Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,641 members, 7,889,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:15 PM

South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ (19039 Views)

South-East Will Get Additional State Before Any Other Zone – Jonathan / General Buhari Did Not Buy A Single Rifle For Military As Head Of State – GEJ / Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by marabout(m): 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
If you want Anioma, talk to the core Ibos if they'll support you. Orlu and Adaba or some similar name also want one.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Elueme: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
I trust the judgement of the president on state creation.. I would have suggested every zone except northwest has one more state with south east having two but the cost ll be too much for the country.. On this note I think the decision for two(2) states is fair..
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Demdem(m): 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
It's a backward step because it does not favour you, okwa ya?

of cos not. states creation is not the way to go. it never has. i prefer we all go back to regions like it was in the first republic but that should be after the SNC.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by inob: 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
If any state should b created frm d S/E,i tink it should b ogoja state.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Elueme: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
Demdem:

of cos not. states creation is not the way to go. it never has. i prefer we all go back to regions like it was in the first republic but that should be after the SNC.
I don't think state creation will substitute the agitation for true federalism.. Let's thrive to balance the inequality while we proceed for our call for regional govt or true federalism.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by marabout(m): 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
Elueme: I trust the judgement of the president on state creation.. I would have suggested every zone except northwest has one more state with south east having two but the cost ll be too much for the country.. On this note I think the decision for two(2) states is fair..

By the time they pay governor, deputy, commissioners, LGA chairmen, the entire bureaucratic echelon, no money will be left.

We rather want strong regions and LGAs and weak federal government. We can bypass the whole state government apparatus.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Torch1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
free2ryhme:

Is this what we need now ? Misplaced priorities.. There is growing insecurity in the country, Underdevelopment and a snail economy and Our president is busy thinking of creating new states... na garri you wan give them chop after you created them.. Because you want fairness and equality does not mean you should make irrelevant decisions
so creating one state for South-East(the only region with 5 states) for fairness and equity is irrelevant becos the pple are not bombin Nigeria? Until they start throwin bomb in Abuja then it will be relevant to you.. Okwa ya?

2 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
marabout:

By the time they pay governor, deputy, commissioners, LGA chairmen, the entire bureaucratic echelon, no money will be left.

We rather want strong regions and LGAs and weak federal government. We can bypass the whole state government apparatus.
Yeah, you're right that we should rather build strong regions but until then, i think the south-east needs a state.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by marabout(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
Demdem:

Who will listen? We keep creating unsustainable states, getting hand-out from Abuja,

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by marabout(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
Elueme: I don't think state creation will substitute the agitation for true federalism.. Let's thrive to balance the inequality while we proceed for our call for regional govt or true federalism.

Problem is the more people you appease by giving them their state, the weaker the clamour for true federalism.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Abagworo(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
Orashi state.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
No wonder they call this man clueless.As much as creation of more state in SE is not a bad idea,i believe this is a right decisn at a wrong time. Security,roads,infrastructures, health,education need to be given immediate attention in his first 3 years. Then we can talk about Akwa state. Mcheeew
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by chino11(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
They should take the state creation elsewhere. My Anambra should not be touched. They can go and create Adada from Nsukka areas or even Anioma out of Delta Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Lachynos2k2(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
De Wisedon: Our ORLU state is on d way.i wil be geting ready to contest 4 councillorship
GBAM NWA NNAA
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by inob: 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
2 million: And there lies d problem, which state are there going to create and which state will want to be divided in two for the new state to be?
ogoja will b created out of d present cross river
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by marabout(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
I remember a time in Bendel state when Aniomas used to complain of marginalisation.

Even though Denise Osadebey was first elected premier, many commissioners, judges and a vast number of government officials were Aniomas. Thanks to a high number of highly educated Aniomas. People like Dr Mrs Unukegwo.
Many of my friends's dads were among them.

I don't think they have had more prominence in Delta state than in old Bendel/Midwest. I hear of people talking of marginalisation now in Delta state.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Lachynos2k2(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
inob: If any state should b created frm d S/E,i tink it should b ogoja state.
are u for real? u mean ogoja from crossriverstate?
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
@marabout
Are you from Anioma?
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Demdem(m): 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
Elueme: I don't think state creation will substitute the agitation for true federalism.. Let's thrive to balance the inequality while we proceed for our call for regional govt or true federalism.

well, i see it as just extending the evil days. why leave the ultimate desire for the last and settle for crumbs now?
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
Demdem:

well, i see it as just extending the evil days. why leave the ultimate desire for the last and settle for crumbs now?
Why don't we stop collecting state allocations from Abuja since we're fighting for regionalism. We shouldn't do anything again because we're clamoring for regionalism.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Demdem(m): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
marabout: .

