Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,910 members, 7,931,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:43 PM

Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? (1105 Views)

He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else / He Broke Up With Me The Night He Proposed! Frances & Desmond’s Love Story / He Proposed To His Girlfriend In The Swimming Pool Of A Lagos Hotel (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by stefykarl: 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2008
I have been heart broken, betrayed and rejected, but the right person walks in, and loves me just right, most of all, i admired is there but the problem is he is a moslem and am a christain, he has proposed to me, but i didnt give him any answer,pls wat should i do, since the people of the same faith are ful of lies and betrayal. pls every contribution or view is accepted.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2008
My dear, I feel your pain. I am a Christain to and for a long time was involved with someone of different faith. Its true, most of the Christains dont treat women well, Moslem Guys have a ay of making a woman feel special.
If your are in love ith him, Put sterotypes aside and build a relationship if you feel he is right for you. I have always said race and religion should not be a barier to love.
In the end you kno what you want. Follow your heart dear. Good Luck
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by efuah(f): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2008
aisha2. . . easier said than done! wink

@poster, yeah follow ya heart but bear in mind that one of u must deny his/her religion for a better end result!, all da best.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by sleekdot(m): 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2008
Yeah follow your heart also consider the implications.Are you going to have the support of your family(or you don't care),are you sure his family would accept you? I would be very honest with you it aint easy but it could be easy Pray to your father in heaven. All the best
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by JUNE12(m): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2008
I will advise ,based on what my bible says.
I have a lot of muslims friends and I respect them.
The bible says that we should not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. Marriage is not just physical,but it is also spirutual. How do you pray ?
How do you bring up your children ?
Look for the right christian congregation and look for the right man.
Most importantly, wait on God.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Busta(f): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2008
aisha2:

My dear, I feel your pain. I am a Christain to and for a long time was involved with someone of different faith. Its true, most of the Christains don't treat women well, Moslem Guys have a ay of making a woman feel special.
If your are in love ith him, Put sterotypes aside and build a relationship if you feel he is right for you. I have always said race and religion should not be a barier to love.

Well said
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by uspry1(f): 1:51am On Jan 10, 2008
I agree with @aisha2 and @efuah has said it all.

Helpful tip to make your relationship stronger despite of religion and stereotypes at below link:

7 Reasons Why Females Get Hurt In Relationship
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94423.0.html

10 Insights You should take steps into serious relationship

before you get marry her/him

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95533.0.html
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by daryl(f): 10:52am On Jan 11, 2008
Babe, like the others said, is up to you to decide. and ask urself if you are ready to face ue family, unless they wont mind. Have you not thought of not taking them to church or where will u take them to, pls ask urself questions and think again pls. i know how you feel after all you must have been thru, just take it easy and be strong okay. and all the same follow ur heart and no one can advice you like u
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by jhibola: 10:57am On Jan 11, 2008
if you know u really luv him, 4get about muslim or christain thing, see i will be frank with u, there are no husband out there any more, we are very scares, so the one u see now plz hold him tight inrespective of the religion cos b4 u know it another despirate girl will high jack him 4rm u.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by jhibola: 10:59am On Jan 11, 2008
hello daryl, waz up am jhibola , care to meet me?
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 11, 2008
aisha2:

most of the Christains don't treat women well, Moslem Guys have a ay of making a woman feel special.
For someone who's expressed unreserved disapproval of generalisations in other threads, u just committed the same crime. wink

aisha2:

True that.

If experience of most pple I've eva been around or heard of is anythin to go by, be prepared for fresh and real troubles dt are highly inapparent rite now dt love for ds Islamist is still clouding ur eyes.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by tkb417(m): 11:14am On Jan 11, 2008
most of the Christains don't treat women well,

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by jhibola: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2008
tkb417:

shocked shocked shocked
WELL THATS NOT 2RU, AN A MUSLIM TOO BUT SOME XTIAN GUYS TREAT WOMAN NICE
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by daryl(f): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2008
Hey Jihibola! How u doin?
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by jhibola: 11:52am On Jan 11, 2008
DARYL, AM COOL AND YOU? CAN U JOIN ME @ YAHOO MESSANGER SO WE CAN TALK IN PRIVATE, IF U DONT MIND
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by jhibola: 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2008
daryl my mail address is jibola_4chick@yahoo.com
and my number is 08061244965
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by 2dye4(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2008
@poster: as much as i understand your plight, your generalisation that xtian men have nothing to offer might becloud your judgement on getting hooked to one (i know uv bin let down one too many times though) . we don't know the half of what love is all about, the highs & lows , the ups & downs etc,  but what thrive on his what we feel @ that moment hoping it will be enouf to take us through. just take a minute to come down from that emotional height and challenge yourself with some practical questions that dwell on love , faith, family and your future and if your so sure u are ready to go down that path , then give it all u got! cheers. wink

remember when it comes to love u can only vouch for yourself.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2008
Sorry about the christain men Statement, didnt mean it like that. Am so sorry.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by 2dye4(m): 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2008
@aisha: my dear, u are forgiven. go my child and sin no more! grin
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2008
aisha2:

