Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:07 PM

The Important Lesson I Learnt From Google - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Important Lesson I Learnt From Google (610 Views)

A Lesson I Learnt From Football While Growing Up / Life Lesson: The Richest Man In The Society Of Then. (photo) / The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Important Lesson I Learnt From Google by weebay(m): 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
It was a tough argument between me and my friend, Toyin. It was the kind of argument that could continue for hours until someone (usually the person with the weaker voice) gave up. I was confident – I could remember Mr. Jones continuously telling us the meaning of ‘yardang’ in the last geography class. To make matters worse, there was no geography textbook close by for us to fall back on so we kept throwing words at each other like market women looking for change in Cele. I was ready to continue with the argument until this spark (I call moments like that the ‘eureka moment’) reminded me of Google. I quickly pulled out my blackberry and with two clicks; I found a lifeline. Hidden in perhaps the easiest place to search; Google showed me a clear definition – with explanations – of the term ‘yardang’. That just saved us a bucket of saliva but that’s not the only thing we can learn from that story.
http://thepacesetters.org/2012/08/the-important-lesson-i-learnt-from-google-2/ more
Re: The Important Lesson I Learnt From Google by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
space the sentences abeg....

(1) (Reply)

What Have U Achieved From Nairaland / Shout And Scream / Indian Man Beheaded On Crowded Train In Bengal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.