spotting(browish) since yesterday and it is still dropping till today. in addition to my request earlier. thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACL(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ Kathy,

hope u are doing good.

My gyn put me on clomid 100mg for the past 2 cycles on cd 2 to cd7, second month gave persistent follicle/ ovey stimulation wc is giving me pain on my left ovary.i was told by a friend that he is suppose 2 give me something 2 shrink it cos its 30mm by 12mm but he only gave pain reliever that it will go naturally.

how long is best to be on clomid, cos the scan also indicates that the fibroids are getting bigger?
and by the way all the opk's am using dint work with the clomid so i dont know why but guess i ovulate with the help of cervical mucus.

i pray i get preg fast, age is not on my side was 36 some weeks ago,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACL(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ Kathy,

Hi DC, hope u are doing great?

so far hav been on clomid, this is cycle 2, scan shows persisting follicle cos i was havin pains on my left ovary, up till these moment the pain is still there. gyn gave pain reliever but a friend said he was suppose to shrink it @ 3omm by 12mm.

opk's does not give result for the last 2 cycle on clomid wc i use cd 2 to cd 7.
what could be the cause, also scan indicate the fibroids are getting bigger.

How long is safe using clomid and fibroid, cos it was about 29mm maximum b4 clomid but now withing 2cycle clomid its measuring 42mm.

am thinking of stoping the clomid , am scared of the fibroid brnging more issues for me and am anxious to get preg. was 36yrs 2 wks ago.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2010
Hello doc, hope you had a wonderful summer break.

Please, am a little confused. I went for post fibroid surgery scan and everything was found to be okay. The lab person suggested another HSG just to be sure the tubes are not blocked, but I told him I had one before the sugery and they were confirmed unblocked. The gyne at the hospital i did the surgery said I can do it "if i want to". Another one told me to still wait, that its too early to conclude that the tubes are blocked. What do you think.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by solo2(m): 8:28am On Sep 07, 2010
Dear doctor in the house. please what ovarian cyst, what the causes and the remedy, what is the effect if some one that is pregnant has these problem.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ttenten: 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2010
The case of the woman with 8 weeks pregnancy and two big fibroid competing with the fetus is not beyond God. As far as orthodox medicine is concerned you have to watch and pray. With herbal remedies that I am versed in there is not much herbal solution can offer to help you at this stage. However, if after safe delivery of this pregnancy and you still have the need for alternative medicine to get the fibroid dissolved you may contact me through : herbalremedies2005@yahoo.com or tel: 234-802-343-0855.

I wish you a safe delivery. Thanks.

T.Ten-Ten
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by osiyemia: 11:32am On Sep 08, 2010
lipsrsealed
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oduamine: 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2010
Hi doc,was diagnosied of thickend endometriois on my right ovary pls wat does it mean cos i dont understand
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oduamine: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2010
hallo doc
this is d result 2 my pelvic scan
A non gravid anteverted normal sized uterus measuring abt 62mm x 38mm x 44mm(long x ap x transverse) wit uniform myometrial echo texture.uterine outline is consistent and of border regularity.endometrial plate is thickened and accentuated aving a form of thick endometrial deciduation.no obvious intra or extra uterine gestation seen.no retained product of conception.no uterine myoma noted.
There is a well defined oviod thick wall cycstic mass noted within the right adnexae measuring abt 42mm x 38mm.features are suggestive of a right ovarian cycst.sizeable echo free fluid is noted within the cul de sac indicative of pelvic inflammatory disease the left adnexae is relatively free.
Imression:sonographic feature depicts:
No cysesis
Thick endometrial deciduation
No uterine myoma noted
PID
Right ovarian cycst
N/b hvs + urine m/c/s advised for pid
Pls doc kathy what does it mean?.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stages: 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2010
Hi Doc
I Put to birth 1 month ago with a complete tear
from the vigina to the anus and the cervix also
the wound is healing well as i feel less pain these days
but the problem i have now is that i feel pain around my clitoris eventhough not all the time
at times when i finish peeing, or get up from sitting for a long while it hurts. when i touch it it would hurt.
i told my doc and he gave me some drugs for urinary tract disease but still no change
recently i realised that i feel dat same pain when being touched or kissed by my husband
can u please tell me what to do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.