Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,000 members, 7,873,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

Enduring Impact With The Gospel – Pastor Anita - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enduring Impact With The Gospel – Pastor Anita (493 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers / (pastor Anita Oyakhilome “Birthday Celebration” or Goddess Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enduring Impact With The Gospel – Pastor Anita by Joagbaje(m): 7:43am On Sep 12, 2012
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 4:6).

In Luke 24:49, Jesus instructed His disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they were filled with the Holy Spirit, because He knew they needed the divine enablement to accomplish the task He had given them. He wanted them to make enduring impact with the Gospel. In fact, during His own earthly ministry, He wouldn’t do anything except by the Spirit and through the Spirit.

In John 5:19. He said “…Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

In John 14:10 (WEB), He said, “…the Father, who lives in me, does the works.” He was referring to the Holy Spirit

Nothing you do will be acceptable to God or have any eternal value except that which is done through the Spirit. No matter what purpose you’ve been ordained to fulfil in life, without the Holy Spirit, you won’t achieve much. In Hebrews 9:14, the Bible reveals that Christ had to offer Himself through the Spirit:

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God…”

Learn to function by the Spirit and through the Spirit. Be continually filled with the Spirit in order to be consistent in your faith-walk and live the supernatural life to which He has called us in Christ. The Apostle Paul wrote to the saints in Rome saying

, “Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavour; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord” (Romans 12:11 AMP).

(1) (Reply)

How Does The Coming Of Christ Affect You As A Jew, Gentile, Atheist Or Theist / God Dislikes Unfaithfulness And Divorce / You Say Jesus Is No God? Read This!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.