Who will listen? We keep creating unsustainable states, getting hand-out from Abuja,

states creation is not the way at all no matter what. anyway, my consolation is it will never come to past. not because i dont like the people but because of Nigeria complexities.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Dede1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
marabout:

I had wished this thought process was visited before Gowon went into the political madness called state creation. When the northern region was divided into states for places not big enough to be a village, this wonderful idea of yours was not consulted. Again, Southeast is due for two additional states to equal the number of states in northwest zone because democracy is simply based on numbers.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Torch1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
Elueme: I represent Anioma joor... But I ll not be a south easterner.. Be proud of where you belong
And where do u belong? South-South? How come states like Edo, Delta(Anioma part), C.Rivers are in South South when States like Anambra, Abia, Imo etc are in South East.. Who the Bleep created these regions? Dont we have people that study geography in Nigeria?
marabout: If you want Anioma, talk to the core Ibos if they'll support you. Orlu and Adaba or some similar name also want one.
you people should stop that rubbish.. Igbo is igbo, no core Igbo.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Demdem(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Why don't we stop collecting state allocations from Abuja since we're fighting for regionalism. We shouldn't do anything again because we're clamoring for regionalism.

states keeps on collecting allocations from Abuja because everything first goes to Abuja. That is the way the present structure is which ought not to be. The constitution even favours it so u cant blame any state that does such. its their birthright. For instance, no state can initiate ever going into mining because the first port of call where the income will go to is Abuja before its further dispensed. we should be talking about how we restructure this country first. Ur so called new proposed state after being created (which i believe wont happen anyway) will also join the abuja beggars.

i believe if i should have my way, the process should be thus:

SNC (determine the structure of this country and ho we want to be governed) - Regionalism - States creation (create any number u desire in ur region)

2 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by iamtheprincipal: 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
Thumbs up to President GEJ. I'm waiting to see you balance or correct this injustice metted the South Easterners by the Northern Oligarchy and that's if you will for once exercise the powers (GCFR) of your office!
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Dede1(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
The Nigerians tend to be smarter in their world of delusion when any policy in Nigeria is design to give Ndigbo equal playing ground. Nigerians remained dastardly dumb when the so-called south-east was two or one state less than other geo-political zones.

I suggest that means must be devised to create equal number of states in the so-called geo-political zones in the cesspit called Nigeria period.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by COOLDUN: 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm not Anioma but i think since Anioma has been clamoring for a state, it should be given to them and then it should be added to the south-east to make it six states.

Well said my dear, i love your sense of reasoning, i am not from Anioma too but when you look at the present day Delta state you would see that the state is meaningless considering the situation of the state capital,from Warri to Asaba is 5hrs drive,which makes it the longest route from rural areas to the state capital in the country. Let no state in South East be divided again, it is bringing disunity and heavens for the political jobbers. Let Anioma state be given its rightful existicence and be added to the South East as it is mostly the Igbo speaking people from Agbor to Onitsha. The capital may be at Agbor or Asaba.The Delta state capital in Asaba is a great cheating to the entire state. Let all the South Eastern states live as they are now.Let this state creation of a thing be properly addressed inorder to avoid calls for another state creation again in future.If Nigeria will still exist. There was more peace,love,trust and harmony when it was region than now we have states, because people are splitted in the name of state creation.Enough of this nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
inob: ogoja will b created out of d present cross river

How did ogoja relate to SE, stop dreaming my friend.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by aribisala0(m): 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT can create states??

Why do we deceive ourselves? Only Aboki can create states. In order for states to be created the Constitution MUST CHANGE that means even if the FG legislates it 24 states must do the same. There are only 17 states in the South.

So far we have not succeeded in creating a local government area since 1999 not to talk of states. Abokis have MORE land in fact Niger state and Sokoto state are bigger than SE and they will NEVER dilute their Constitution changing powers or revenue drawing RIGHTS from OYEL money
for them to create One state in the south they will create two in the North let us see who will run out of land first.
The issue is NOT about fairness but reality. Once you give something to a small child try asking him to return it and see what happens. The oil producing states ARE MORE LIKELY to get 50% derivation before states are created in a way that dilutes Northern Power and we know how likely that is through dialogue.Same as State Police PIB etc I DEY LAFF

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
COOLDUN:

Well said my dear, i love your sense of reasoning, i am not from Anioma too but when you look at the present day Delta state you would see that the state is meaningless considering the situation of the state capital,from Warri to Asaba is 5hrs drive,which makes it the longest route from rural areas to the state capital in the country. Let no state in South East be divided again, it is bringing disunity and heavens for the political jobbers. Let Anioma state be given its rightful existicence and be added to the South East as it is mostly the Igbo speaking people from Agbor to Onitsha. The capital may be at Agbor or Asaba.The Delta state capital in Asaba is a great cheating to the entire state. Let all the South Eastern states live as they are now.Let this state creation of a thing be properly addressed inorder to avoid calls for another state creation again in future.If Nigeria will still exist. There was more peace,love,trust and harmony when it was region than now we have states, because people are splitted in the name of state creation.Enough of this nonsense.

pls give me the LGA or communities that will make up the ANIOMA STATE
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Onlytruth(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
Demdem:

states creation is not the way at all no matter what. anyway, my consolation is it will never come to past. not because i dont like the people but because of Nigeria complexities.

Some of you just can't seem to get over your hangups. Do you know that conspiracies don't last for ever? That soon, someone will start saying the truth for once in Nigeria, and do the right thing? Do you know that no other geopolitical zone in Nigeria deserves any state than SE? Do you know that if anyone is serious about keeping Nigeria together, that SE MUST get at least ONE state?

Honestly, your consolation is misplaced and if you don't repent, you will not be happy WHEN (not if) that SE state is created.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Cupidkc(m): 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
Demdem: This is a backward step if this step is taken.
I dont believe the story sha. it wont materialised. Not now or in the nearest future.
Just curious...what made you think so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets With Civil Servants In Abuja (Photos) / Minimum Wage: Labour Demands Payment Of Five-month Arrears / New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.