Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,242 members, 7,974,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:25 PM

Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland (1034 Views)

Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. / Electronics Fraudsters On Olx / Smscountry Are Fraudsters,nigerians Beware. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by philips70(m): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
Let me officially report a fraud perpetrated on me yesterday. They must have succeeded but let me use this thread to warn unsuspecting potential victims. I paid for a phone advertised by FXLINE yesterday. He quoted his address as 22 Mohammed Buhari way Kaduna. The phone number used for this transaction is 08071728009. I transferred the money into a GTB account number 0049112714. I got a message from him yesterday that he has sent the phone through DHL which I specified and paid for. That was the last time I heard from him. I have called the number severally and a certain guy speaking asallam ailekun has been answering the phone. When I came back to Nairaland to run a background check on this guy which ordinarily I should have done before payment I discovered he has another moniker he has been using as a decoy since 2009 named FAITHSFI. I have gone to the bank this afternoon with his details and the account is being investigated. He also gave another Fidelity bank account number. Tomorrow I will be going to lodge a formal complain in the police station with all the details that I have all in a bid to make his job a little difficult for him hoping that one day he will be stopped in his track.
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by nairahacker: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
I alwayz knw he waz fake....
He prices where too hard to believe and plz don't buy stuff online if a seller request that it shud be done through delivery service, face to face
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by aieromon(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
The guy that advertises a used bold 5 for N45k?

Please,do your best to track him.
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by Omexonomy: 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
All this people coming to this forum to scam people i pity them.
Pleas mod move to front page to warn people and the efcc should be alerted
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
Police should arrest and prosecute you for aiding and abeting fraud. With all the repeated messages that you should never pay money into strangers account except face to face transaction, you foolishly paid 20k into his account.

Now the judgement

You are found guilty and you will be sentenced 6 months imprisonment with light or hard labour
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by obowunmi(m): 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
Even face to face is dangerous - what if he robs or kills you like Cynthia?
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
[/quote]
obowunmi: Even face to face is dangerous - what if he robs or kills you like Cynthia?

True talk. Caution and due diligence should be your watch word.
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by obowunmi(m): 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Before putting money into anyone's account: check in with the NLd community first and NOT after you have been scammed.
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by philips70(m): 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
petaling: Police should arrest and prosecute you for aiding and abeting fraud. With all the repeated messages that you should never pay money into strangers account except face to face transaction, you foolishly paid 20k into his account.

Now the judgement

You are found guilty and you will be sentenced 6 months imprisonment with light or hard labour

Where have you received such messages never to pay money into strangers accounts? Do you know how many businesses taking place online at the moment? I put this here for unsuspecting guys to learn from so they make thorough check before buying any stuff on any site. Most of the known sellers here on Nairaland started with just a sale. I am currently doing business with a guy I met on nairaland who is not even a regular face. Yet we have been and still currently transacting business running into some few millions of Naira successfully. We can never be too careful but reporting issues like this to the public and appropriate authorities can gradually make their job more tedious for them.
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by Odunnu: 5:29am On Sep 13, 2012
What kinda phone were you paying for?
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by naijathings(m): 5:57am On Sep 13, 2012
[size=17pt]people come on Nairaland looking for cheap stuff like say dem pick am for ground. thats how u fall for these scams when you keep running after cheap stuff. I will give you 10,000 naira if you ever catch that guy through any of his bank details. Na today we don dey hear that one?
I wonder how people still fall MUGU like this? as in... you actually went to the bank and stood in line to fill the deposit slip and send money so the guy will send you whatever.. I bet you must be feeling real stuuuuupid right now and your body don rest now.
the funny thing is. we will always continue to get more reports like this on nairaland[/size]
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by obowunmi(m): 6:07am On Sep 13, 2012
LooooooooL @ naijathings... Hahahaha
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by ceejay80s(m): 7:42am On Sep 13, 2012
It will cost u money to catch him, u think say police go do am for free? Since he has a bank account with a full name, photo, next of kin, address, nepa bills etc. He will be caught, that is if ur papa na retired general or general.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by naijathings(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2012
ceejay80s: It will cost u money to catch him, u think say police go do am for free? Since he has a bank account with a full name, photo, next of kin, address, nepa bills etc. He will be caught, that is if ur papa na retired general or general.
He can be caught if your name na Cynthia.. Ha Ha Ha. grin ROTFLMFAO cry
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by achodave(m): 9:35am On Sep 13, 2012
I agree,involving the police will only make you spend more money,though I know your real intentions posting this here,
Forget the police and come to me,I can use jazz and find the crook hehehe but nothing is free in naija
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by naijathings(m): 10:14am On Sep 13, 2012
achodave: I agree,involving the police will only make you spend more money,though I know your real intentions posting this here,
Forget the police and come to me,I can use jazz and find the crook hehehe but nothing is free in naija

with 40 cows and 10 virgins abi? Scam babalawo. LOL
Re: Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland by philips70(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
Odunnu: What kinda phone were you paying for?

I paid for a bold5 used 55k including courier.
naijathings: [size=17pt]people come on Nairaland looking for cheap stuff like say dem pick am for ground. thats how u fall for these scams when you keep running after cheap stuff. I will give you 10,000 naira if you ever catch that guy through any of his bank details. Na today we don dey hear that one?
I wonder how people still fall MUGU like this? as in... you actually went to the bank and stood in line to fill the deposit slip and send money so the guy will send you whatever.. I bet you must be feeling real stuuuuupid right now and your body don rest now.
the funny thing is. we will always continue to get more reports like this on nairaland[/size]

You don't need to write in big fonts to advertise your uncouth stupidity. Even the most intelligent are scammed in one way or the other somehow. Millions of dollars exchange hands online on a daily basis. And I have done many successful deals online. This is only an unfortunate one. Mistakes are meant for lessons and no one is above it.
ceejay80s: It will cost u money to catch him, u think say police go do am for free? Since he has a bank account with a full name, photo, next of kin, address, nepa bills etc. He will be caught, that is if ur papa na retired general or general.
I am not going to the police to recover my money but to report crime which most of us find hard to do and turn around to blame the police for ineptitude and lack of performance. And I only post this to warn new and unsuspecting people. Is it not surprising that FAITHSFI has been on Nairaland actively since 2009 but hasn't been banned but people are been banned daily for mentioning some certain forbidden words?

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Very Clean Bb Tour For Urgent Sale No Scratch, / UK GOODS - Genuine Blackberry Curve 9300 (curve3) + 8520(curve 2) Batteries / Brand New, Unused, Unopened HP 2000 - 2b43dx For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.