@aisha2
U neva disappoint do you? so matured in your approach to stuff. Typical n'landers wld've started name-calling. Keep it up girl. wink
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by olanajim(m): 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2008
@june12.
Why do some people regard men on the other sides as unbelievers? The people that have problems dealing with difference of Religion in relationship are, to be honest, those who are yet to understand what it mean by God. If God is in one religion only, the all other religions would have been in disarray.
To a mind with wisdom, such pronouncement is needless. I have deep knowledge of Islam and Christainity and a bit of tradition. My understanding thought me never to condemn others as unbelievers. The irony is that some sections of christains even consider other section as unbelievers, even though they read the same bible!

My point therefore is simple, NEVER CALL OTHER RELIGIOUs as UNBELIEF.

@poster,
in truth, this kind of issue is hard. The battle line is drawn between love and religion. Faith and wisdom stand in between. The strongest wins.

It all depends on you. On your background. Somebody would have to sacrifice for the kids. Try and talk to your man first. Listen to him and his ideal about this. Let him see into the future. Let him tell you what he see.

Never marry, muslim or christain, just because you have disappointments in the past. Always be sure that your decision is the best you can think of.

The truth I must tell you is that if you marry a muslim man, your kids would carry muslim names.

There is this weird couple I once know. Christain husband, muslim wife. The wife call their child SIKIRAT, and the husband call the same child ESTER! You can imagine how hot their home is. Strangely, they are still together today. The husband won. Why? Because he is the head. But they maintain their respective religion till date. They settled the child name by using yoruba name. YETUNDE!
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by stefykarl: 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2008
I am really impressed and grateful on the responses i ve gotten so far, but to be honest with you guys, you have shed light on some stuffs i have not had a deep thought on like the issue of the kids wit their unbringing. I am so grateful to y'all i'll just pray to God to direct me.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2008
aisha2:

kai! Thank God you took it back . . . grin
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2008
David, I knew you would come
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2008
aisha2:

David, I knew you would come

its simply because of the love i have for u my sister. smiley
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Bblak(f): 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2008
I'm sure you've heard it all.Follow ur heart but keep it in mind that someone will have to sacrifice his/her religion for peace to reign.How you want ur kids to be brought up matters too.Gdluck.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by agatha2u: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2008
A man that is proposing to me now is a Sabbathtarian the White garment church, and me i am a catholic so what will i do i still try to draw him to catholic but he refuse but what can i do is where u find ur love. And i know he loves me too. so if u love him go ahead it is your life if you know u will find happiness there is nothing wrong in marring a moslems
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Sista(f): 5:24am On Jan 15, 2008
Hello David, did you miss me? I missed you grin
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 15, 2008
[size=15pt]Sista is back![/size] grin cheesy
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by olanajim(m): 7:30am On Jan 15, 2008
David, how many people did you love on nairaland?

@poster,
raising kids is no problem as long as both of you have iron out the grey areas. Personally, I think it is both challenging and fun to marry from the other side of the religion.

I have a yardstick for measuring success rate. And that is probably why I am always optimistic. If the two of you can consciously fall in love know you differ in faith, then, it is possible you work things out.

The odds here is that A "strong" muslim lady won't marry non muslim. By "strong" I am talking of someone who breath and speak quran. A muslim man however can make decision quickly whether he is islamically "weak" or "strong". However, he can't marry unbelievers.

The mistakes most of fanatical christains made is branding muslims as "unbelievers". That is not just stupid but irrational. Muslims on the other hand branded christains as "people of the book". Christains are never regarded as unbelievers all through the quran. They are given respect. On the other hand, some selfish christains had made it an occupation to classify muslims as "unbelievers" even when the bible didn't mentioned "muslims" in it description of unbelievers.

I strongly believe that couple dating from other religions must resolve the issue before getting married. Once this is done, third parties should be shut out. As they would stop at nothing to create disharmony between the couple.
Re: Different Religion But He Proposed: What Should I Do? by daryl(f): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2008
is really nice if u should think through wat olaniji said concerning the kids and, dont delve into it just because u want to prove a point or as an act of revenge, but let it truly be cos of love.

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Issues; Urgent Advice Needed / How To Make Love Last; Do Not Read If You Are Still Single. / Can I Trust Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.