Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,528 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison (24075 Views)

IPOB E Warrior In The House Post A Picture Of You In The Ongoing Protest / Another Prayer Warrior In Action(pic) / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Trut(m): 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
Says, “I’m Reading, Analysing Bible, Fasted For Four Days”

FORMER Delta State Governor, James Onanefe ibori is now experiencing the golden truth about the Biblical saying that “whatever a man soweth, that he shall reap.” Ibori sowed the seed of corruption in his 8-year rule as Delta State helmsman. He was crafty enough to escape
Sources from the prisons, said the former Delta State Governor is now an imprisonment in Nigeria, but not in the United Kingdom where he was slammed with 13 years imprisonment by a Southwark Crown Court in London. Now, James Ibori is alleged to be full of regrets for his past misdeeds. He has also reportedly turned a new leaf. ardent student of the Bible which he now carries always as a companion.

“Ibori has been visited by the Holy Spirit; he is no longer the same. From the way he now talks, it seems old things have passed away and all things have become new. I observed that he said a little prayer when he alighted from the prison van and when he was standing in the dock. I heard something like God is in control from him as he walked away from the court. He was really looking very sober, I think he may have become a born again Christian,” the source said.
The former strongman of Delta politics has now become an avid Bible reader as he recently told a relative in a message that he has been reading and studying the message of the Bible as well as engaged in fervent prayers in the prisons.
“Ibori inferred in a censored message he sent to one of his relatives who interacted with me that he spent most of his days in detention reading the Bible and praying fervently. He said he has fasted about four days in prison. He described his prison cell as being okay but not too comfortable,” our sources added.

Source: http://www.thepremiernewsonline.com/articlereader.aspx?newsid=gdehcgcbacfaeedhfa

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by ozalogbo: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
This is goods news and i am excited about it. If his prison experience has made him a new creature in Christ, then good. It reaffirms the saying that God does not take men through the deep waters to drown them, but to cleanse them. If he is genuinely born again, great great great!

28 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
Wowwwww... What a good news.
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by martyns303(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
he's makig a mockery of the bible, when he was stealing he didnt recognise God. my take, he's trying to shorten his time under "good behaviour".

32 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by k2039: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
na when people get problem them they seek God.
When you dey loot you know remeber God

smh

17 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by asha80(m): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
grin
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Acidosis(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ibori should stop deceiving himself..
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by supoade: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
What has become of Ewonbode George since he left Kirikiri Prison. ? i learnt that he was the prison fellowship leader. now nko? when last did he read his bible

5 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by str8talk1: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2012
Once a convict alwayz a convict.
If he likes,let him even bcom the G.O. of the prision.
When OBJ came out 4rm prison,he eventually bcame more ruthless than ever.

5 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Gbawe: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
Trut: Says, “I’m Reading, Analysing Bible, Fasted For Four Days”

He said he has fasted about four days in prison. He described his prison cell as being okay but not too comfortable,” our sources added.

Source: http://www.thepremiernewsonline.com/articlereader.aspx?newsid=gdehcgcbacfaeedhfa

grin grin grin grin grin Well, nothing is "too comfortable" once one has become accustomed to living in the finest mansions in the world purchased with looted wealth.

1 Like

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Wallie(m): 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
Good for him! He's looking for early parole? grin

1 Like

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Gbawe: 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
Wallie: Good for him! He's looking for early parole? grin

grin grin grin Indeed. Funny how all criminals "find" God in UK Prisons.
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
You never even start bro. Ibori.. Back in tyms wen ma dad was in service, u neva send at all... It's gud to change environment u kno, ....FRESH AIR!!

1 Like

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Excelboi(m): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
Everything na stunt so he could get attention to his present predicament.

1 Like

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
Bwahahahaha

I thought UK prison was a walk in the park, huh?? Smh... Pray this guy don't commit suicide - plenty of people commit suicide in there every year.
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by siobahn: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
If he remains a changed man, returns all his loot after he leaves jail and promises not to take up any political position again but will serve in a church then I'll believe he has changed for good.

4 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by superior1: 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
He is probably looking for a parole. If he is really born again, he should correct his wrongdoings by returning stolen funds

13 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Lachynos2k2(m): 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
am so tempted to ask dat controversial question,,,smh

7 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
Its all a SHAM!If he likes he should turn to JESUS, he will spend his 13 years there! Common thief!
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Whymee: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
Read the BIBLE for the first quarter of your jail term, read the QURIAN for the second quarter, compare and contrast the two at your third quarter, be soncere to yourself, seek for the truth and let the truth set you free at the last quarter, enjoy your stay, enough time.

5 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2012
I look forward to the day our now long dead and buried judicial system takes a rejuvenating breath of life. When both the rich,poor,powerful and ordinary citizen face the same justice without fear or favour. A day when stealing and syphoning public fund wil be met with gruesome, harsh and cruel penalty. That day is when Nigeria will start living to her name "Giant of Africa" and a force to be reckoned with in the world.

5 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by texazzpete(m): 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
ozalogbo: This is goods news and i am excited about it. If his prison experience has made him a new creature in Christ, then good. It reaffirms the saying that God does not take men through the deep waters to drown them, but to cleanse them. If he is genuinely born again, great great great!

If you believe this, you'll believe anything.

There is no repentance without restitution. If he were really born again he'd return all the stolen loot back to the state.

Looking at the OP sef, it's clear it's just a made up story to drive traffic.

3 Likes

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by choosen1: 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by searay(m): 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
Well! May be Ibori has finally joined Nollywood.
Meanwhile, thk u Seun 4 d unbannnnnn.
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by kokoA(m): 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
The yeye man dey form born again for jail abi.. Blowdy thief!

1 Like

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
This is the God you turn to in times of trouble. cool
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by onila(f): 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by gramci: 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2012
Whymee: Read the BIBLE for the first quarter of your jail term, read the QURIAN for the second quarter, compare and contrast the two at your third quarter, be soncere to yourself, seek for the truth and let the truth set you free at the last quarter, enjoy your stay, enough time.

Meaning?

1 Like

Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by bbpreye2: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
Amen
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Chasdonblizz: 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
Gud 2 hearin.......
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Chokolee(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2012
We go join pray nd fast for am!
Re: Ibori Turns Prayer Warrior In Prison by Ekans: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ibori,for how long will you continue mocking God?,the ALPHA and OMEGA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ballardpartners Report Shows That APC Lead Major Geopolitical Zones (Pics) / EFCC Charges Bala Mohammed, Governor-elect With Accepting Gratification / Muslim-Muslim: We Will Abandon You – Northern APC Christians To Tinubu, Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.