Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,102 members, 7,907,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 09:42 PM

Canada Prepares To Open Its Doors - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Prepares To Open Its Doors (1291 Views)

Ghana Set To Open Its Doors To All African Travelers By July / World Biggest Hotel To Open In Mecca By 2017 / How To Open A Bank Account In America With A Visiting Visa B1/b2 (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Prepares To Open Its Doors by dustydee: 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
Earlier this year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) announced a temporary pause to its Federal Skilled Worker program while they reviewed the selection criteria to ensure a faster, more efficient immigration system.
Since then, they’ve been busy running consultations with the public, businesses and local stakeholders to get their input into proposed changes.
Finally, on 17 August, Citizenship and Immigration Canada unveiled their proposed changes, designed to allow Canada to better select workers who can “hit the ground running” upon arrival.
SO WHAT’S CHANGED?*

Applicants under the Federal Skilled Worker Program are assessed against a points grid which awards a maximum of 100 points. The pass mark is 67 points. The following changes to the points grid are proposed:
Language
Language is now the most important factor on the grid – the weight of the first official language would be significantly increased from 16 to 24 points while the weight of the second official language would be reduced from eight to four points.
The proposal will favour younger applicants by awarding a maximum of 12 points (currently the maximum is 10 points) for applicants aged 18 to 35, but reducing one point for every year after 35.
Work experience
The total number of points for work experience will decrease from 21 to 15, yet to achieve full points for work experience, they’ve increased the years of experience required. Previously it was four years, it will now be six years.
Education
Education points will be awarded based on an assessment of foreign education credentials and what the Canadian equivalent would be. CIC will not accept credentials that don’t exist in Canada or ones that aren’t comparable to a completed Canadian credential. The maximum points available will remain at 25.
Adaptability
The proposal will change the adaptability criteria to emphasise factors that are shown to have positive impacts on an immigrant’s economic and social integration. This includes points being awarded for spousal language ability and previous Canadian work experience.
NEXT STEPS

Final publication of the new (and hopefully improved) Federal Skilled Worker Program is scheduled for late 2012 while the new FSWP points grid is due to take effect in January 2013. Applications are expected to be accepted again in early 2013. You can read the whole text of the proposed changes at the Canada Gazette.
*Bear in mind that this is just a proposal and may be still subject to change.

http://blog.workingin.com/2012/09/10/canada-prepares-to-open-its-doors-again/
Re: Canada Prepares To Open Its Doors by henrychubayo: 5:30am On Sep 12, 2012
Its a welcome development. If you ask me, i may qualify this time
Re: Canada Prepares To Open Its Doors by exalt2009: 7:13am On Sep 12, 2012
Good morning, please I need your assistance on this issue ,my brother
Intended to apply for the canada immigration skill but we don't know how
To go about it. So I will need your advice to go about it and I always use to see
The poster at the post office but don't want to fall in the hand of scam artist
So please how can one go about it..where can I get or apply for the form..need information
Thanks
Re: Canada Prepares To Open Its Doors by justwise(m): 7:23am On Sep 12, 2012
exalt2009: Good morning, please I need your assistance on this issue ,my brother
Intended to apply for the canada immigration skill but we don't know how
To go about it. So I will need your advice to go about it and I always use to see
The poster at the post office but don't want to fall in the hand of scam artist
So please how can one go about it..where can I get or apply for the form..need information
Thanks

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp
Re: Canada Prepares To Open Its Doors by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2012
justwise: [/b]

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

Hi all, tnx for d link JW, is it ok to apply now or wait till 2013, as hinted by @dustydee. Tnxx n ve a great day ahead
Re: Canada Prepares To Open Its Doors by ifegy: 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
peaceheartt:

Hi all, tnx for d link JW, is it ok to apply now or wait till 2013, as hinted by @dustydee. Tnxx n ve a great day ahead

You should probably wait till the program opens again before submitting your application (for instance, you need to make sure your occupation is on the list of skills needed). In the meantime if you wanted to, you could probably start putting together generic items (documents, certificates, monetary savings, etc) you are likely to need if you do eventually apply...the website might probably give you some idea about this.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Apply For A Schengen Visa To Italy With A New Passport / Dana Airline Flight Schedule (daily) / Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.